Is R2D2 event doable without EP and Vader?

I am currently lvl 69, and I am farming rebels to get EP to 7*. I've got Lando 7* stars Ezra, Cassian, Kanan, and Biggs 6*, but I don't think I am gonna make it. Also, I am nowhere close to getting Vader to 7* I am not sure if EP event will come back before the R2D2 event, so pretty much I think will have to farm 5 empire toons for the R2D2 event instead of four.

The reason for the question is that I would like to get R2D2 to 7* the next time he comes around, because he is a required toon for the CLS event, so if I don't manage to achieve 7*, I just won't a have a chance to get CLS the next time he comes around, got no idea when CLS event is coming back but I am assuming 6 months, so if no R2D2 7* gonna have to wait twice which would suck very much since I am just reading on forum that CLS is just so darn OP.like make it or break it kind of toon

I was thinking of farming these guys, would I have a shot at all of getting R2D2 with this squad?

(L) Tarkin

TIE fighter pilot

Magma trooper

Stormtrooper

and either Snowtrooper or RG

I'd really appreciate some guidance. Thank you in advance

Replies

• I think it would be really tough without EP lead. Its a long event he heals himself and vader (siths). Maybe with shore it could be done? Sure its been done without him though.
  • Palpatine is sept 14th so you'll be able to get him
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    I think it would be really tough without EP lead. Its a long event he heals himself and vader (siths). Maybe with shore it could be done? Sure its been done without him though.

Yeah I think probably would have to gear those other empire toons very high to able to do it, ideally it would be great to do it with both EP and Vader I just fear I wont be able to get em to 7* before Rd event comes back

• Palpatine is sept 14th so you'll be able to get him

The only issue if that I dont know if I will be able to 7* EP at lvl 72-73, which is what I calculate my lvl will be, and then is just the gearing of the 5 rebels with only two of em on my arena team. If EP comes back before the next R2 event I think it would be much easier for me and only have to farm 4 empire toons, but im not sure if thats gonna happen
  • PhoenixRvX
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Palpatine,
    Thrawn (get your Phoenix sorted, Vader substitute otherwise)
    Krennic
    Shoretrooper
    Deathtrooper

In my opinion that's the strongest empire team. Aim for that.

But I know they're a difficult farm in themselves. Get both RG and Snowtrooper if you can, his AOE is devastating when omega'd

Don't let the palpatine and Yoda events fool you though. R2 is hard to get at 7 star. You'll most likely need all abilities maxed, gear 9 minimum and a decent set of mods

I can almost guarantee palpatine will be out again before R2 will so don't worry if you can't get him to 7 star this time
  • Without Shore, EP, Vader, Krennic, DT, or even a Zeta on Veers for a lead, I'd say that no, you won't be able to beat the R2 event. Your main problem is that you don't have a good leader. Tarkin is fine, but his lead doesn't really help as much as the others like EP, Vader, Krennic, or Veers.
  • PhoenixRvX wrote: »
    Palpatine,
    Thrawn (get your Phoenix sorted, Vader substitute otherwise)
    Krennic
    Shoretrooper
    Deathtrooper

In my opinion that's the strongest empire team. Aim for that.

But I know they're a difficult farm in themselves. Get both RG and Snowtrooper if you can, his AOE is devastating when omega'd

Don't let the palpatine and Yoda events fool you though. R2 is hard to get at 7 star. You'll most likely need all abilities maxed, gear 9 minimum and a decent set of mods

I can almost guarantee palpatine will be out again before R2 will so don't worry if you can't get him to 7 star this time

Yea I resigned trying to get EP this time, gonna have to wait until the event returns. I think I am going for what you suggested, farm both RG and snowtrooper, instead of one or the other. I do have my phoenix to 6*, so hopefully I will be able to get him at 6* as well.

I also asked around on guild, discord, read stuff on reddit and forums, and I pretty much everybody thinks that EP will return before the next R2D2 event, so that definitely gives me hope and time to farm having less pressure to get all the toons to 7* asap
  • Without Shore, EP, Vader, Krennic, DT, or even a Zeta on Veers for a lead, I'd say that no, you won't be able to beat the R2 event. Your main problem is that you don't have a good leader. Tarkin is fine, but his lead doesn't really help as much as the others like EP, Vader, Krennic, or Veers.

Yeah EP or Vader would be much better that tarkin, plus both EP and Vader make the fight much more easier, from what I heard. I probably wont have Vader to 7*, I am farming him from fleet shop so I suppose time will tell.

In the meantime, I'm just gonna wait for the next EP comes back, hopefully before next R2D2, fingers crossed, and have much gearing to do as well, so I have that to look forward xD
  • I'd say an imperial Troopers squad would do good
  • I'd say an imperial Troopers squad would do good

If you can spare the zeta for Veers leadership which is a huge investment for a toons that isn't all that great.