Don't be that person

RogueGalain
84 posts Member
edited September 2017
We recently lost a long term member of our guild because another guild poached him. (Sorry apparently using the guild name is against the rules). This was a guy who over a year+ the officers of our guild supported to become bigger and better. Someone who couldn't have received GK shards without us. He finally got his GK, TB game mode comes out and he maybe won't get as many fake graphics on a screen so he leaves. Not even a word to me. (He did tell others)

Friendly advice to everyone. Don't be that guy. It will kill the game for you. The new TB game mode is nothing but a guild killer. Which I can't even be mad at.

So to those of you looking to ditch people who have been buddies with you for a long time. Who took your tiny roster and helped you build it... Over just a few more shards of a fake toon of a fake movie. A toon who will probably be worthless in 2 months after you max them when Han #12 comes out.... you're doing it wrong. It will kill the last good thing in this app game. The people you've grown the fake toon roster with.

Just don't be that guy! Loyalty is worth much more and a lot more fun than fake pictures on a screen.
Post edited by RogueGalain on

Replies

• Sorry... I can tell you're mad about it. As a guild leader of an xBone game, my only rule is have fun. All the others in the alliance we have get all **** and demand if someone leaves, they are not allowed to join another guild in the alliance and to that I say: who cares, it is just a game.

If someone leaves to go to another guild, who cares. Loyalty in a mobile game? Who cares.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    seems to me it's just an assumption that it will kill the game for you when you join a different guild for better rewards. Maybe the person in question will have more fun than he ever had during the time he was a member of your guild, or maybe he'll quit within a month. Who knows.
    There's only one person who can decide whether he should stay loyal to his online friends or he should join another guild for better rewards and that's the player himself.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yeap maybe! That's why it's just advice.
  • I see this on both sides. I get what you are saying and Loyalty is important (I've been with the same bunch of guys for a very long time). However; this is a game, if you want to advance there are times you need to move on. Yes you helped him out with his roster, but he also contributed with 600 energy and participation in raids; its not all one sided.

Loyalty is all well and good; but guild members are fairly easily replaced; if the guild is not moving at the pace or getting the rewards you think they should be getting there are options. There is no real reason to stay where you are not getting what you want to advance.

This is a game, a fun game; but a game. We have built communities and we have long standing friends, and there is no reason you can't remain friends. He most likely didn't talk to you about it as he wanted to avoid confrontation and knew you'd take it badly. He saw an opportunity to move up and took it; to get better rewards. The name of the game is advancement.

Not asking you to change your opinion; just see it from both sides; people get attached to friends, but in the end its a game about advancement. You run your guild a certain way; with a certain set of rules, it may not fit with everyones priorities, it may work for a while but eventually people are going to want different things. Try not to take someone leaving for advancement personally; I know you feel invested in the individual; but I dont believe its worth getting upset about.

Just my two cents.
  • Speedo I'm just trying to offer a different side to people on the fence.
  • Bhaalor I don't disagree. I just hope to help some people stay loyal. Appreciate the advice. Clearly this person went to the guild that deserves him.
  • Bhaalor I don't disagree. I just hope to help some people stay loyal. Appreciate the advice. Clearly this person went to the guild that deserves him.

People play this game for different reasons. Some play it for just collecting, I know a buddy who just autos arena and ships just enough to get rewards; never worry about rank, never worry about 600, and just play whenever.

There are others who enjoy the community aspect; get attached to friends, and have a great time. There are still others who get addicted and want to advance as much as possible, see an opportunity to join a "top guild" and get the bug. Wow, I wonder what its like?

I am very loyal to my friends; I've been approached by very good guilds, I stay where I am; because we are advancing (30 out of 45 shards is not bad!) we are crushing HAAT, etc. If we were not, even though I really enjoy the guild Im in; I'd consider my options.
  • I understand... you offer a legitimate opinion shared by many, I'm sure. You posted it so I offered my opinion as well. I'm not sure what you do for a living, so it is like if someone offers you a great opportunity to a school or a job that seems to really be an upgrade, you might want to take it to advance you dreams or goals, but at the cost of perceived loyalty. I say who cares... Go have fun and go after your goals.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Short and simple: If you are not using Discord, start. Set up a channel for "friends" only so that way when the move on you all keep in touch. Agree that it stinks when people leave without notice but it's part of the game.

• RogueGalain
    84 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @Speedokillz a job or college obviously is much different than fake pictures on a screen but I just hope before people ditch their guild they think about what they are really getting in return compared to what they have. TB is causing people to think very hard about what to do about their guilds. Either running them or being in them.

I wish to remind people that a few extra shards (that's all it really is in this case) should think about what they are giving up before they do it for pictures on a screen. At the very least tell the people you're ditching first. Have some self respect after expecting advice and support for over a year to at least say thank you. He didn't leave a tiny guild. We are around 80 million GP.

Meh, whatever. Loyalty is a dying quality in people. I just need to get over it.
  • @RogueGalain if you want to answer someone, tag him, so that person can see you answered him (He will get a notification)
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • @Hskull55 ok will do
  • @bradfern12 that's the thing. We are a well set up alliance and guild. Full discord setup. Multiple guilds. Guilds for every type of player. He gained maybe 4 million GP. Left for a name.