Why doesn't Rogue 1 have a faction tag?

Just out of curiosity.
Meanwhile, down on the farm....

Replies

• Would b usefull
  • Considering Phoenix Squad, yes good question.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Why should they?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    The only good reason I can see is to sort them out to work on since they are required for a mission in TB.

Faction tags are meant to be tied to abilities more than anything I think, and I'm sure that's why it doesn't exist (there are no rogue one abilities).

For instance, the Galactic Republic tag got added for R2D2's abilities.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Why should they?

Well, partially because the developers did so without actually calling it that, by requiring that specific subset exclusively for a TB mission.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Why should they?

So we know who exactly the devs consider Rogue 1 toons.

Makes sense to me
  • I think Han Solo needs a tag first.
  • Because Rogue One is the name of the movie and for a very short period of time, the shuttle. They never called themselves the Rogue One squad. Phoenix Squad was self-identified, an official call sign. Rogue One are just rebels.
  • CryGonJinn wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Why should they?

Makes sense to me

Eh, I'd say that's self-explanatory. I mostly think they should add it so that we can filter our character inventory to only show those toons, for the sake of farming/gearing etc.
  • It's not needed. Phoenix Squad needs a tag because there is a game effect that specifically looks for Phoenix Squad characters and targets them (Hera's leadership ability).

There's no such thing for Rogue One. Those characters are generic rebels, one is both a rebel and a droid. Yes, there's a single Combat Mission that uses only Rogue One characters, but that mission clearly shows which characters you can use.

Moreover, there are other missions that require Hoth Rebel Scout or Soldier, do you need a special tag for them? There was an event that used only female characters, do we need a special tag for them? A Combat Mission can have theoretically any limitation on who is used, it could be as weird as "Has Orange on their character model," we don't need a tag for that. Many, many, many moons ago "Human" was a tag, but nothing affected it, so they removed it.

Long story short--We don't need it. We only need a tag if there are effects that specifically seek out that tag.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    The only good reason I can see is to sort them out to work on since they are required for a mission in TB.

Faction tags are meant to be tied to abilities more than anything I think, and I'm sure that's why it doesn't exist (there are no rogue one abilities).

Ships *
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Allenb60 wrote: »
    Woodroward wrote: »

Ships *

The tag was there for ships earlier, but it wasn't added to characters until R2 came around. So it's not necessarily a correction.
  • Allenb60 wrote: »

Ships *

Yeah, I guess. There was a tag prior to that called republic that worked for ships. They kind of made a new one and merged it with that one, or renamed it and increased its range to characters as well depending on how you look at it. Either way is fine in my opinion. My point was basically that they didn't make the change until they had a character that could use the tag for an ability too.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Ships *

Yeah, I guess. There was a tag prior to that called republic that worked for ships. They kind of made a new one and merged it with that one, or renamed it and increased its range to characters as well depending on how you look at it. Either way is fine in my opinion. My point was basically that they didn't make the change until they had a character that could use the tag for an ability too.

oh ya, forgot about that. Wasn't trying to invalidate you or anything, I thought you made a good point
  • CryGonJinn wrote: »
    Why should they?

Makes sense to me

Eh, I'd say that's self-explanatory. I mostly think they should add it so that we can filter our character inventory to only show those toons, for the sake of farming/gearing etc.

Yes +1 please.. I am OCD and like to make squads for GW that make sense, and have labels.

Also Ahsoka fulcrum needs the Phoenix tag. It is the only group of Rebels she fits in. It is silly to stick her in a rogue one or new hope team.
  • scuba
    14044 posts Member
    CryGonJinn wrote: »
    Why should they?

Makes sense to me

Yes +1 please.. I am OCD and like to make squads for GW that make sense, and have labels.

Also Ahsoka fulcrum needs the Phoenix tag. It is the only group of Rebels she fits in. It is silly to stick her in a rogue one or new hope team.

They can't do that because than Phoenix squad would actually be good.
  • scuba wrote: »
    CryGonJinn wrote: »
    Why should they?

Makes sense to me

They can't do that because than Phoenix squad would actually be good.

No kidding!

I can imagine combining Chopper. Kanaan, FAT, and Zeb's uniques:

Perseverance

Ahsoka is immune to Damage Over Time effects and gains 30% Critical Avoidance. At the end of each turn, Ahsoka dispels all debuffs on herself and loses 10% Health for each debuff dispelled, then recovers 5% Health for each buff on her. This Health Loss can't defeat Ahsoka.

Clear Mind

Kanan has 70% Counter chance and recovers 25% Health whenever he suffers a debuff.

Maintenance Protocols

At the start of his turn, Chopper recovers 15% of his Max Health. In addition, whenever he is damaged by an attack, he gains Protection Up (15%) if he doesn't have Protection Up.

Shrug Off

Zeb has bonus Max Protection equal to +40% of his Max Health and recovers 15% Protection at the start of his turn. This recovery is doubled if Zeb is debuffed.

They wouldn't just be good, they'd be **** near unkillable.

• Don't ask logical questions here, you won't get logical answers
  • I'll tell you why a Rogue 1 tag is needed:

I'm an officer in my guild and I have a small group of players assigned to me. When I look over their roster for recommendations on what to farm / gear / level etc. SPECIFICALLY FOR TB WHERE A ROGUE 1 TEAM IS NEEDED it's a pain in the neck to play "Spot the R1 squad" on swgoh.gg.
  • Moving to Feedback: Characters
  • pac0naut wrote: »
    I'll tell you why a Rogue 1 tag is needed:

I'm an officer in my guild and I have a small group of players assigned to me. When I look over their roster for recommendations on what to farm / gear / level etc. SPECIFICALLY FOR TB WHERE A ROGUE 1 TEAM IS NEEDED it's a pain in the neck to play "Spot the R1 squad" on swgoh.gg.

There are only 9 of them, so just write down(or memorize nine names) so you have a cheat sheet for swgoh.gg
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »

There are only 9 of them, so just write down(or memorize nine names) so you have a cheat sheet for swgoh.gg

Dude, really? You think having an actual faction tag wouldn't make this easier?
  • pac0naut wrote: »

Then maybe take it up with swgoh.gg?
  • Dude, they pull their information from the game.
  • I have never seen such a backlash to something that would actually help others. SMH.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I have been saying this for ages!

Phoenix get their own tag to differentiate them from the mass of rebels and so should R1.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Boo wrote: »
    I have been saying this for ages!

Phoenix get their own tag to differentiate them from the mass of rebels and so should R1.
    No, they get their own tag so Commander Luke and Wedge and other Rebels don't get Phoenix Uniques when Hera leads and to tell the game not to give Phoenix the Uniques of other Rebels.