How to Survive a Territory Battle Error/Disconnect

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I wanted to share how to make it through a "disconnect" during TB Combat:

When you see the error/disconnect screen:

Keep hitting OK/RECONNECT, and waiting for 1-3 minutes.

The battle is not over in combat missions until you actually quit the app!!

There is a 1-3 minute grace period to reconnect, just keep trying to do so. Your battles will count – just keep waiting and hitting the OK/re-connect button – it will take several minutes, but your battle will connect and go through 90% of the time!!

Don't quit the app- don't throw your phone. It'll count, just give it time to reconnect. You have a few minutes of grace period for the battle to still count if you just wait!

Hope this helps!

Replies

• That's a great tip. Hopefully, I won't have issues next time, but if I do I know what to do now...
  • ljzq8k6lwcoj.gif
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Good info!
    Thanks Stormy!
  • Always worth trying but, not 100% guaranteed.
  • 100% Guaranteed to be better than giving up and quitting the app...
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Any way to survive the game just crashing? :'(
  • Liath wrote: »

Praying? :flushed:
  • Another tip. If you run out of energy, a box will pop up asking if you would like to spend crystals to buy more. IF this ever happens, and you would like more energy, click ok.
    Intergalactic space slugs are recruiting. Pm me if interested in entering the slug life. ~°° ♡
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Another tip. If you run out of energy, a box will pop up asking if you would like to spend crystals to buy more. IF this ever happens, and you would like more energy, click ok.

2035869dff8a41f057530e733f1fe17f--the-button-ren.jpg
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

:lol:
  • Liath wrote: »

Sacrifice two goats, a dove and a bull to RNGesus.

May RNGesus be with you.

And also with you.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Bobby777 wrote: »
    RacerDejak wrote: »

Come on bobby.. what else we can do? Game crash in new high end phone in 2017 is not normal. Error/Disconnect issues is not normal while with my network can download 2 gb in less than 3 min. There must be something very wrong here :unamused:

Maybe i just need to sacrafice more goats :#
  • pac0naut wrote: »

Sacrifice two goats, a dove and a bull to RNGesus.

May RNGesus be with you.

And also with you.

And with your spirit.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • For me I never got an error button or anything, some snowtrooper was gonna attack my team and as he lifted his hand, the app force closed itself, not even letting me do anything... not just the reconnect button
  • TofuMao wrote: »
    For me I never got an error button or anything, some snowtrooper was gonna attack my team and as he lifted his hand, the app force closed itself, not even letting me do anything... not just the reconnect button

That's unfortunate - id try closing all apps, even SWGOH before doing TB- and opening fresh before doing your TB, to ensure your phone isn't clogged up with any other tasks - could possibly reduce crashing problem
  • Nice stormy....thanks for the info :) as always your help is much appreciated.
  • Stormy wrote: »
    TofuMao wrote: »
    For me I never got an error button or anything, some snowtrooper was gonna attack my team and as he lifted his hand, the app force closed itself, not even letting me do anything... not just the reconnect button

That's unfortunate - id try closing all apps, even SWGOH before doing TB- and opening fresh before doing your TB, to ensure your phone isn't clogged up with any other tasks - could possibly reduce crashing problem

Did that, it was the first thing I did close the app before entering, just unlucky, hope it doesn't become a common problem because it happened to several member of our guild, wouldn't like to lose stars due to app crashes
  • Another tip. Crashes and disconnections are more frequent just after the phase refresh (let's say one hour); just don't do combat missions in that period of time and you'll be 90% safe. If you are in that 10%, do as stormy says.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Bobby777 wrote: »

Come on bobby.. what else we can do? Game crash in new high end phone in 2017 is not normal. Error/Disconnect issues is not normal while with my network can download 2 gb in less than 3 min. There must be something very wrong here :unamused:

Yeah I agree for a game of this magnitude I expect more but then again I remember the logo I see every time I start up the game and I remember to keep my expectations low :lol:
  • Turukano
    170 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    My issues was it just froze. And didn't allow any inputs. I could click on stuff but nothing happened.

Thankfully didn't cost us anything but at one point I thought it was costing us a star
  • Bobby777 wrote: »
    Bobby777 wrote: »

Yeah I agree for a game of this magnitude I expect more but then again I remember the logo I see every time I start up the game and I remember to keep my expectations low :lol:

U don't buy a porsche just to run it 10km/h in empty freeway, right? :#
  • zextasy
    12 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    My game crashed during 3 combat missions in p6, was only able to do ships. I tried all these tricks between crashes. Quit all apps, even rebooted the iPad, no luck. I really hope they do something by the next TB...
  • I didn't suffer disconnects but I did get 4 hard crashes last time out which really messed with my combat missions, did them usually 4 hours into the TB but made little difference. I'll try some of the tips that have been mentioned here like quitting all other apps etc, thanks for the advice
  • Moving to the new TB sub topic
  • I don't know if turning on or off auto matters. I didn't auto an any battles LAST TB and did not have an issue. This time I TOGGLED between to on and off. MY game closed out in phase 5/6. The TB points posted as if I died in phase5. They need to fix this crap.