Convergence and Foresight vs AOE attacks

Had a fleet battle just now that I still managed to win (by the skin of my teeth), despite a mechanic that may or may not have been working as intended. It's the first time I've come across this, but it might be common knowledge.

Here is the scenario:

Me: Executrix, Scimitar, Slave 1, Ghost

Enemy: Endurance, Ghost, Phantom II and Umb. Starfighter

Enemy Ghost and Phantom II had foresight and a few other buffs up from Phantom II's special. Endurance used Convergence for damage immunity. I attacked with my Ghosts AOE to clear his foresight. No damage, attacks were dodged, but the foresight remained.

I was hoping to clear foresight for Slave 1s AOE, but he died right after that (before his turn) so no harm done. I then used Imperial Assault after the Unique buff wore off for the win (despite foresight still being up).

I know Imperial Assault has multiple attacks, so I get why I won, but I'm wondering if the enemy should still retain foresight when attacked, due to Convergence being up.

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    That is interesting question.... I know you can debuff them with damage immunity up.

I would say that since evasion (dodge/deflection) primary has to do with damage that if they are immune to damage then they really can't evade it either.
    Your attack basically becomes a non damaging ability which non damaging abilities that can debuff will debuff without clearing fs.

I would be curious if you could dispel the damage immunity, fs and other buffs and than damage with Ahsoka or 5's.

Definitely curious to see what Dev's think.