Smuggler Han/Chewbacca not sold on Japanese clients

Rockseia_XII
33 posts Member
edited September 2017
iXTmtT0.jpg?1
For some reason, the Smuggler Han/Chewbacca packs are not sold on Japanese clients.

We've experienced a similar issue with the Ewok packs/bundles, and I reported it earlier here,
but this was never addressed.

Replies

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Hey, that greedo/gear packs don't appear in my store!!!
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Somehow, there are packs for Japanese players, but with these packs, there is no way Japanese users will be able to 7-star their Smuggler Han/Chewie. Something similar has happened before, and has made many Japanese whales (who hoard everything they can) very upset.
  • Not at all fair considering TBs.
  • I can confirm this again, but I fear it is working as intended... But then the release notes should accommodate for that.

For people who are interested. The pack we get in Japan is 3 time purchase limited, gives 3 drawings from all scoundrels, and therefore only a chance to get the new Chewie or Han. The price per shard is not too bad actually, but it goes against what the concept of a marquee event is and what the rest of the world gets.

• Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    NahWillis wrote: »
    Not at all fair considering TBs.

While it is another discussion if new toons like these should be part of Territory Battles or not, but if they are, all players around the world should get the option to purchase them. The new ewoks showed up in platoons, and for Japanese Guilds it was even for the biggest whale not possible to have a 7* Logray. From a fairness and game design point of view disappointing.
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on
  • I CANNOT understand why CG/EA ignore Japanese market at all...
  • I think with those special packs, EA think they have more success in Japan and they want to show special attention. Not sure if this is the case in time were people can easily compare what other countries get.

If they do some special stuff for Japan maybe a Japanese feedback channel would be interesting so EA Japan can have the same user interaction as they do here in this forum now. If feedback in Japanese would be possible it would give a much clearer picture to CG what their japanese user base is thinking...

Maybe this should be moved to Feedback - CG and Japan :)
  • EA Japan does not respond for anything. Ewoks and this smuggler issues, at least we have to be fair for the territory. I am in Japan and having serious unfairness from current EA strategy.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    According to the EA Japan support this seems to be decided by the US headquarter, but I am not sure what I should believe. Why just withhold certain packs from one country? Especially as the Captain Han Solo Pack which has exactly the same structure is also avaible in Japan.

On a positive note, according to this we should at least get the Ewok packs with a little bit delay in Japan also:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1253242/#Comment_1253242

Although now they are released into chromium and shipment I am even more confused by their "Japapn strategy".

Putting the toons like the ewoks at higher stars into territory battles is really hard to take. While I am sure there is no bad intention from individuals at CG it feels a little bit like the left hand doesnt know what the right hand does. And as Japanese user it certainly doesn't come across as company who cares about other countries. My opinion about that was placed in this forum and at the Japanese support several times, but so far I couldn't get a satisfying answer.
    Post edited by Delmon_Ciiidrr on