Last Jedi predictions?

Replies

• Any predictions about the "powerful tractor beams" mentioned in Phasma book and lego commercials?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • I predict:
    Snoke will have same amount of airtime and no explanation as to his origin/purpose etc
    Rey is a Palpatine and goes Darkside. Ben Solo gets redemption/ comes to the light
    Poe and Finn destroy a Death Star
    Finn becomes the hero that everyone thinks Rey will be.
    Obi Wan and posssibly QGJ force Ghosts / voices reach out to Rey
    I don't understand the purpose of Rose, but i think is going to fill the void of a "good girl" to root for if Rey goes darkside

Notice Rey is on he "Darkside" of the poster, as well as being in the middle (gray):
    force-awakens-poster.jpg

Well... trailer makes my half serious half joking prediction a possibility.

Wish they put DJ slicer or Caretakers or Cardinal in trailer.

Still unsure of how but still have feeling tractor beams play a role
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Snoke got himself his hands on one of these machines to use on Rey and Kylo, and is why he has been seeking out young force users

https://youtu.be/NEYpoZtorQA

He already used "power of the sun" for starkiller base ....
  • And Rey is the daughter of Brendol Hux and Rae Sloane ( and therefore brother of Armitage Hux) who brought Snoke back from the outer regions to rebuild the empire ( First Order) after the Battle of Jakku

Rey was left on Jakku by Armitage Hux and/or Phasma
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    And Rey is the daughter of Brendol Hux and Rae Sloane ( and therefore brother of Armitage Hux) who brought Snoke back from the outer regions to rebuild the empire ( First Order) after the Battle of Jakku

Who are these people?
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    And Rey is the daughter of Brendol Hux and Rae Sloane ( and therefore brother of Armitage Hux) who brought Snoke back from the outer regions to rebuild the empire ( First Order) after the Battle of Jakku

Who are these people?

Book characters (recent and canon), and Armitage Hux is the redhead first order general in the force awakens and last Jedi

• Rey was planted on Jakku by Palpatine
    Snoke is Plagueis.
    Rey has his staff/lightsaber.
    Luke uses all of the Force and not just a side of it.
    Kylo Ren goes to Mustafar and raids Vaders Castle and learns from the Sith Holocrons.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Rey was planted on Jakku by Palpatine
    Snoke is Plagueis.
    Kylo Ren goes to Mustafar and raids Vaders Castle and learns from the Sith Holocrons.

http://www.slashfilm.com/snoke-darth-plagueis-theory-debunked/

As much sense as it makes, unfortunately they confirmed snoke is not plagueis
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Snoke is Plagueis.

It was already obvious that Disney/Lucasfilm is trying to distance the new films as much as possible from the prequels. Thats why nobody will mention midichlorians, nobody will be space jesus/reincarnated, and snoke won’t have anything to do with plagueis, mace windu, jango fett, jar jar, or whoever.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Snoke is Plagueis.

It was already obvious that Disney/Lucasfilm is trying to distance the new films as much as possible from the prequels. Thats why nobody will mention midichlorians, nobody will be space jesus/reincarnated, and snoke won’t have anything to do with plagueis, mace windu, jango fett, jar jar, or whoever.

So why did they say these movies will tie in the prequels. Too much points to Snoke being Plagueis but we shall see.

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Snoke is Plagueis.

So why did they say these movies will tie in the prequels. Too much points to Snoke being Plagueis but we shall see.

Did you not follow @RevanComingSoon ‘s twitter link?
  • And Rey is the daughter of Brendol Hux and Rae Sloane ( and therefore brother of Armitage Hux) who brought Snoke back from the outer regions to rebuild the empire ( First Order) after the Battle of Jakku

Rae was a sister so I doubt she is Rey moms

Rae was a sister so I doubt she is Rey moms

Didn't say it was foolproof, just my favorite shot in the dark / completely original idea by me. But with the technology they have I'm sure gene editing is a thing, and part of it could be true without all of it being true.
  • Apparently Rey's parents are revealed in battlefront 2 .
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Apparently Rey's parents are revealed in battlefront 2 .

A big movie reveal to fans that enjoy the movies (especially older generation fans) would not be cool for such a reveal via comic, novel or computer game.

That's like "oh ya Darth Vader is Luke's dad, it wasn't in the movies but if you read comics it tells you" - absolutely stupid.
  • Not a prediction, just a hope.

I want Kylo to be redeemed and Rey to fall to the dark side. It would be so much more compelling than any other story line I can think of based on the beginning story arc that we saw in TFA.

Think about it:

It would mean Han's sacrifice wasn't for nothing.

Luke acknowledging his mistakes with Ben Solo and Ben realizing how wrong he was could make for an incredible reconciliation. Realize, Vader tortured Luke's bestie Han for the sole purpose of drawing Luke to Bespin, but we never got to see Luke and Vader trying to work with each other afterwards because Vader just dies. What if we got to see Luke and his nephew working together despite all the chaotic history between them?

Rey's arc would also be the Luke arc that we never saw from the OT. Lawrence Kazdan wanted Luke to turn evil before he left the production of ROTJ. The original story arc had Luke turning evil at the end but it was deemed "too dark" by Lucas. We could see that in a different way through Rey.

The flip for Rey would make an otherwise boring character fascinating. Rey gets everything handed to her in TFA. Amazing piloting skills, immediate mastery of difficult and advanced force powers, and she destroys Kylo Ren despite being untrained. From the new trailer we know that both Rey and Kylo are supposed to have "raw" power and limitless potential, but yet Rey handily beats Kylo? I know Kylo was weakened from killing his dad and from the bowcaster shot, but the point remains: Rey doesn't earn a single victory. She beats the overwhelming odds because the script told her to. The most interesting thing about Rey is who her parents are, because we assume they have to be really powerful force users or else her natural abilities REALLY don't make sense.

Rey is simply not a very compelling character in TFA. She could become one if the script stopped giving her free force powers and skills out of nowhere and actually made her character develop and earn her Achievements.
    Snoke is Plagueis.

Unlikely.
    Confirmed no.
    Whose staff or lightsaber?
    Seems all but confirmed.
    That would be cool to see.

Also would be cool if Vader actually reached out to Kylo and was like: "Dude, no stop. I changed my mind at the end."

I want Kylo to be redeemed and Rey to fall to the dark side. It would be so much more compelling than any other story line I can think of based on the beginning story arc that we saw in TFA.

Think about it:

Luke acknowledging his mistakes with Ben Solo and Ben realizing how wrong he was could make for an incredible reconciliation. Realize, Vader tortured Luke's bestie Han for the sole purpose of drawing Luke to Bespin, but we never got to see Luke and Vader trying to work with each other afterwards because Vader just dies. What if we got to see Luke and his nephew working together despite all the chaotic history between them?

Rey's arc would also be the Luke arc that we never saw from the OT. Lawrence Kazdan wanted Luke to turn evil before he left the production of ROTJ. The original story arc had Luke turning evil at the end but it was deemed "too dark" by Lucas. We could see that in a different way through Rey.

The flip for Rey would make an otherwise boring character fascinating. Rey gets everything handed to her in TFA. Amazing piloting skills, immediate mastery of difficult and advanced force powers, and she destroys Kylo Ren despite being untrained. From the new trailer we know that both Rey and Kylo are supposed to have "raw" power and limitless potential, but yet Rey handily beats Kylo? I know Kylo was weakened from killing his dad and from the bowcaster shot, but the point remains: Rey doesn't earn a single victory. She beats the overwhelming odds because the script told her to. The most interesting thing about Rey is who her parents are, because we assume they have to be really powerful force users or else her natural abilities REALLY don't make sense.

Rey is simply not a very compelling character in TFA. She could become one if the script stopped giving her free force powers and skills out of nowhere and actually made her character develop and earn her Achievements.

How could he ever be redeemable? He killed his dad, he murdered an old man and committed arson and destruction of property. Not only did he kill his dad he killed by far the coolest character ever that alone deems him irredeemable.

Think about it:

How could he ever be redeemable? He killed his dad, he murdered an old man and committed arson and destruction of property. Not only did he kill his dad he killed by far the coolest character ever that alone deems him irredeemable.

Maybe his dad isn't dead......
  • So now I wonder if Snoke was calling out to Sidious and he was going to go investigate. The Empire was then defeated and retreated to the far reaches of the galaxy. Luke got the compass and accidentally unleashed Snoke instead of Sidious. Snoke then takes over the Empire and creates the First Order in its place. Luke then feels guilty when Snoke takes control of Kylo Ren.
  • Luke dies in the movie.
    Rey and Fin hook up and make a baby
    Kylo becomes Ben

Good movie.
    Saw it last week on Kodi
  • Hannibal_Bexus
    620 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    My predictions:
    Rey does some training
    Kylo throws a tantrum
    Lots of stuff blows up
    Cute animals sell millions
    Lightsaber battles cause blindness in 3% of fanbase
    Han Solo proclaims "It's just a flesh wound", spanks his kid, and saves the day
    SW:GOH releases two more Han Solos to celebrate
    Everybody loves the movie for 1 year then, everybody hates the movie.
    Gamers complain that there's not enough Millennium Falcons or Chewbaccas for all the Hans
  • This won't play out in the new film but I think Kylo Ren is undercover so he can take out Snoke. I believe it was a plan Luke came up with. This is why Kylo was so broken up about killing his dad. What better way to convince Snoke you are evil than killing your pa?

My crazy theory. But this could explain his obsession with Vader: grandpa redeemed himself, maybe Kylo will, too.
  • Luke unleashes Snoke, Luke must use his nephew to kill Snoke but his brother in law must die in the process. Interesting.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Chagoth wrote: »
    This won't play out in the new film but I think Kylo Ren is undercover so he can take out Snoke. I believe it was a plan Luke came up with. This is why Kylo was so broken up about killing his dad. What better way to convince Snoke you are evil than killing your pa?

My crazy theory. But this could explain his obsession with Vader: grandpa redeemed himself, maybe Kylo will, too.

I believe it since it happened in Harry Potter
    DatBoi wrote: »
    This won't play out in the new film but I think Kylo Ren is undercover so he can take out Snoke. I believe it was a plan Luke came up with. This is why Kylo was so broken up about killing his dad. What better way to convince Snoke you are evil than killing your pa?

I believe it since it happened in Harry Potter

This is good to an extent, but it doesnt explain those conversations Kylo struggles of avoiding the 'call to the light' or whatever.

Kylo might know who Rey is though.
  • Guys just watch it on Kodi. 780p version is available.
    Luke dies 25 mins into the movie.
  • Guys just watch it on Kodi. 780p version is available.
    Luke dies 25 mins into the movie.

dude. spoiler alert.
  • Rey is Snokes daughter. Hence the attempt to turn her to dark, as Vader tried to tempt Luke in Ep 5.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member

I think this could be possible.

Maybe this is why he is reaching out to Vader - he is actually reaching out to Anakin. As Anakin tasted the dark side and was able (in the end) to walk away.

But he does admit to the Vader mask that he feels the pull to the light and wants "Vader" to show him the dark side. So IDK.

I also like what @Thor_Odinson1 said too.

Kylo being redeemed and working with Luke to bring down Snoke and his new apprentice - Rey could be cool.

Disney do like taking things from star wars from what has already happened, was was drafted to happen and what the EU had to offer - so anything could be on the table.

I think an awkward reunited kinship between Ben and Luke would be interesting to see, and could have some really good character developing moments.

Rey picked up skills to quickly - usually this is a darkside, taking the quick and easy path rather than the one of patience and knowledge. She could easily fall to the darkside and mirror what was in production for Luke in ROTJ.

Also knowing her raw power from TFA and Luke's reaction to her abilities in the trailer for TLJ could make her a powerful and formidable foe indeed.

The only question remains - who are her parents?

I think the story in BF2 may point to Rey, but I hope not. I hop BF2 toons point to Rose or whatever the new female in TLJ is called.

I still think the best scenario of Snoke is that he is Plagueis - and with the whole lightside/darkside parallels going on wouldn't it be interesting if Rey finds Luke's old lightsaber as well as Plagueis' old lightsaber staff???