G12 and FTP expectations

Napoli
544 posts Member
edited September 2017
(*Note: This may work better in General Discussion if someone who is able wants to move it)

G12 will be a game-changer in a lot of ways. For some FTP like myself, that may mean a serious tank in the rankings. Whether you are FTP or P2P or (somehow) in between, what kind of revision should FTP players currently in Arena Top 20 make in their expectations?

G12 and FTP expectations 41 votes

Get ready to drop to Top 50. No way you are keeping up.
2%
DRV 1 vote
Top 50? Ha. Be prepared for Top 100
4%
AzuraDarkstarSunrise 2 votes
Time to reconsider your FTP status
2%
Ardek 1 vote
With the right mods and strategy you might be able to stick around
34%
Darken26Wiggius_TownsoCeberusM4sterMGrokusamaDelmonYoungIndominable_JShermacideMPacSethRoganHuatimusMojo_1Ender22ExarTheKun 14 votes
The issue is not G12 - it's whether you have CLS
14%
Zombie961Freedud1gordonjonesTothebarXezeehS_ 6 votes
Make peace with the fact you will never keep up with P2P
29%
Stevesaint749r33d0SITHPLAGUENapoliShadowGuardSamDSCRedFlagBoxandthefuzzForeverDamba_Baspicynachosupreme1Shadeslayer7FierceRevan 12 votes
Other
12%
Dark_Helmet152TooLLoose_LeeSilverjakkusho1 5 votes
Post edited by Napoli on

Replies

• Options
    Other
    Its all farmable... even to mediocre guilds and f2p... sure its gonna take longer. But you can get any character to g12 and get g12 TB exclusive gear on them faster than you can get GK starting from right now.
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Its all farmable... even to mediocre guilds and f2p... sure its gonna take longer. But you can get any character to g12 and get g12 TB exclusive gear on them faster than you can get GK starting from right now.

I don't know if I'll ever farm that gear through regular energy. It's a bit sickening to drop 150 crystals with 0 and 1 pieces as your consistent rewards.

That being said, TB has been nice as it's basically a guaranteed two fully crafted stun guns or last 11-to-12 piece per battle with the coins you get. I'm about 1-2 weeks out from my first (Han Solo will get it). Which doesn't seem bad until I find 2-5 G12 teams littering my Top 20. Still, they aren't too difficult but I expect once the G12-exclusive pieces start landing it may be a different story.
  • Options
    Haven't spent to get G12, but I'm working on my second. Still taking 1st against full G12 squads.
  • Options
    I'm ok with dropping back in area, I would only pay for more content but we don't really get that. Just more toons.

I know TB is new content, but it's just the same battles packaged differently essentially.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Haven't spent to get G12, but I'm working on my second. Still taking 1st against full G12 squads.

Did you have some gear saved up? I've been working non-stop since TB but am still 1-2 weeks out.

Kudos on your G12s though! Who did you do, who's next, and what do you think so far?

I'm gathering the G12 initial jump is moderate in benefits but that the G12-specific gear is really impressive.
  • Options
    Napoli wrote: »

Did you have some gear saved up? I've been working non-stop since TB but am still 1-2 weeks out.

Kudos on your G12s though! Who did you do, who's next, and what do you think so far?

I'm gathering the G12 initial jump is moderate in benefits but that the G12-specific gear is really impressive.

Didn't have anything saved. Went from no slots filled R2 G11 to G12. I also geared Raid Han from no slots filled G10 to G11 after R2. Working on CLS now.

R2 is pretty tanky right now. His speed jumped another six on the way to G12, so that was nice. Definitely a sound investment. I haven't put any G12 gear on him. I think I'll put some on my attackers first. I think they get the most out of it. Toons like Leia, Han and CLS .
  • Options
    Farmed my first through energy refreshes. Used crystals for the second. I've been able to maintain top 5 finishes for a long time, through better-than-average (for my shard) mods, good resource management, and good teams.

I also have generally been finishing all post-11 gear on my arena team, other than things requiring carbantis. But I've also kept a gear and crystal stash which allows me to keep up when necessary.
  • Options
    The issue is not G12 - it's whether you have CLS
    Only thing that matters is having CL, Ken, and R2. Gear is just icing on the cake
  • Options

Didn't have anything saved. Went from no slots filled R2 G11 to G12. I also geared Raid Han from no slots filled G10 to G11 after R2. Working on CLS now.

R2 is pretty tanky right now. His speed jumped another six on the way to G12, so that was nice. Definitely a sound investment. I haven't put any G12 gear on him. I think I'll put some on my attackers first. I think they get the most out of it. Toons like Leia, Han and CLS .

How on earth did you manage that in such a short period of time? The RNG gods are definitely throwing some good luck your way. Kudos!
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Only thing that matters is having CL, Ken, and R2. Gear is just icing on the cake

Touche.

(Until a couple weeks from now when the G12-specific gear makes it nearly impossible to compete)
  • Options

How on earth did you manage that in such a short period of time? The RNG gods are definitely throwing some good luck your way. Kudos!

I spent all of my arena crystals on gear from shipments. I haven't refreshed cantina in two weeks :cry:

On the plus side though, these 20 salvage shipments are life savers. I hardly ever bought gear with crystals before they started selling salvage. It slows down my mod and character farming considerably though.
  • Options

I spent all of my arena crystals on gear from shipments. I haven't refreshed cantina in two weeks :cry:

On the plus side though, these 20 salvage shipments are life savers. I hardly ever bought gear with crystals before they started selling salvage. It slows down my mod and character farming considerably though.

That's such a gamble to use the crystals on that gear. I rarely do it because I can't handle getting 0 and 1 shards for 150 crystals.

The half gear in shipments is really great. That's what I'm doing and why my 1-2 week estimate depends on arena ranks.I'll get the last 32 pieces of my stun gun in TB and Fleet store, the MK8 in two pieces from shipments with crystals, and that new piece in shipments from crystals.

Congrats again on getting so much so fast. You've halfway tempted me to try it.

How many daily crystals do you get from arena by the way?
  • Options

That's such a gamble to use the crystals on that gear. I rarely do it because I can't handle getting 0 and 1 shards for 150 crystals.

The half gear in shipments is really great. That's what I'm doing and why my 1-2 week estimate depends on arena ranks.I'll get the last 32 pieces of my stun gun in TB and Fleet store, the MK8 in two pieces from shipments with crystals, and that new piece in shipments from crystals.

Congrats again on getting so much so fast. You've halfway tempted me to try it.

How many daily crystals do you get from arena by the way?

I get 500 a day from arena. Like 75 from dailies and GW. So roughly 20 salvage a day from shipments if I really stretch. Then about 10 salvage per day from fleet shop, shard shop, donations and raid shop combined. Plus whatever I scrounge from nodes.
  • Options
    @ExarTheKun - That's a nice way of saying you place first in arena. ;)

I've actually landed my first two #1s at payout this week (Dec. 2015 shard) - but I have to spend 50-150 crystals to stay there. I could probably stay Top 10 and only spend 50. Either way I'm maxing out at 250-300/day which is so much more than I could even dream of once but not even to stay current now.

That's great that you're doing so welling and building up so fast. Keep it up!

• Options
    I am on a newer shard, which helps. I started in February this year. I have been getting first since I got my first zeta on Finn. Are you in a shard chat? I have 15 or so of the top 20 guys in a discord chat. We try not to hit each other at payout if we aren't competing. It didn't help me much, since I was doing fine before, but some of the other guys really find it helpful. It's cool getting to know everyone, and I think you'll benefit since you can get 1st, but are getting hit right afterwards.

Just a suggestion if you haven't already tried :)
  • Options
    I am on a newer shard, which helps. I started in February this year. I have been getting first since I got my first zeta on Finn. Are you in a shard chat? I have 15 or so of the top 20 guys in a discord chat. We try not to hit each other at payout if we aren't competing. It didn't help me much, since I was doing fine before, but some of the other guys really find it helpful. It's cool getting to know everyone, and I think you'll benefit since you can get 1st, but are getting hit right afterwards.

Just a suggestion if you haven't already tried :)

And a good suggestion at that. But we don't have one. I tried reaching out and they don't even use the forums. I've made contact with 3 guys and we try to avoid each other. Before I made contact a few weeks ago we were spending 100 crystals a day just beating each other up. So it's been nice for us to all get better rewards and not have to spend fighting each other. A whole shard chat would be nice though - I'm glad you've got one going.
  • Options
    Try searching in game names in google. I usually type "(player name) swgoh gg" and they pop up. That gives you their payout time.

Also, reach out to their guilds in the forums. 90% of the players I found, was through their guild leaders or guildmates in the forums. They can usually send you their discord or line info so you can invite them to your own chat, and add them as a friend. Sometimes they don't respond right away, but their guildies can usually get back to you in a couple days. Depends on how active the guild is.
  • Options
    Try searching in game names in google. I usually type "(player name) swgoh gg" and they pop up. That gives you their payout time.

Also, reach out to their guilds in the forums. 90% of the players I found, was through their guild leaders or guildmates in the forums. They can usually send you their discord or line info so you can invite them to your own chat, and add them as a friend. Sometimes they don't respond right away, but their guildies can usually get back to you in a couple days. Depends on how active the guild is.

I tried most of those without success - but I hadn't thought of trying to contact their guild leaders. I'll give that a try!