Squad Arena and Galactic War TOKENS problem

Star_Lord1718
380 posts Member
edited September 2017
I've been playing since April of 2016. My Guildmates and I, along with many others who have played longer than I have, I'm sure, are experiencing an excessive/wasteful amount of these "reward" Tokens which now serve no purpose other than sitting in a growing stockpile, specifically those of Galactic War and Squad Arena since we have all farmed ALL of the available characters and/or ships from those areas.

*Side Note: Squad Arena Store has 18 characters and GW Store has 15.

Like our heaps of Gear and stacks of Training/Enhancement Droids, this is getting frustrating and old quick. The first solution to this: I would strongly advise there be some sort of conversion for the Tokens like there is for excessive Character Shards in the Shard Shop. Could we get a "Token Shop", or better yet, an "Excessive Items Shop" where we can trade in all of our extra:
- Tokens,
- Training Droids,
- Enhancement Droids,
- SIM Tickets,
- GEAR (please),
- Ability Mats (mainly the Green and Blue ones for characters as well as the ship Mats),
- Character Shards (by combining the Shard Shop),
Etc. ...
By trading in all of these excessive items we can put them to good use by receiving Credits for the least. Or even "Excessive Items Shop Tokens" for rare gear, other rare character and ship shards (Veteran Smugglers, Hoth Rebel Soldier, Director Krennic, Baze, The Millenium Falcon, TIE Reaper, Etc.), Tokens for other Tokens Stores, etc.
I'm just sick of doing the free 20 minute Bronzium Pack and getting a worthless piece of Level 1 gear that I will never use due to me having thousands of them. But if I knew I could trade that in for credits, gear, a shop Token then I would be more willing to log in and get my bronziums, finish GW, collect every piece of gear, etc. which results in more character logins daily and more $ for the devs.
The second solution to half of this problem, which won't solve it in the long run, is adding new characters to the GW and SA Stores for us loyal and longtime "endgamers" to farm.

Replies

• Options
    You used to be able to sell excess gear for credits. Prob before you started playing.

Cash in arena tokens for credits and galactic war for shard shop tokens.
  • Options
    You can farm ships in GW
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    typical swgoh mindset, complain about excesses and shortages ^_^ i love it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    For squad arena token i agree but for GW token i still have some ships not to 7* yet
  • Options
    Or simply put, add more characters into the Arena/GW store.

Lobot among many many others springs to mind. Not everything has to go into the crystal shipments, I've given up farming characters here. It is making it worse and worse to farm characters through the crystal shipments simply because they don't show up enough due to the fact they share a node with a gazillion other characters.
  • Options
    You used to be able to sell excess gear for credits. Prob before you started playing.

Cash in arena tokens for credits and galactic war for shard shop tokens.

The only thing I would add is set a bank amount for tokens, for when they do add another char in either store, then yes simply get credits from arena shop, and convert ship prints, not char shards, tiny bit better ROI , into shard shop tokens, which you can use for what ever flavour of the month/week char that goes in there, or buy full gear . It's probably the nicest feeling to have a store maxed, and be able to bank tokens so that you can farm something rapidly when you have a chance.
  • Options
    You can barter your Arena tokens for Credits.... and your GW tokens for Shard Shop currency which in turn gets you gear such as Mk 6 Nubian Design Tech. Which i still need tons of both Credits and the gear despite playing since Dec 2015
    I fight the good fight
  • Options
    I started playing this game almost the day it came out and i still haven't farmed every single character in GW and arena yet, granted I am FTP mostly, so I am sure that some people have farmed everything from them but then you can still get credits from the arena and get gear from the shard shop. So there are options for you to use those tokens still
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    Options
    I think there are some very valid points, one being you can convert to credits (which still may not help some few) and convert to shard shop which is expensive so you always could use more and take advantage of those 2 week pop-ins.

Though I think ultimately the OP has a point in that the shops are getting a bit stale, it would be nice to see some more rotation, maybe one row changes monthly or something.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

I do have an excess of shortages. I will admit this.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.

As each new toon runs through the shard shop, all excess shop tokens have been a great resource for me.

With TB, I have been using up a lot of low lvl gear and ability materials, but I have too agree as I am running out of places to put them and still have 1000s it would be nice to have a conversion to something more useful.
  • Options
    Put all your complaints and frustrations aside for a moment, pretend you were running the CG business strategy department. Magically everything you have problems with playing this game suddenly make a lot of business sense! $$ may not solve all your problems in life and in leisure but it sure makes a lot of them go away.
  • Options
    Just add three slots of rotating toons to both shops
  • Options

Okay, I'm going to bring you a box of 400 lego pieces to your house every day for the rest of eternity. You can't sell those lego pieces and you have to leave them where they are. No moving them around or building things with them for your convenience. But only once per week can you remove only 5 pieces of those lego pieces (like getting a new character). Then we'll see how they add up and become annoying.

Now let's apply that hypothetical example to my non-existent "personage/avatar/character" living in the SWGOH universe. Why would anyone need or want 2,000+ of any sort of gear? It's just adding up into heaps in my non-existent house out there where all my character wants to do is play at the holotable with his buddies every Tuesday night. But he is poor and isn't able to compete with the meta. On top of that his non-existent space wife (a super hot Twi'lek) keeps nagging him about the house being covered in mk l and mk ll gear pieces! And he just gets so frustrated that he can't ever sell his various gear pieces for credits that he sleeps on every night when he goes to bed. Have you ever slept on a bed with your wife covered in legos? It wouldn't make creating a family a very fun thing to do. My character is going insane in that galaxy far, far away! He prays every night to the force that the CG/EA Gods would answer his prayers and open up a merchant shop down the street on Naboo so that he sell his gear for credits and take his wife up to level 85.
  • Options

Okay, I'm going to bring you a box of 400 lego pieces to your house every day for the rest of eternity. You can't sell those lego pieces and you have to leave them where they are. No moving them around or building things with them for your convenience. But only once per week can you remove only 5 pieces of those lego pieces (like getting a new character). Then we'll see how they add up and become annoying.

Now let's apply that hypothetical example to my non-existent "personage/avatar/character" living in the SWGOH universe. Why would anyone need or want 2,000+ of any sort of gear? It's just adding up into heaps in my non-existent house out there where all my character wants to do is play at the holotable with his buddies every Tuesday night. But he is poor and isn't able to compete with the meta. On top of that his non-existent space wife (a super hot Twi'lek) keeps nagging him about the house being covered in mk l and mk ll gear pieces! And he just gets so frustrated that he can't ever sell his various gear pieces for credits that he sleeps on every night when he goes to bed. Have you ever slept on a bed with your wife covered in legos? It wouldn't make creating a family a very fun thing to do. My character is going insane in that galaxy far, far away! He prays every night to the force that the CG/EA Gods would answer his prayers and open up a merchant shop down the street on Naboo so that he sell his gear for credits and take his wife up to level 85.

LOL, love it ;)
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Quick inquery, are you the non-existent super hot twi'lek space wife who keeps nagging your character in this story?
    I agree that having an excess of something can have a negative effect, however there is no negative effect from having excesses of certain items ingame. It's as simple as that.
    Obviously if all those items were exchangible for (at the moment) more usefull items it would speed up progression, but i grew to love the excesses. You never know if/when an excess turns into a shortage (yes, i'm looking at you mk3 carbanti's).
    Having "too" much of a certain item isn't a problem, it's 1 less thing to worry about. That, and it prevents people from using/wasting items that are potentially very usefull later on. I wish more people would appreciate a wonderfull excess instead of complaining about having too much of something.
    Save water, drink champagne!