The gear crunch is worst than ever

New pieces of gear were introduced, while a vast majority of players still have problems farming stun guns, cuffs, carbantis and even the mk3 holo projectors. We have been having this problem with carbantis like one year and a half, and still no solution about it. Yeah, the new distribution on shipments helps a lot, but lot of new characters are being introduced and we need lot of pieces just to get older characters in shape, plus the new ones.
Usually in game design, when you introduce another hard to get item, you make older items more accessible.
That logic wasn't in motion here. If you put new gear, make previous gear easier to get!!

And to add salt to the wound, new gear like the MK8 loronar lower cell, requires ALSO 50 carbantis.

I understand that you need to slow down players for the length of the game, but this is getting ridiculous.
¿You need Phoenix to at least g9 for TB? Good luck with the 500+ carbantis you'll new for that, without mentioning all the other stuff they need.

Carbantis are the biggest of issues here, you need 50 of them as a standalone full piece, 50 as a part of thermal detonators, 50 as a part of a stun gun, and now also 50 as a part of the yellow power cell.

PLEASE remove all those useless gear we have lot of in guild shop, and add carbantis, guns, cuffs and holo projectors.
(The irony is that holo projectors are there when the player is low level).

Replies

• Laserbrain
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    DieInFire wrote: »
    Usually in game design, when you introduce another hard to get item, you make older items more accessible.

I assume they already have something in the making here (like upgraded challenges) that will give us some relief as it also makes it that much harder for new players to catch up and probably frighten them away.
  • crunch is fine.. the droprate is absolutely horrendous
  • Laserbrain wrote: »
    DieInFire wrote: »

I assume they already have something in the making here (like upgraded challenges) that will give us some relief as it also makes it that much harder for new players to catch up and probably frighten them away.

New players get put in baby shards so they are all on an even starting ground. They aren't scared and not competing against veterans of the game.
  • It seems like their 'solution' is to put the gear-crunch stuff into the TB store for a decent price. It doesn't really work though, because the amount of TB currency you get each week can barely get more gear than you could buy from the Fleet store if you've got anything near a decent rank in Fleet arena.
  • It seems like their 'solution' is to put the gear-crunch stuff into the TB store for a decent price. It doesn't really work though, because the amount of TB currency you get each week can barely get more gear than you could buy from the Fleet store if you've got anything near a decent rank in Fleet arena.

Not only that, you'll need to buy the g12 pieces from there or you'll be crushed in arena, without mentioning that you'll need hermit yoda at some point too

• RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Sometimes we must accept the fate that if we don't invest $$$ into the game.. well yeah takes forever to gear up :#:disappointed:
  • When they add new gear and specifically include the gear all of us are complaining about (not to mention how much of it new characters need) it makes it pretty clear that the gear crunch is absolutely intended and they are focused on keeping it there, not relieving it. So don't expect any relief soon.
  • The gear crunch is probably one of the most analyzed metric for them. Anything there good or bad is intentional and they won't factor in people's opinions in their decision making on it. Read the announcements about the changes to tournaments and AAT. All data driven, even though the boards were lit up for months about both.

At most what you'll get is a smoke and mirrors solution, like increasing variance but maintaining the mean. Due to people's feedback, Stun Cuffs can now have "up to", wink wink, 10 drops per sim!

I agree with your sentiment though, the older stuff needs to be made more accessible. Who cares about G12 when the main need still is stuff that's been out for 2 years. G12 isn't needed for arena so far, gear doesn't compensate for the AI playing the complex teams poorly.

• Actually I am very happy with G12 and the TB. My guild was only able to get 30 stars; but I managed to buy already 3x the 12 pieces to get CLS to G12; as well as other pieces I needed for other characters. That shop is simply amazing; and well priced.

People were complaining about the flimsy rewards you got; but the real benefit is the ability to buy what you need. If you are just going for Hermit Yoda, its going to suck; buying the gear is the way to go!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Byakuya wrote: »
    crunch is fine.. the droprate is absolutely horrendous

3167760-jack_sparrow_wut_by_zackfair1219-d4117e5.jpg
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Moved to Gear Feedback.
  • Lebronaims
    287 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    How about instead of moving threads, we start fixing droprates or at the very least engaging the community on this issue instead of ignoring it? Please 8)
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    You don't understand what a forum moderator can and can't do, I guess.

Also, if the gear crunch is worst than ever, at least it can't get any worster!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

dont give them any ideas... Maybe a dev will come with a gif saying "challenge accepted"...

• 07f.jpg
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Worse than ever is not the same as as bad as possible. It can always get worse.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Worse than ever is not the same as as bad as possible. It can always get worse.

Yes, but the thread title says "worst."

Anyway I was just poking some fun.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You complain about the Mk III Carbis, but they are given in the STR challenge. At least they are a given each week.
    I remember when Jawas were the rage and they needed the Mk V Loronar power cell.
    It took ages to get them from TAC challenges, but now i have hundreds and noone to use them on anymore.

I save my shards and buy a Mk3 Stun Cuffs once a week.
    The game is working perfectly.
    It IS a grinding game if you want f2p

Otherwise, pay money