Allow Advancing Early to Next TB Phase

As it stands, TB has been described as having either day long phases that stretch the overall TB to nearly a week, or a 3-day event with brief 12-hour phases.

Maybe we can have our cake and eat it too if the phases are 12-hour, but allow a guild to advance to the next phase early if they have achieved all stars and filled all platoons. They would only be allowed to advance one phase beyond the current phase, and the old phase would remain open until its scheduled end time so all guild members would have a chance to do the battles.

Early advancement would be a reward in a sense, because it would allow for more communication and coordination on the next phase. But it would also be a QOL enhancement since it would give guild members with busy schedules a longer window to to aim for, at least for the early phases.

The first few phases would have the feel of the more flexible and relaxed 24-hour time block, while keeping the overall event duration to a few days.

Replies

• Options
    Affirmative. It's been mentioned in a few other threads. All discussion of 12 or 24 hours windows becomes moot once the Guild leader can just flip over to the next portion of the game.

Been saying for days this would let super organized high powered guilds rip through at their pace and the rest of us schmucks can just keep on with our 24 hours.

Everyone wins.

++ If the Guild leader can also give the option to an officer.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Ava_Kdizzle
    844 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Yeah, was just talking about this in our cluster too. It's a great idea.

Really, it would be nice to just say the event is 3-6 days long total and there is an advance to next stage button that guild leaders and/or officers can hit to move from one to the next. It would prevent strong guilds from sitting around watching the clock tick on the early stages and allow more coordination on the later stages where really needed. At the same time, less developed guilds could spend more time on the middle phases and make sure they did all they could to maximize stars there.
  • Options
    I mean all that is required is for them to allow guild leader to choose either 12h or 24h phases before TB.
  • Options
    Of course we have to remember that the devs want to set up the game in a way that encourages people to log in regularly. They don't want to make it so people can get everything done all at once, so there would have to be some scheduling built in. But, ideally people would be logging in because they are having a good time, not because someone with a riding crop and a black leather hat is yelling what they must do (unless you're into that sort of thing).

So maybe the simplest thing would be for a new phase to open every 12 hours, but keep the old phases open until the event is over. Maybe a few small carrots with time limits could be dangled along the way to reward people for checking in regularly. But the overall event wouldn't rely on six strict time slots.
  • Options
    I love this idea. It makes sense.
    Donheiser wrote: »
    Of course we have to remember that the devs want to set up the game in a way that encourages people to log in regularly. They don't want to make it so people can get everything done all at once, so there would have to be some scheduling built in. But, ideally people would be logging in because they are having a good time, not because someone with a riding crop and a black leather hat is yelling what they must do (unless you're into that sort of thing).

So maybe the simplest thing would be for a new phase to open every 12 hours, but keep the old phases open until the event is over. Maybe a few small carrots with time limits could be dangled along the way to reward people for checking in regularly. But the overall event wouldn't rely on six strict time slots.

It's funny I know that the time played in minutes is an achievement for the companies but I see players wanting the opposite.
  • Options
    GOH is our other significant other. Most of us are down for some level of commitment. We just want to get something out of it and not be taken for granted.
  • Options
    It's funny I know that the time played in minutes is an achievement for the companies but I see players wanting the opposite.

It's not an achievement, it's a metric which has been shown to repeatably link to increased revenue. They don't do it to look good, they do it because it works.
  • Options
    Witzkers wrote: »

It's not an achievement, it's a metric which has been shown to repeatably link to increased revenue. They don't do it to look good, they do it because it works.

Thanks

• Options
    A few good options here. Some more straightforward then others.

I'd like to see the TB stay 24 hours - but I absolutely believe any guild should be allowed to pump through the event as fast as they want/can. Maybe even give them the a Blitzkrieg bonus for getting more then 40 stars in 3 days.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Or even an automatic thing- when all players have deployed the choice to go into next phase is there.
  • Options
    Or even an automatic thing- when all players have deployed the choice to go into next phase is there.

Only problem is that 'one player' keeping you from going forward in such a case -- and if you've already 3*'d they don't even matter any more.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    For sure. But I was thinking of it as a stacking thing. When the leader presses the "next phase button" and/or if everyone is done type deal.
  • Options
    What's the rush? Just wait it out and go do something else.
  • Options
    The funny thing about all the comments in regards to TB lately. It seems like most players wants to speed up and make TB shorter so they don't have to wait. And If memory serves me correctly, what happen to All those players who kept saying TB is not long enough (the one that complains about their work schedule) and no one have time to play it when it was first announce.
  • Options
    Phase 1-4 should be 12 hours, it takes almost no time to max it out. We finished P1 in about 10 mins after it opened this go around.

The option once 3 starred all territories to move on to next phase option is great idea.

• Options
    i dont think its a good idea. its going to create haoss in most of the quilds. 24h is fine. ok maybe first 2-3 areas can be 12h, but i dont see that hapening.
  • Options
    I don't see the problem with options. 24 hour limit but can advance if done earlier. Tb will start for everyone at the same time for all- so it's not like people will be getting extras in.
  • Options
    I appreciate that most people replying to this thread are probably in ultra-high tier guilds but not everyone is.

Your Guild might be able to get three stars on the first Territory in 10 minutes flat but some Guilds can't get 3 stars on it even with the full 24 hours. So why on earth should your already elite Guild get a head start on the next Territory? Head starts are supposed to be for people who aren't as good as the majority - not those who are already better!
  • Options
    Stenun wrote: »
    I appreciate that most people replying to this thread are probably in ultra-high tier guilds but not everyone is.

Your Guild might be able to get three stars on the first Territory in 10 minutes flat but some Guilds can't get 3 stars on it even with the full 24 hours. So why on earth should your already elite Guild get a head start on the next Territory? Head starts are supposed to be for people who aren't as good as the majority - not those who are already better!

It's not a head start if it starts and ends at the same time for everyone. Also other guilds who struggle to get 3 stars in phase 1 now will hopefully be building up and will complete it with ease in time.

• Options

Since there's one TB per week it changes nothing in a long run
  • Options

It's not a head start if it starts and ends at the same time for everyone. Also other guilds who struggle to get 3 stars in phase 1 now will hopefully be building up and will complete it with ease in time.

The head start applies to the idea of being able to start early while some others have to wait. That's the idea I was responding to and calling an unfair head start. :smile:
  • Options
    Darth wrote: »
    Yeah this 24 hr wait is ridiculous! I think the guild leader should have an option to go to the next phase whenever he wants especially when everyone has gone they're turns and gotten as many stars as they can. And they need to go to the 12 hr phases as soon as possible

Or allow each guild to advance how they wish. Which is the point of this thread.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Doing as begged fro by the thread-starter is no benefti for high power guild but for guilds whose members are without work and have time all the day in my opinion. For people who have a real live besides this game there should be some fix time stamps, valid for ALL. And no, i am not in a low level guild and i am no rookie but it just doesn´t seem fair to me, bevcause it has nothing to do with roster itself or GP of guild or even with coordination workl but only with flexibility of guild members in playing the game and this is something the most of the full time workers do not have in that amount and are also not able to change !
    The sound of a TIE Fighter engine was created by combining an elephant bellow and a car driving on wet pavement.