What gives with Rebel Teams so strong in Arena

CountPookoo
189 posts Member
edited September 2017
I currently run a sith side - only level 44 so have a long way to go, but arena now is pretty much dominated by Lando+VSH+Leia+Chewy (sometimes 2..)+Bobba...one of the top 3 is running a Lando +3 star Baze+ 3 star Leia+ 2 Star Tank.seriously? At what point are EA going to fix Lando land??

How exactly is it even remotely balanced to have my 5 sith lords destroyed by entry level rebels that are easily farmable compared to me relying on blind luck and $$$ to make my Sith team competitive... does not align with the lore behind SW either...

Should I just accept defeat and invest in LS rebels like everyone else??

Replies

• Accept defeat? You could also ser it as a win if you begin winning with a rebel + Boba team instead of loosing with your sith. Yes, Lando, Biggs, ST Han and friends are strong early on and easy to acquire. A +speed leader ability gives a strong advantage early on. However, you don't see those toons in top arena in end—game currently apart from the odd Wedge+Biggs sightings.

If you enjoy winning more than you enjoy your sith, then change to a winning team. Otherwise stay with your sith and enjoy :—)

The toons in the game are not balanced according to lore. It would be silly and predictable if it was.
  • Rebels are pretty good early game, and now thanks to CLS a full rebel squad is good late game too. This is bound to change by the time you reach level 85 though. However soon you will unlock mods, I'd suggest researching them as good mods with speed secondaries and speed arrow primaries will help you tremendously with whatever you want to run.
  • I currently run a sith side - only level 44 so have a long way to go, but arena now is pretty much dominated by Lando+VSH+Leia+Chewy (sometimes 2..)+Bobba...one of the top 3 is running a Lando +3 star Baze+ 3 star Leia+ 2 Star Tank.seriously? At what point are EA going to fix Lando land??

How exactly is it even remotely balanced to have my 5 sith lords destroyed by entry level rebels that are easily farmable compared to me relying on blind luck and $$$ to make my Sith team competitive... does not align with the lore behind SW either...

Yes yes yes yes yes! LS is by far the superior group, especially rebels. I think that you need to farm five 5-7* Empire characters for R2, and Farmboy Luke, STHan, Old Ben, and Princess Leia for CLS.
    "There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/
  • The devs have shown time and time again they will always return to Rebels.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Cheers I managed to get Rank 1 with my Sith team but expect that to change soon. Might try farming a LS team.

Below are the characters I have.

https://swgoh.gg/u/rexbigilo/collection/

any advice on which LS path to take would be appreciated, I have no idea about LS but reckon my squad should use Admiral Ackbar since I have him...leader perhaps?

Thanks again for the advice :)
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Oh my....so you haven't even run into Wiggs yet...
  • Yes give in - the rebel dominance / bias has been in place for well over a year since Wiggs started. It moved to Chaze, now on to CLS / A new hope faction pass.
  • zombiwan_kenobi
    427 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    It's not much about dominance but wise starting choices. I started with jedis for some reasons and quickly changed to Rebels way before they went meta or anything, starting with siths is even worse since most of them need some tedious farm and really expensive gear.

Siths also are not much useful compared to many other teams, it won't help you with credit heist nor mods challenges and unless you're running a Nihilus lead you need a zeta with Maul (not available since you're only 44).

What's wrong here is that you took the hard path as a starting player. At least with rebels you could get Palpatine who can help a lot with starting Siths. But even with other factions, Lando and Boba are still a huge pain when one starts the game, try to get better mods asap as it helps tremendously.

A well geared Dooku under Nihilus lead can be a real threat at low levels too.
  • I currently run a sith side - only level 44 so have a long way to go, but arena now is pretty much dominated by Lando+VSH+Leia+Chewy (sometimes 2..)+Bobba...one of the top 3 is running a Lando +3 star Baze+ 3 star Leia+ 2 Star Tank.seriously? At what point are EA going to fix Lando land??

Yes yes yes yes yes! LS is by far the superior group, especially rebels. I think that you need to farm five 5-7* Empire characters for R2, and Farmboy Luke, STHan, Old Ben, and Princess Leia for CLS.

Siths actually ruled arena for months and they're not LS. Nihilus or Thrawn are still in most high end top arena teams and there are still Maul teams in many shards.
    Rebels aren't superior to anything else, GK is almost everywhere and he's not even close to be a rebel and current anti-meta consists of using GK+Bariss (so both jedis) along with recent cheated toons such as Thrawn or Nihilus, previous meta was using Rex (clone then) so...

Not being meta doesn't mean a team isn't viable. I still see FO, resistance, Empire, Siths and even Bounty hunters (those have a hard time i must confess) or Jedis in top 50. Sure in older shards competition is tougher but i'm pretty sure things will change with G12 as some unused toons got highly buffed as opposed to Wiggs and Chaze.