Adjustments we need

Since G12 got released we need more gear than ever before to get a toon to max gear. We need to adjust challenge rewards and maybe some prizes in shipments. Make carbantis drop more in challenges and make them cheaper in shipments. 1400 crystals for a full carbanti is insane!

Replies

• Completely agree with you but it will never happen.
  • there needs to be an adjustment... i have at least 1000+ pieces of every other challenge gear but everyone is always low on mk3 carbantis..
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum for better Dev visibility.

The main problem with any adjustments to how much gear we get or what we get is that it would change the pace of the game. The game is paced to be a slow grind, a marathon not a sprint.

There is no way to lock off the new pace and make it an end game stage. This would mean that anyone who gets to let's say 85 would have access, so any new player would be at this accelerated pace fairly early in game. The second part is you bring older players up to a new pace and can have them finish things up causing the to have less to do and close the gap on those who have made investments in this game. This may also have the effect of causing those who would invest, to not because it's now easy to get things. IMO

I'm not saying any of those are bad things,just that it makes major changes to the dynamics of the game.
  • @Kyno

The grind becomes slower everytime they release new content.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Kyno

Not really, the pace stays about the same, just longer path.

Just because they added g12 doesn't mean it takes longer to get a new toon to g11.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno

Not really, the pace stays about the same, just longer path.

Just because they added g12 doesn't mean it takes longer to get a new toon to g11.

I disagree. That's exactly what it means. Grinding to g12 one toon makes you delay making g11 another toon, because the g12 grind is long. And that delays making g10's, g9's, etc. For that reason, lower gear grinding should be made easier.

In my opinion, if g8 was the "easy to reach" stage before, with the addition of the new level g9 should become the new "easy to reach" stage. It wouldn't stop the grinding and people with max level toons would still keep their advantage.

Keep in mind also that there are more toons in need of gearing, which is another reason why the grinding wouldn't stop. In the past, you only needed 5 toons because your arena team was able to handle all other game modes, but now you need a team for EP, another for Yoda, Thrawn, R2 and CLS, another for Rancor, another for HAAT, others for TB, etc. Making g9 hard made sense when you only needed 5 toons, but now that you need dozens it wouldn't cause such a big impact.