Last Jedi predictions?

Prev13
So what theories has everyone got?

I believe Kylo may try to make himself a sith and betray Snoke as he isn't a Sith (that i know of) and with his obsession with Vader he would want to be one to become as powerful as Vader.

Also Luke has lost hope in the ways of the jedi and...
1. will have swayed from the light side and became a grey jedi and trains Rey to be the last jedi, after persuasion ofc.
or
2. He is the last jedi but believes the jedi are not the way forward due to his failure and trains rey in alternative way making Rey a grey jedi.
3. or
3. Hes lost hope and rey helps him regain it and he trains her but she doesnt become a jedi yet. mirroring ESB.

Replies

• Spaceyzerox
    15 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Rewatch the force awakens. In the title screen it says luke is the last jedi and he has gone into hiding. I think.
  • Moved to Off-Topic (still Star Wars, but not about the game, so there it goes).
  • I've read several articles that says Luke is the last Jedi. Also the new tops cards showl Luke in all black and also in his normal Jedi clothes. I think Rey turns him back to the light
  • The thing is.. the last Jedi is a joke. The order of the Jedi is gone. The Jedi have to end. That was a quote he said from someone else. He is not a grey Jedi. In fact, he is not even depressed. He has a total conflagration towards his previous woman. So he trained her to be an advertisement at Target and Walmart
    She wouldn't be holding a light saber like she does if she wasnt the prophecy fulfilled.
  • Everybody's so fixated on cut and dry definitions of the "light" and "dark" sides of the force. I think the movie is going to focus more on general morality, guilt, hope, reponsibility, and grief rather than bother explaining the specifics of the "grey" side of the force and whatnot. Also, I highly doubt the phrase "the last jedi" is going to have much significance in the story. Its just a vague title that tells the audience that legacy will be an important theme in the film
  • The resistance destroys another death star
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'd say:

1. Luke is the last jedi, but believes the way of the Jedi is not the way forward and to find true balance going forward and to ultimately end future galactic conflict the force cannot be broken down into light or dark but how you choose to use it.
    2. Rey will be the first student in the true balance of the force (trained by luke and as Luke is the last Jedi - the way of the jedi will die with him).
    3. I think more of Kylo and his Knights of Ren will play a significant role. Instead of "Luke going to face Vader" I think that Kylo and the Knights of Ren will find Luke & Rey
    4. Snoke will certainly make more of an appearance (I hope explained that he is Darth Plagueis after all)
    5. The conflict between the Resistance & First Order will build throughout the movie ending in a climactic battle - perhaps the resistance finally rescuing Rey & Luke and bringing them into the fold.
    6. I am prepared that Leia will end due to Carrie Fisher's passing, I bet they may have written this into the final cut of the movie.
    7. I doubt very much that Luke will be killed off in this movie, if at all (perhaps he may die at the conclusion of E9).
    8. I predict Finn will make a full recovery.
  • The_Light_Sider
    208 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Boo wrote: »
    I'd say:

1. Luke is the last jedi, but believes the way of the Jedi is not the way forward and to find true balance going forward and to ultimately end future galactic conflict the force cannot be broken down into light or dark but how you choose to use it.
    2. Rey will be the first student in the true balance of the force (trained by luke and as Luke is the last Jedi - the way of the jedi will die with him).
    3. I think more of Kylo and his Knights of Ren will play a significant role. Instead of "Luke going to face Vader" I think that Kylo and the Knights of Ren will find Luke & Rey
    4. Snoke will certainly make more of an appearance (I hope explained that he is Darth Plagueis after all)
    5. The conflict between the Resistance & First Order will build throughout the movie ending in a climactic battle - perhaps the resistance finally rescuing Rey & Luke and bringing them into the fold.
    6. I am prepared that Leia will end due to Carrie Fisher's passing, I bet they may have written this into the final cut of the movie.
    7. I doubt very much that Luke will be killed off in this movie, if at all (perhaps he may die at the conclusion of E9).

I agree with the majority of what you said, though I doubt that Luke and Rey will be captured as Rey was captured in The Force Awakens and that would make the plot lines too similar.
    Also, one of the producers confirmed that Princess Leia would not die in the film, so maybe she will go to where Alderaan once was and try to rebuild, explaining her absence in episode IX.
    (Edited to correct a typing error)
  • Luke is definitely going to disappoint many people. He's not going to be some raging bad*** and he's not going to get in some huge epic duel. Im sure he'll display some use of the force, and he might whip out his saber once or twice, but the purpose of his character isn't going to be like yoda in the prequels who gets in big d*mb fights just so fans can JO. TLJ will be about the relationship between luke and rey, and how rey will restore his faith in himself and the light.
  • I also think a force ghost or two might make an appearance but that Luke hasnt strayed from the light but instead has lost faith in the way of the jedi, and is possibly going to create a new type of jedi through Rey and/or maybe still, Kylo.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I predict:
    Snoke will have same amount of airtime and no explanation as to his origin/purpose etc
    Rey is a Palpatine and goes Darkside. Ben Solo gets redemption/ comes to the light
    Poe and Finn destroy a Death Star
    Finn becomes the hero that everyone thinks Rey will be.
    Obi Wan and posssibly QGJ force Ghosts / voices reach out to Rey
    I don't understand the purpose of Rose, but i think is going to fill the void of a "good girl" to root for if Rey goes darkside

Notice Rey is on he "Darkside" of the poster, as well as being in the middle (gray):
    force-awakens-poster.jpg
  • maybe she will go to where Alderaan once was and try to rebuild, explaining her absence in episode IX.
    How do you rebuild a planet that exploded?

• maybe she will go to where Alderaan once was and try to rebuild, explaining her absence in episode IX.

I meant rebuild on a nearby hospitable planet.
  • I predict:
    Snoke will have same amount of airtime and no explanation as to his origin/purpose etc
    Rey is a Palpatine and goes Darkside. Ben Solo gets redemption/ comes to the light
    I don't understand the purpose of Rose, but i think is going to fill the void of a "good girl" to root for if Rey goes darkside

Notice Rey is on he "Darkside" of the poster, as well as being in the middle (gray):
    force-awakens-poster.jpg
    Maybe rey is in the middle because she's the main character (like every other movie poster ever made)
  • Maybe rey is in the middle because she's the main character (like every other movie poster ever made)
    Probably, but thought we were making predictions for giggles
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I'd say:

I agree with the majority of what you said, though I doubt that Luke and Rey will be captured as Rey was captured in The Force Awakens and that would make the plot lines too similar.
    Also, one of the producers confirmed that Princess Leia would not die in the film, so maybe she will go to where Alderaan once was and try to rebuild, explaining her absence in episode IX.

Inever meant to imply that Rey & Luke would be captured - just that Kylo and the Knights of Ren and/or The First Order will bring the fight to them. Perhaps Luke lures Kylo to him, as Vader did to him?

There is nothing of Alderaan to rebuild - its gone. The producers say a lot, but it is with certainty that Leia is not able to be in E9 - so they are likely keeping her fate sealed in order to by-pass any potential spoilers about the movie - I think this may also be the case in regard to the Plagueis/Snoke theory too.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Luke is definitely going to disappoint many people. He's not going to be some raging bad*** and he's not going to get in some huge epic duel. Im sure he'll display some use of the force, and he might whip out his saber once or twice, but the purpose of his character isn't going to be like yoda in the prequels who gets in big d*mb fights just so fans can JO. TLJ will be about the relationship between luke and rey, and how rey will restore his faith in himself and the light.

I don't think Luke is going to display anything too crazy, but definitely something as equally powerful as Vader in R1.

The whole galaxy knows Luke to be a powerful being in the force - so much so that he is myth and legend to the common folk of the galaxy, a savious of the resistance, republic and galaxy to the likes of Leia and a feared opponent to the First Order and Snoke.

For Luke to pretty much sit on the sidelines would be a major disappointment and certainly would anger a lot of fans. Not to mention if all the story does is focus on Luke's relationship with Rey that would be pretty boring. I'm not saying that should not be an important focus of the movie, but it should not totally dominate the movie to sacrifice logical and strongly anticipated action sequences such as Luke demonstrating his Master Jedi skills at some point.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I predict:

force-awakens-poster.jpg

Interesting that not only is Rey in the middle (like many other star wars movie poster) but how she is positioned in the middle. Perhaps this is symbolic to her future training in E8 and 9 about being the balance in the force - dark and light.

I don't think she will go dark and quite frankly after the loss/murder of a loved OT character - Han Solo, I think Kylo is pretty much non-redeemable. If he is redeemed he will die - similar to Vader (so at least he may have some more similarities to Vader which will make the moody emo a little happy).

I also think that Finn is likely force sensitive as it was strongly hinted at in TFA marketing and he weilds a lightsaber twice in that movie - faring well against Kylo, not to mention his ability to break free from the FO as one of its Stormtroopers - apparently never happened before.

I think we are likely to see some more things with Finn towards the development of the force - but we may not.
  • Boo wrote: »
    I predict:

force-awakens-poster.jpg

Interesting that not only is Rey in the middle (like many other star wars movie poster) but how she is positioned in the middle. Perhaps this is symbolic to her future training in E8 and 9 about being the balance in the force - dark and light.

I don't think she will go dark and quite frankly after the loss/murder of a loved OT character - Han Solo, I think Kylo is pretty much non-redeemable. If he is redeemed he will die - similar to Vader (so at least he may have some more similarities to Vader which will make the moody emo a little happy).

I also think that Finn is likely force sensitive as it was strongly hinted at in TFA marketing and he weilds a lightsaber twice in that movie - faring well against Kylo, not to mention his ability to break free from the FO as one of its Stormtroopers - apparently never happened before.

I think we are likely to see some more things with Finn towards the development of the force - but we may not.

Finn's marketing was just a red herring to make rey's awakening more exciting. Using a lightsaber doesn't make you force sensitive.
    I predict:

force-awakens-poster.jpg

I feel that the purpose of giving Finn a lightsaber was to show that people who are not force sensitive can still skillfully wield the weapon; and the lightsaber itself was used for aesthetics in the Battle of Takodana and to help with marketing.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I predict:

force-awakens-poster.jpg

I feel that the purpose of giving Finn a lightsaber was to show that people who are not force sensitive can still skillfully wield the weapon; and the lightsaber itself was used for aesthetics in the Battle of Takodana and to help with marketing.

Absolutely it helped and what you and @DatBoi are saying is true, especially considering Han SOlo on Hoth and most notably GG wielded a lightsaber and were both non-force sensitive. I am not saying he is force sensitive because he can pick up and swing a lightsaber.

But I still think to put such an iconic weapon in Finn's hans just fopr marketing seems off to me.

The biggest reason I think there is a chance for Finn being force sensitive is that he was able to break away from the mind control of the First Order - never been done before - the lightsaber stuff to me is just secondary.

But, like I say - he may not be. We'll find out I guess.
    I predict:

force-awakens-poster.jpg

Absolutely it helped and what you and @DatBoi are saying is true, especially considering Han SOlo on Hoth and most notably GG wielded a lightsaber and were both non-force sensitive. I am not saying he is force sensitive because he can pick up and swing a lightsaber.

But I still think to put such an iconic weapon in Finn's hans just fopr marketing seems off to me.

The biggest reason I think there is a chance for Finn being force sensitive is that he was able to break away from the mind control of the First Order - never been done before - the lightsaber stuff to me is just secondary.

But, like I say - he may not be. We'll find out I guess.

I know that this is off topic for the thread, but I wish that mind control (via training from birth) and cloning were not present in the series; it would invite more moral ambiguity and fill in plot holes, because if all of the stormtroopers are mindless drones, then does that mean that only fifty people truly run the empire? I feel that the dark side of the force should not be associated with antagonists; as it would take both the light and the dark to coexist inside a person for them to be in balance with the force, and the concept of the dark side being associated with evil has been forced upon viewers since 1977. The stormtroopers should serve the empire because it is what they desire, and viewers should decide which side to take. You may be right about Finn, although either way he has strong mental resolve.
  • Liamtbqh wrote: »
    Snoke as he isn't a Sith (that i know of).

S.N.O.K.E.
    Sith No One Knew Existed

• A) Finn is Lando's son
    B) Snoke is Plaeguis
    C) I think Ezra, Kanaan or Ahsoka had a child
  • I predict:

force-awakens-poster.jpg

So starkiller base belonged to the resistance. REWATCH THE FORCE AWAKENS. Please, just please.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman

I meant rebuild on a nearby hospitable planet.

Yeah at first I read your comment and laughed- rebuild a planet?!

But you mean more like Old Spock in the new Star Trek films. That does make sense, there's probably a bunch of Alderaanians still around. I don't think that'll happen but it's an interesting idea.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • I originally thought Rey would turn out to be like Anakin, conceived of the Force and with mysterious origins, but I kind of doubt they'll make that link to the prequels. Disney has gone to great lengths to avoid any connection to those films whatsoever, the only exceptions being Jimmy Smits showing up in Rogue One and... Something else, I can't remember.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • I originally thought Rey would turn out to be like Anakin, conceived of the Force and with mysterious origins, but I kind of doubt they'll make that link to the prequels. Disney has gone to great lengths to avoid any connection to those films whatsoever, the only exceptions being Jimmy Smits showing up in Rogue One and... Something else, I can't remember.

I'm just waiting for the "I hate sand" line. Just waiting

I'm just waiting for the "I hate sand" line. Just waiting

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
    -Sun Tzu