"Gold" Commander Luke

Today in a already unbalanced war system (Usually full zeta Teams to my 2 Zeta), my target had a Luke Skywalker he had a Gold Crest, something I never seen before. Anyways I digress, the guy had a team with Biggs, Wedge, This Luke, Baze Malbus, and Chirrut. The problem here is that the new Luke is beyond overpowered. He has almost every useful skill in the game, gobs of protection that he can regen, and cleansing. He then calls up his special (The name slips my mind) and proceeds to pretty much 1 hit kill anything you throw at him. This is ridiculous, but with a new gear 12 on top of it; it becomes pathetic in my opinion. You guys seem to have plenty of time to come up with new characters (Seemingly all the time), yet you let any number of bugs go unchecked, or un-fixed, and you have tons of characters that are worthless more or less because they are not getting any attention to making them better. I love this game, but if it doesn't get more of a balance soon, it will not be worth playing.

Replies

• Options
    +1 on that. Officially not spending a dollar until fixed.
  • Options
    Kwikdeath wrote: »
    Today in a already unbalanced war system (Usually full zeta Teams to my 2 Zeta), my target had a Luke Skywalker he had a Gold Crest, something I never seen before. Anyways I digress, the guy had a team with Biggs, Wedge, This Luke, Baze Malbus, and Chirrut. The problem here is that the new Luke is beyond overpowered. He has almost every useful skill in the game, gobs of protection that he can regen, and cleansing. He then calls up his special (The name slips my mind) and proceeds to pretty much 1 hit kill anything you throw at him. This is ridiculous, but with a new gear 12 on top of it; it becomes pathetic in my opinion. You guys seem to have plenty of time to come up with new characters (Seemingly all the time), yet you let any number of bugs go unchecked, or un-fixed, and you have tons of characters that are worthless more or less because they are not getting any attention to making them better. I love this game, but if it doesn't get more of a balance soon, it will not be worth playing.

I destroyed a similar team and I only have 1 zeta ability...
    Luke is a real pain, but I like that, it's something that makes me improve my toons
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Hskull55 wrote: »

Luke is a real pain, but I like that, it's something that makes me improve my toons

I'd like to see a video of you doing it if possible. Not to say I don't believe you, but would like to see how you pulled it off. What characters, mods, etc.
  • Options
    I threw my whole bench at this team. Not to say I have great characters, but I have always had enough power to win Galactic Wars. Since November of last year I have only ever lost 3 of them, and there were certainly some very hard battles. This is just nonsense, a measure to entice more people to dump money into the game.
  • Options
    Resistance.
  • Options

I'd like to see a video of you doing it if possible. Not to say I don't believe you, but would like to see how you pulled it off. What characters, mods, etc.

I have several actually. I'll send you a link to my youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/user/bahlor
  • Options

IDK how I did it, and I can't do it again because I lose to that teams, I suppose I had insane RNG :joy:
  • Options

Biggest thing is to know that all rebels will Counter Attack, so you either have to daze them, be stealthed, or be able to absorb that hit.
  • Options
    Also I used an undergeared GK Zarriss team, which is useful against Luke
  • Options
    Bhaalor wrote: »

Biggest thing is to know that all rebels will Counter Attack, so you either have to daze them, be stealthed, or be able to absorb that hit.

This is why R2 is really important
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I used this team (My arena team)
    JbOaHiP.png
    Top 100-50
  • Options
    I used this team (My arena team)
    JbOaHiP.png
    Top 100-50

yes, zBarris makes GK nearly immortal :) its awesome.
  • Options

Down with your protest. There's always a way to beat a squad. You don't need to have $1000 team either. Bottom line, next month there will be a new meta and "gobs" of new posts from people complaining about somebody being "OP". With all due respect, it gets old, and I have no sympathy. Find the good in the game brother!