TB: Combine 2 phases every 24 hours!

SnakesOnAPlane
4363 posts Member
edited September 2017
Open 2 of the current phases but combine as a single phase every 24 hours, for a total of 3 phases! This gives us the 3 days to finish, within the original vision of the design, but let's us pace out our play still. Don't have time to finish 1 phase in 12 hours? Now you have 24 in a row to finish the current 2 phases! Like it or love it, but a suggestion, and, to me, is a fair compromise, and can still easily allow up to 2 TBs a week.
SnakesOnAPlane

Replies

• You know what would easily allow 2 TBs a week?
    Making a second map - maybe even one where you can use ds toons to battle missions.
    Run them at the same time.
    Allow 24 hours per phase.

Voila!
  • It wouldn't work the current way they implemented pretty much all of it. You would have 4 ground territories open... Deployments, Platoon dependencies and territory progression work wouldn't work.
  • I like the idea of just letting finish them on their own time and you advance as you complete it. Why couldn't a raid-like approach have been used here?
  • I like the idea of just letting finish them on their own time and you advance as you complete it. Why couldn't a raid-like approach have been used here?

Because just like flash events, they want to force us to login on their terms. Otherwise yes, from a gameplay perspective, it would make much more sense to give us X days to complete it and let us progress from one phase to another on our own schedule.

Yep I'm in favor of this as well.

I like the idea of just letting finish them on their own time and you advance as you complete it. Why couldn't a raid-like approach have been used here?

Because just like flash events, they want to force us to login on their terms. Otherwise yes, from a gameplay perspective, it would make much more sense to give us X days to complete it and let us progress from one phase to another on our own schedule.

Absolutely.

• This is actually a good idea.
  • If you 3* all areas of the phase you unlock the next, if not you wait 24h, sounds reasonable.
  • In it current state it wouldn't work. They have to redo the platoon deployment. That's the reason y every phase reset. At the end, so you can reuse those chars.