CLS Zeta +100% tenacity?

Can anyone explain how it works? If I am correct it is luke tenacity + 100%. In my case it os around 140% so how come he is getting debufed so easily. And no I don't apply CTA...

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Tenacity vs potency works like such:

((tenacity + leveldelta - 15) - potency)+15 = chance to resist a debuff.

The leveldelta is 5% tenacity per level the person attempting to be debuffed is over the person attempting to debuff capping at 30% tenacity. Now usually characters in arena are all max level so this can safely be ignored there. Now in raids, it means those level 90 bosses get an extra 25% tenacity.

So let's say you have 140% tenacity and your opponent has 50% potency.
    ((140-15) - 50)+15 = 90%
    So you have a 90% chance to resist that debuff, but he'll still debuff you 1 out of 10 times.

To be immune to debuffs, you need to have 100 more tenacity than your opponent has potency, and even then some abilities are irresistible so you will be debuffed anyway (Vader's ability block on basic is one).
  • It's also only when he does NOT have the A Call To Action buff active.
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    100% tenacity does not equal immunity to debuffs.
  • Clearly, tenacity at 100% is different to tenacity up. Vader apply a total of 25 debuff with his ability. With tenacity up, never a debuff apply. Compare to the 100% tenacity of CLS, tenacity up is a way more better.

• JDIII wrote: »
    100% should mean 100%! Anything over should not even count since 100% is a whole

Then tarkin's kit wouldn't work :'(
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    JDIII wrote: »
    If u eat 100% of a pizza, when your kids get home, there isn't gonna be any left.

if you have 200% of a pizza, you have 2 pizzas. You could eat 100% of a pizza and still have 100% of a pizza left for your kids when you got home. :wink:
  • ObiWanSteel
    239 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Then tarkin's kit wouldn't work :'( [/quote]

Tell that to the Rancor when my Tarkin (50% potency) takes 6 turns in a row, has potency up from Intimidation Tactics with a bonus of 300% potency from his basic (stacked) and then Ultimate Firepower is resisted :'(
    Oh wait, I forgot the 15% base resist chance!
  • Moving to Feedback: Characters
    There isn't no 200% of a pizza Wood, it don't even make sense. If you have 2 pizza "s", then you can have a total of 200%, but 1 pizza is still 100% and there isn't no changing it higher

If you have one guy working and then hire 5 more, you've increased your production by roughly 500%.

Only when something is examined in a vacuum is 100% the limitation.

To put it plainly, I'll buy a pizza, come and eat 200% of it, lol tell me when u can do that

To respond to that. If it's the only pizza in the world, then it's limited to 100%, but if there are others that exist...
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    100% should mean 100%! Anything over should not even count since 100% is a whole

That is because you assume tenacity is the entire part of the equation. It is not it simply one variable in the equation. The equation has been previously provided for you.
    Chance to resist does not equal tenacity

You can accept it or keep complaining about something that had been explained multiple times over and over by the dev team.

As far as nothing should be over 100% I give you 1. advantage sets crit chance to 200%
    2. Burning sets evasion to -50000%
    3. Daze sets counter rating to - 999900%
    4. Tenacity up sets tenacity to 999900 %
    5. Tenacity down sets tenacity to - 999900 %
    6. Base crit damage is 150%
    7. Most abilities do over 100% if the characters physical/special damage.

The % are all modifers used in equations.

Post edited by scuba on
  • scuba
    14042 posts Member
    And I didn't complain about it, back scroll and look. I don't even think I mentioned tenacity 1 time. Only thing I said is nothing should count over 100%, since there isn't a such thing as over 100% on a single thing

Fair enough. This game uses many things over 100%. If you don't like the idea of things being over 100% think of them as numbers and divide by 100. They are all just modifers in equations.
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Tenacity vs potency works like such:

((tenacity + leveldelta - 15) - potency)+15 = chance to resist a debuff.

The leveldelta is 5% tenacity per level the person attempting to be debuffed is over the person attempting to debuff capping at 30% tenacity. Now usually characters in arena are all max level so this can safely be ignored there. Now in raids, it means those level 90 bosses get an extra 25% tenacity.

So let's say you have 140% tenacity and your opponent has 50% potency.
    ((140-15) - 50)+15 = 90%
    So you have a 90% chance to resist that debuff, but he'll still debuff you 1 out of 10 times.

To be immune to debuffs, you need to have 100 more tenacity than your opponent has potency, and even then some abilities are irresistible so you will be debuffed anyway (Vader's ability block on basic is one).

Only for jedi and cls is only rebel
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Only for jedi and cls is only rebel

EDIT: I get it. Yes that's true. Vader's ability block is only irresistible by Jedi.
  • A lot of the Bethesda games do (or used to) work with a 100% cap. You'd bring up your lockpicking skill in Fallout to 100% and then that was it. It was consistent, but they were boxed games.

With the power creep inherent in games like this, it's easier to just sling around % increases. It's hard to bring in the next best toon and get $ if you're working with a ceiling you can't go over.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    There isn't no 200% of a pizza Wood, it don't even make sense. If you have 2 pizza "s", then you can have a total of 200%, but 1 pizza is still 100% and there isn't no changing it higher

If you have one guy working and then hire 5 more, you've increased your production by roughly 500%.

Only when something is examined in a vacuum is 100% the limitation.

I love vacuum