Dooku's skills question

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Abyss wrote: »
    He shouldn't be able to do that but he definitely can. I'm starting to hat him more than Sid now. He was never a good fighter, he always ran in the lore.

Innacurate, he was reguarded as one of the best swordsmen if memory serves. In movies, comics, cartoons, etc, the "bad guy" always runs lol that's a silly point to make.
    Qeltar wrote: »
    You just have to be smart about how you deal with him. Stuns and massive damage are the best approaches. Also, attack him with characters who have self-healing like Sid. If you have no other options, attack him with multiple characters to spread his counters around. Ensure you don't go after him if a healer has a heal available.

^^^that^^^

Hes super easy to beat if you handle it correctly, if you let him run wild he will. Strengths an weaknesses folks

His sword skills came from his unique style of saber not by his actual skill with a sword. He was adept at all forms of Lightsaber combat but never mastered any. This is the reason why Grevious was such an effective Jedi killer. Dooku himself was if I remember correctly a Counselor and preferred to solve conflicts with his mind or force abilities.
  • Options
    @Qeltar well said Sir (insert gentleman meme tipping his cap) this is how i read that....

That would be the "mediocre" Dooku who kicked Obiwan's butt - BOOM cut off Anakin's arm - BOOM and then dueled Yoda to a stalemate in Episode 2? (ARMS RAISED) - BOOOOOOM! And then kicked Obiwan's butt again (HEAD TILT EYEBROW RAISED) before losing to Anakin in 3 (and there are theories as to why that happened)?
    Dooku was considered one of the top handful of lightsaber artists of his lifetime. (PAUSE.....) He is well-represented here. (DROPS MIC WALKS AWAY)
  • Options
    Update: it was raining shards today, guess Dooku doesn't like the publicity!
  • Options
    Same here. Dooku on 94/100 and not a single shard drop for me in the last 3 days.
  • Options
    Zzz I'm still at level 67, two more levels to go
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Normal rate around 30% I guess.
  • Options
    I feel he drops more than not for me. So happy to have reached level 69.
  • Albertico77
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Its imposible to play against team characters if Dooku is in team. He has an 90% of bonus attack and 100% of counterattack. He can defeat all your team alone. He needs and urgent nerf
  • Options
    I agree. On second thoughts, no, I don't.
  • Lambalazar
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's only a fifty percent chance for bonus attack. Save him for close to last and avoid area attacks. Hit him with a tank, high crit chance character, or Sidious. Sidious gains a decent chunk of HP every time a character dies, he can handle the hits.
    "The Dark Side? I've been there. Do your worst."
  • Options
    He is a good attacker but he's pretty squishy. If you've got a couple of hard hitters they can normally take him down
  • Options
    İf you think he is op than you must work for him, dont say this nerf thing.
  • Options
    Actually, I, too, thought of nerf Dooku 'til just yesterday.
    but now, I think the thing has to be nerfed is, opponets AI's rate of special skills.
    in my games, opponets AI's taking almost 90% of bonus attacks on Dooku.
    with his 100% counter attack, Dooku more than 5* can't easily defeated. 'coz he always attack first, almost every time stun my team.

so problem is AI's rate. not Dooku.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    He has the eight worse basic damage per hit in the game, right after the mighty Jedi Knight Guardian.
    He is fine and well designed. He is there to counter Jedi teams and harass people with annoying los damage hits and make people think twice before going AOE. Does his role well.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    He shouldn't be able to do that

Why do you think he shouldn't?
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    He's squishy. Ways to deal with him have been posted ad nauseum. Use them.

He's not squishy enough. He got more health than Sid which is way to much. If he is going to be able to dish out 2 or more attacks in succession then he either needs to have as much health as FOTP or do as much damage as Ewok Elder

Well, Ewok Elder does more damage per hit than dooku. So that would be a buff for him.

Dooku does 8th worse base damage in game, at 2181, right after the mighty Jedi Knight Guardian who is 9th worse at 2192 damage. Ewok Elder does 14th worse, at 2264.
    He also has close the same health than FOTP, as he currently has 10935 hp vs 10599 of FOTP. So not sure about what are you asking for.
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    He shouldn't be able to do that

Why do you think he shouldn't?

Becuase like the guy above me just pointed out. At three hits for each pulling 2181 non crit damage. That's 6543 damage with all attacks not being crits, which at least one of them is. That's a lot of Damage for a counter attack every single time you even touch the guy. So unless you one shot him you just have to take 6543 damage for doing the most basic attack. Also there is no skill involved with using him, it's just watching while there entire team regrets even playing.
  • RonTom
    268 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Its imposible to play against team characters if Dooku is in team. He has an 90% of bonus attack and 100% of counterattack. He can defeat all your team alone. He needs and urgent nerf

Seriously, do you have the worst team ever? All the people crying nerf should really get their facts straight. STOP ATTACKING DOOKU! He hits harder on counters AND gets turn meter when he attacks outside of his turn. Just let him be and he's easy killing when he's the last one standing. He hits like a fly. I have a 7* Dooku and do use him, but solely for ONE thing. Speed stun on Jedis, and the chance to stun or ability block Jedis (ok that's two things, but it's basically the same thing. Anti jedi.). If there's no Jedi on the opposing team I'll swap him out. In GW I save him until the last battles because he dies to easily if I let him play from the beginning.

Dooku's is probably one of the best balanced Toons in the game. Fun, yes. OP? No. If he was we would avoid Teams with him in the Arena (like at least I did with Poe). But no one avoids a team with Dooku, on the contrary he's one of my top picks in the opposition of the toons that are actually used in the upper part of the arena.

TL;DR: Stop attacking him with anything but heavy hitters stupid.
  • JediGhost117
    1756 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    RonTom wrote: »

Seriously, do you have the worst team ever? All the people crying nerf should really get their facts straight. STOP ATTACKING DOOKU! He hits harder on counters AND gets turn meter when he attacks outside of his turn. Just let him be and he's easy killing when he's the last one standing. He hits like a fly. I have a 7* Dooku and do use him, but solely for ONE thing. Speed stun on Jedis, and the chance to stun or ability block Jedis (ok that's two things, but it's basically the same thing. Anti jedi.). If there's no Jedi on the opposing team I'll swap him out. In GW I save him until the last battles because he dies to easily if I let him play from the beginning.

Dooku's is probably one of the best balanced Toons in the game. Fun, yes. OP? No. If he was we would avoid Teams with him in the Arena (like at least I did with Poe). But no one avoids a team with Dooku, on the contrary he's one of my top picks in the opposition of the toons that are actually used in the upper part of the arena.

TL;DR: Stop attacking him with anything but heavy hitters stupid.

So being able to dish out over 6000 damage for being touched, not even damaged isn't OP?
  • Options
    I just fought a Count Dooku and I was using QGJ and I used his Ally assist attack on Dooku who was the last one on their team. He then countered (not surprising) on both of them. Then for some reason he got a bonus attack so this is up to four attacks all together. And the cherry on top was that he got ANOTHER bonus attack on one of them killing him and leaving QGJ in the red for him to finish off if his Lightning. What the actual hell?

everytime he counters (he has 100% counter) he gains a certain % turn meter gained.