Galactic Wars -- Attention Needed -- Revisement

Herminio
12 posts Member
edited September 2017
This is a great game or was a great game?

I've been playing this game every day, non-stop, for the last two years. I have a great library of characters and ships. BUT, I can't pass Galactic Wars, haven't been able to do so for the last few months. In total, I've passed it 118 times only. This is alarming, frustrating and unfair.

Needless to say, 400 extra GW credits everyday for passing GW's would make a world of difference.

As it stands, only individuals with Whale teams are getting anywhere. They are prohibiting everyone from advancing their characters even at a slow pace. And once they reach their god like status, they just log into the game collect their loot and log out.

THE MAIN POINT: GW's need revisement, there must be some form of control over which opponents one faces. Example, first day of TB's (a few hours after going online), the last 2 nodes of GW were full of Gear 12 Maxed toons. We're talking all the greatest and cheapest toons, all gear and zeta's filled, nothing left to upgrade in them. I have a massive army, sometimes I can't get a hit in, and when I do, I get 4-8 hits with my top murderous squad. Needless to say, it's a waste of time repeating the same fight with my second best squad. No hits and straigh devastation would follow.

Please, have a look at this issue.

Post edited by Herminio on

Replies

• IMO 2 out of 5 GWs should be easy enough to pass with one or two squads. The other three should be quite challenging and strain your roster to pass. This should however be only on the 12th node and node 11 ought to be much easier than it is.
  • Have you tried the 'search' function on this forum? Or ever been to the "GW is too hard"-megathread? Lots of tips how to complete GW everyday, all day, everyday.
    In short: pre-load your strongest teams on the weak nodes. Learn to prepare those teams for node 9, 11 and 12. Focus on a Resistance, Zader, Zmaul and/or CLS lead team.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Complaining that only whales can get anywhere just makes you look silly. Plenty of F2P players can complete GW every day and place at the top of arena.
  • Sounds like there's a problem with your strategy.
  • The problem isn't strategy, the problem is the horrible mathematical modeling the game uses.
  • Its messed up and they've admitted it... Stop telling ppl they're doing something wrong.
  • There's nothing wrong with having to adjust your strategy and use different teams. It's when you are level 70's, impossible to have zeta abilities going against full zeta teams.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Its messed up and they've admitted it...

Link please?
  • Herminio
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you everyone for your remarks, the good and the bad. I'm fairly new to forums but a long time player. I will take what you've all said and look into it. Zolaz was on the money. I had to get some of my words and frustrations out there to see who else is affected.

Furthermore, I appreciate the helpfulness of some in providing me with positive, useful information that can help me in my struggle.

All the best to you, Galactic Heroes.
  • I agree that the strategy is helpful to a point...but I too am almost always getting put against teams that wipe my strongest teams before I even get a turn. Strategy is not going to suddenly make it possible to win.
  • I strongly believe that our opponents in GA should be around our Max power range (top squad max power). A mixture of tougher and weaker opponents would be ideal. As one progresses, the fights get more challenging. I expect a challenge, no doubt, what I don't expect is to go against a team that's impossible to beat with my current characters. I'm strong, but what I get is disproportionate opponents. I believe we feel the same Dukasor.
  • The game is unbalanced. So GW reflects the imbalance in the game. Only a few teams can beat the CLS(L) you will see in node 9,11,12, it does not matter how diverse your roster is. Because of the imbalance, devs need to revise the multiplier they apply at the last nodes or revise the power rating used to assign teams. I can beat all my GW because i have Rex(L),GW,Thrawn,DN,R2 or GK(L),Zbarris, not because i am a good strategist.
  • Herminio
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you Tarugo91. My Guild is not strong enough to farm GK yet, soon. I'm waiting for the Thrawn Event to come around again, I'm ready for it this time. No CLS, not even a shard. What I need is a GK ally, so I can finish my light side battles. I have a good Chirrut, now I just need the ability to farm Malbus and Shore Trooper. Ultimately that's my weakness, lack of these Key characters, which I'm thrown against as opponents.
  • If you dont have resistance I suggest do the first 5 nodes using different teams in each building up TM so they will always go before anyone on hard nodes later on.
  • Thanks Vankings22,

My top characters: Zaul (19101), Zader (18903), Zidious (18309), Qui-Gon Zinn (18045), Zylo Ren (16906), Palpatine (16675), Ackbar (16101), Luinara (16101), Yoda (15925), CT-5555 (15903), Lando (15891), Boba Fett (15781),Captain Phasma (15705), Geinosian Soldier (15526), Royal Guard 15526), Stormtrooper Han (15318), Leila (15174), Jedi Consular (15130), Plo Kloon (15198), Rey (15108), Grand Moff Tarkin (15085), Biggs (14853),Talia (14931), Ahsoka Tano (14820), Savage Opress (14820), Poe Dameron (14500), General Grievious (14241),Chirrut (13998), 5* Nihilus (13576), Ima-gun Di (13497), Barriss Offee (13479), Wedge Antilles (13423), Garazeb Orrelios (13269)...

That's what I have to work with. The problem is, I'm constantly placed against opponents that far exceed that in Galact Wars. The mathematical opponent formula should reflect fairness, currently it does not. It's missing many variables.
  • GW has nothing to do with Galactic Power, why did you even bother listing out all your GP? It's still based on the old power rating. (Which you can find on your swgoh.gg profile listed as Stat Power in each individual character page)
  • @herminio you can add me as an ally for GK. 662-295-422
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    GW has nothing to do with Galactic Power, why did you even bother listing out all your GP? It's still based on the old power rating. (Which you can find on your swgoh.gg profile listed as Stat Power in each individual character page)

He's being thorough...let the guy do what he needs to do.
  • I'm no whale but I can complete it, ok not every time since g12 came along but 2 out of the last 4 attempts. As a FTP i am just focusing on getting the teams together to beat it again. Prior to g12 I completed it every day.
  • Got a g12 on node 6 today. Ok, it was Tarkin so no biggie, but they're starting to creep up there.
  • Herminio
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2017

• Herminio
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank you Tarugo91 and Ravens 1113 for the support, it's such a breath of fresh air to find nice people on this forum.

Huatimus, I included GP on the character list that I provided so you can see the power differences between them. It's hard to do math with alphabetical letters unless they have a numerical value attached. By having those numbers in hand, one could better recommend an alternative strategy other than my current.

My main GW Squad; (L) Zaul, Zader, Zidious, Palpatine, Royal Guard. I can steam roll through GW until I reach the last 2-3 nodes. That's when I encounter some serious unbeatable squads. Some times, an unbeatable team pops up close to the start of GW. Nothing I throw at these teams phases them, only alternative is to Reset. I say put the crazies together and let them go at it until I ascend to their level.

I do employ strategy of course. If my opponent likes to Taunt and or buff his team mates, I'll substitute Nihilus for Royal Guard or use a Qui-Gon Zinn lead Jedi team to soften them up. My Rebel team is also used for softening opponents.

Guys and Gals, keep in mind I'm new to forums and I'm still learning the game. I'm here to find help and to one day be in a position where I can help. By posting negative, arrogant and condescending remarks you just make yourself known as a bully and an individual of low moral code.

Question: What defines who your ally character becomes? Is it based on the strongest character you have?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Herminio wrote: »
    Huatimus, I included GP on the character list that I provided so you can see the power differences between them. It's hard to do math with alphabetical letters unless they have a numerical value attached. By having those numbers in hand, one could better recommend an alternative strategy other than my current.

His point is that the GP you quoted has nothing to do with galactic war. GW matchmaking is based on the old power rating system, which is no longer shown in game. Comparing the current power shown of your team to the team on your node gives no useful information.
    Herminio wrote: »

Question: What defines who your ally character becomes? Is it based on the strongest character you have?

It's the last character you use as leader in that particular area of the game. The last leader you used on a light side node will be the ally that shows up for somebody trying to use you on a light side node.
  • As already stated mate, GP means nothing at all. Use swgoh.gg profile to figure out your team's real power in GW. This is going to be how to alter some of the teams you run against.
  • Understood, thank you :)
  • Herminio
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Amen brother. Thank you for sharing. I've had so many people be rude to me on this Forum regarding this matter it's unbelievable.

Change your strategy they say. I have, results are slightly better meaning that I get a few extra hits before being murdered.

"Your complaining makes you look silly..," they said.

I wonder if they are even playing the same game sometimes.

Does anyone know how your foes get assigned to you?

• There are a lot of people upset with GW and it is being met with a bunch of silence.
  • PoederAmon wrote: »
    Have you tried the 'search' function on this forum? Or ever been to the "GW is too hard"-megathread? Lots of tips how to complete GW everyday, all day, everyday.
    In short: pre-load your strongest teams on the weak nodes. Learn to prepare those teams for node 9, 11 and 12. Focus on a Resistance, Zader, Zmaul and/or CLS lead team.

And this galactically silly advice pervades the space. Lots of tips from players not at my level, facing teams that fully loaded gear 12 characters not only do no damage, but actually gain health and protection when hit. Love to hear your Peter Pan advice on this.
  • :D Well said Mardowan, thank you.
  • So, they finally fixed GW, to all those who left negative, unhelpful and wrong info, up yours! To those who were in the same galactic canoe as me, victory is ours. Tarugo, thanks for being my ally. I now declare this issue resolved.