Nihilus w/ Nihilus lead doesn't regain health after Annihilate

Is this a bug or intentional? I like to run a DN lead in Galactic War and while I've noticed that Palpatine's offense up special doesn't restore health, since Nihilus' lead only allows health steal, I have also noticed that Annihilate doesn't give DN any health. Why isn't there health steal from that attack?

Replies

• He gains an increase in max health.
    Ally ID - 562-215-984
    Discord - Scocho16#2722
    Guild - Galactic Paladins
    Swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/u/scocho16/
  • Scocho16 wrote: »
    He gains an increase in max health.

True but I have never seen a difference in his health bar, and when he strikes after having Annihilated, he heals as normal but Max Health does not seem to have increased at all
  • It's really hard to tell but you'll notice more if you annihilate someone like Baze with lots of health. After annihilating Baze, your DN will be harder to kill and his health bar will decrease ever so slightly less than it would have had you not annihilated anyone.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Crowny
    273 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    But with a (non-zeta'd) DN lead, he is supposed to get 100% health steal, so I figured he should regain health when he annihilates. I guess since he hits the rancor for 99,999 damage, I imagined him replenishing a lot of health if he annihilates a high health+protection character with the health steal from his lead. But it seems like the game just treats it like a zero-damage instant kill. Zero damage = zero health steal.
  • lisztophobia
    808 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Crowny wrote: »
    But with a (non-zeta'd) DN lead, he is supposed to get 100% health steal, so I figured he should regain health when he annihilates. I guess since he hits the rancor for 99,999 damage, I imagined him replenishing a lot of health if he annihilates a high health+protection character with the health steal from his lead. But it seems like the game just treats it like a zero-damage instant kill. Zero damage = zero health steal.
    That seems to be how it works, yeah. The Annihilate isn't damage. It simply deletes the enemy character from the battle, and the damage to a raid boss is an exception to the rule.

Under any other circumstances (not a raid boss), Nihilus' max health, his potential health, increases on Annihilate but his current health percentage remains the same. So he actually does gain health, but the amount gained depends heavily on his current health. If Nihilus is at full health when he Annihilates a tank, he gains a huge amount of health. If he's almost dead when he Annihilates, he gains virtually nothing (besides making it slightly harder to chip away at the little health he has remaining) unless somebody gives him a big heal (Bariss or Chirrut style) soon afterwards.

Just as a hypothetical example with easy, round numbers: If Nihilus has 30,000 max health and he Annihilates a tank that has 30,000 max health, Nihilus will now have 60,000 max health.

Nihilus' current health will depend on the amount of health he had just prior to the Annihilate. If he had 6,000 health (20% of max) before, he is still at 20% and now has 12,000.

If he had 30,000 health (100% of max) before, he is still at 100% and now has 60,000.

The fact that his health bar may not appear different is purely cosmetic. It's an intentional limitation on how many dividers the game can display in the health bar. After DN uses Annihilate, the health bar will diminish by smaller percentages when he gets hit by damage. If he manages to use Annihilate more than once in a single battle, you will really notice that he barely seems to be getting hurt by subsequent damage. As long as that's happening it's functioning correctly, which is all that really matters.
    Post edited by lisztophobia on
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Scocho16 wrote: »
    He gains an increase in max health.

True but I have never seen a difference in his health bar, and when he strikes after having Annihilated, he heals as normal but Max Health does not seem to have increased at all

I believe the number of lines on the health bar maxes out at some point so that it doesn't become just a black bar
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

it looks like you have your answer. he does gain the Max health as intended, but its hard to see with the lines the way they are. this also doesn't really heal because the % stays the same so visually it will look the same.
  • Crowny wrote: »
    This. The same thing happens when Savage Opress uses Overpower on an enemy that has less than 50% health while under a DN lead. In fact, in many cases, I'll avoid using Overpower and use SO's basic instead on weaker opponents simply to get some healing.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • This ability works EXACTLY as it should, in my opinion, in the assault battle-places of power. This assault battle is actually coming up in a couple of days. Try it out. It's incredible....BUT..... I've never understood why annihilate doesnt give that character's max health to Nihilus in other areas of the game such as arena, GW, or raids.
    Play this assault battle and use annihilate. Watch the damage you can absorb . Use it in other areas of the game and you will notice that this max health bonus does not happen.