Dooku's skills question

Replies

• Scinful
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'll usually save him until last and hope he hits my Dooku a few times, then one shot him. If he is one of the more threatening ones in the opposition, I'll hit him with Daka, anyone that stuns really. He isn't that hard to deal with. He just requires that you come up with a plan to deal with him. Don't mindlessly attack him with attackers that have low HP.
  • Options
    Nope ;)
  • Options
    Nope ;)

X2
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Hendiju
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just wait until the 7* Dooku's roll out, you will kill yourself. Yesterday I fought one, got some terrible RNG... I did an assist attack, and my phasma leader proc'd and basically I hit dooku 3x and he didn't flipping die, was very close. Well he countered 3x and bonuses 3x then he did his lightning and double stunned killing one of my Jedi. I couldn't help but laugh and all I said was...welp, (insert F word here). Mind you that's 7 attacks. Probably would of been 8 if his lightning was on CD.
    ☮ Consular ☮
  • Options
    They took our jobs
    Roger roger
  • Options
    Nope ;)

Agreed. The only change should be to his leader ability to make it better (add % chance for counter attack to team member when they evade)

*RIP CHRISTOPHER LEE*
  • Options
    Great. As soon as I finish farming for him to be at least 4 stars (LOTS of farming since my sith starter pack was Greedo not Dooku!), level 70 gear 8, and skills 5-6, I start seeing a lot of threads to nerf Dooku.

Try instead to learn to play him, and learn to play against him please. Yes he is annoying f***, he has taken down 2 on 1 or even 3 on 1, it's just a matter of knowing how to deal with him properly. Don't leave him for the last, for instance.
    Qeltar wrote: »
    You just have to be smart about how you deal with him. Stuns and massive damage are the best approaches. Also, attack him with characters who have self-healing like Sid. If you have no other options, attack him with multiple characters to spread his counters around. Ensure you don't go after him if a healer has a heal available.

This ^
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    I just fought a Count Dooku and I was using QGJ and I used his Ally assist attack on Dooku who was the last one on their team. He then countered (not surprising) on both of them. Then for some reason he got a bonus attack so this is up to four attacks all together. And the cherry on top was that he got ANOTHER bonus attack on one of them killing him and leaving QGJ in the red for him to finish off if his Lightning. What the actual hell?

If you attacked him with assist, then all his 4 counter attacks (included bonus attacks) were outside his turn. And dooku gains turn meter when he attacks outside his turn. If he gets paired with Phasma lead and Daka for stuns, it feels like your team doesn't play at all.
  • Options
    Not another one of these threads by a newbie who gets a bad Dooku bonus attack roll......
  • Options
    Lol this discussion all over again. Dooku is very good vs Jedi, so if you use a jedi team vs a dooku prepare to get roflstomped. Also don't use AOE attacks vs a team with a dooku, he gains extra turnmeter for every counter attack. He doesnt really hit that hard and he doesnt have much health. Leave him till the end or finish him at the start with a high dps toon (Rey, GS etc.)
    He is far from OP, he is a n00bkiller though.

It's not just Jedi though. He counters every attack no matter who you use and the fact that he does more damage to Jedi makes him even more overpowered. You basically have to hope that you one shot him or stun him to even kill this guy. He has way too much health for the amo My of damage he can do.
  • Options
    To me the problem is that he has both a high chance Multiple Attack and a guaranteed Counter Attack plus a decent chance for Stun and Multiple Unit Strike. On top of that he has the Speed to follow through with all of it.
    The obvious fix would be to take the Multi-Attack out of the Counter and to lower the chance of the Counter. I think other options would be to remove one of those four mentioned (but that might upset too many), remove his Leader Ability (though that only addresses the argument and not the actual issue), or to lower his Speed (which is likely to lead to needing a buff).
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dooku literally needs to be as mediocre as the real Dooku.
    That would be the "mediocre" Dooku who kicked Obiwan's butt, cut off Anakin's arm and then dueled Yoda to a stalemate in Episode 2? And then kicked Obiwan's butt again before losing to Anakin in 3 (and there are theories as to why that happened)?
    Dooku was considered one of the top handful of lightsaber artists of his lifetime. He is well-represented here.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Dooku just needs to be planned for. There isn't anything wrong with him. Stop attacking him with low health toons' AOE attacks. Stun him or hit him with big hitters. Better yet, get your own Dooku and counter him to death!
  • Options
    He's squishy. Ways to deal with him have been posted ad nauseum. Use them.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    To me the problem is that he has both a high chance Multiple Attack and a guaranteed Counter Attack plus a decent chance for Stun and Multiple Unit Strike. On top of that he has the Speed to follow through with all of it.
    The obvious fix would be to take the Multi-Attack out of the Counter and to lower the chance of the Counter. I think other options would be to remove one of those four mentioned (but that might upset too many), remove his Leader Ability (though that only addresses the argument and not the actual issue), or to lower his Speed (which is likely to lead to needing a buff).

his leader skill makes him less effective imo. if it requires him to be damaged to counter and he dodges...well yeah
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    If you think he is Op then you should just get him. There are characters who are better in this game and some that are worse deal with it.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku literally needs to be as mediocre as the real Dooku.
    That would be the "mediocre" Dooku who kicked Obiwan's butt, cut off Anakin's arm and then dueled Yoda to a stalemate in Episode 2? And then kicked Obiwan's butt again before losing to Anakin in 3 (and there are theories as to why that happened)?
    Dooku was considered one of the top handful of lightsaber artists of his lifetime. He is well-represented here.

exactly this. he's considered a master of the sabre artform in close quarters combat. i think that was well translated here in goh. what could work is to lessen his counter damage when he counters after being hit and add in a passive parry to counter with normal damage on a dodge. or maybe i'm not making any sense
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    You should blame George Lucas for the real Dooku...
    He seems like a very powerful guy but the movie just **** so bad.

In game, I have no problem with him. I love Kylo hitting him so I can get rebuffed.
  • Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »

He's pretty well balanced. Nerfing him would make him useless.
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »

He's not squishy enough. He got more health than Sid which is way to much. If he is going to be able to dish out 2 or more attacks in succession then he either needs to have as much health as FOTP or do as much damage as Ewok Elder
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »

He's not squishy enough. He got more health than Sid which is way to much. If he is going to be able to dish out 2 or more attacks in succession then he either needs to have as much health as FOTP or do as much damage as Ewok Elder

Sid has 9600 HP, one of the lowest in the game. He also has self heals, 20% more armor than Dooku, evasion, and higher resist than Dooku(not by much granted). Dooku gets 10900 HP which is still in the bottom tiers of HP. Obi-Wan is 17,500. Barriss and 5555's are both over 18000 and they aren't even the highest HP characters.

He has 1000 more HP than FOTP. FOTP has a good amount more armor. So 9% more hp and 9% less armor. Pretty much a wash.
  • Options
    Jet get a Duku on your team and inflict pain on the opposition. The characters you hate fighting are probably just as annoying for opponents
  • Options
    Lol this discussion all over again. Dooku is very good vs Jedi, so if you use a jedi team vs a dooku prepare to get roflstomped. Also don't use AOE attacks vs a team with a dooku, he gains extra turnmeter for every counter attack. He doesnt really hit that hard and he doesnt have much health. Leave him till the end or finish him at the start with a high dps toon (Rey, GS etc.)

It's not just Jedi though. He counters every attack no matter who you use and the fact that he does more damage to Jedi makes him even more overpowered. You basically have to hope that you one shot him or stun him to even kill this guy. He has way too much health for the amo My of damage he can do.

learn to play around him. Don't AOE. Keep him to last, or one shot him with GS or some other strong character.

I think the reason we are seeing this influx of Dooku babies, is because they removed the Dooku starter. People haven't had to learn to play around him, and now they see him and go into cry baby mode.

Dooku is the perfect character. He isn't strong at any one thing, but he is solid at a handful of things. He requires you to plan around ... which isn't common in this game. Normally you just attack and hope to kill people.

• Options
    I noticed after finishing GS that Dooku's drop rate is way lower than it's supposed to be. GS was truly around 35%, while Dooku is barely 20%. But hey, at least the credit yield is a bit higher.
  • Options
    10-15 on a excellent day x2 refresh. I also farm the nodes to speed up his shard acquisition. I have 1-2 days left to 7* thank god. He's drop rate is definitely bad. Pre-update I rolled through kylo real quick.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »

learn to play around him. Don't AOE. Keep him to last, or one shot him with GS or some other strong character.

I think the reason we are seeing this influx of Dooku babies, is because they removed the Dooku starter. People haven't had to learn to play around him, and now they see him and go into cry baby mode.

Dooku is the perfect character. He isn't strong at any one thing, but he is solid at a handful of things. He requires you to plan around ... which isn't common in this game. Normally you just attack and hope to kill people.

No the reason so many people are finally stepping up about a broken toon. I don't know who posted it first but whoever revealed it people have started opening up about just how broken Dooku is. And it's not as easy as you think or say it is to avoid Dooku. You so much as touch him and you get punished so bad for using different toons. The game is good and all but there are still a lot of bugs that don't make sense. My prime example is Dooku. I'm the lore Dooku avoided conflict which could be equated to the toon having a high dodge. He was a decent saber user but was not the best by a long stretch. His unique saber was the only reason he could last for more than 10 seconds against a Jedi. In fact he was never known as a Jedi killer, that was why he trained Grevious and Ventriss to be assassins. Dooku was never a combative sith.
  • Options
    The drop rate will be went from 3/6 to 1/6 per refill. Some days are better than others.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    My dooku is 97/100. Been that way all day haha, no luck for me today with 2 refreshes used but i almost swear when you soooooo vlose they stop dropping hahahaha
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    He shouldn't be able to do that but he definitely can. I'm starting to hat him more than Sid now. He was never a good fighter, he always ran in the lore.

Innacurate, he was reguarded as one of the best swordsmen if memory serves. In movies, comics, cartoons, etc, the "bad guy" always runs lol that's a silly point to make.
    You just have to be smart about how you deal with him. Stuns and massive damage are the best approaches. Also, attack him with characters who have self-healing like Sid. If you have no other options, attack him with multiple characters to spread his counters around. Ensure you don't go after him if a healer has a heal available.

^^^that^^^

Hes super easy to beat if you handle it correctly, if you let him run wild he will. Strengths an weaknesses folks