Just please, ratchet it down a notch

Full gear 12 CLS / Han / Chaze / R2 with *only* 4 zetas among them. I have one zeta and my arena team isn't even full G11 yet. Have some compassion. Difficult is one thing. Impossible is another. I don't even bother with node 12 half the time anymore to save myself the frustration.

I just emptied my roster into this squad and have one dead R2 and a zero protection Han to show for it. I'm confident this is not what you intended. Until it's rectified my wallet remains closed.

Replies

• Options
    It's actually infuriating at this point. I've got maybe 3 full squads that would be viable in GW. I'm only lvl 78 and I'm facing G11 full Zaul teams or teams with a Barris Zeta. It's literally impossible for me to win. They heal more than my critical damage does and if by some miracle I'm not getting crits, her heal ability just cools down. And that's not even node 12

But we shouldn't complain, they've important stuff to fix first, like the visual bug on training droids that literally nobody noticed or cared about
  • Options
    the ranking system in GW, has been built a while ago, on the power rating ( not GP ) of your top five characters you are using. some of understanding this has been altered, since they moved to their "new power rating" system, which changed the order in which your characters are displayed, but GW still goes off the older system.
    Hence, if you have five characters that are far more powerful then the rest of your roster, you are going to be facing harder teams in 6-9-11-12 then if your roster was more evenly brought up. ( if that makes sense )
    true enough, if they calculated what you faced based on your collection score some how, instead of your top five power rating, it would make things probably much more easier for some people.
    but also reflecting back, when I was still leveling towards 85, there where ALWAYS hump areas in GW, that did not allow me to pass for certain level spreads, as I leveled and geared out my characters. hope this helps explain some mate
  • Options
    @Darklin_Sil I agree with you that there appear to be certain hump areas. My issue is with the fact that two 80k teams likely couldn't beat what I'm seeing at Node 12 (~100k) and the imbalance in zetas + matchups (Barriss + GK) and speed mods makes GW impossible to complete. If someone can take my roster and beat the node 12s that I see (after roster attrition from going through the other 4 to 8 zetas I need to go through) then I would throw my hands up and say 'ok, i'm not very good at this game'. While that may very well be the case, I think it's also likely that Node 12 has some balance issues currently and they're impacting the amount of enjoyment some of us are getting out of the game (and really, they're just slowing down my farming schedule...c'mon already - it's TB time, I need to 7* some random LS toons I'm never going to gear!!)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    @Darklin_Sil I agree with you that there appear to be certain hump areas. My issue is with the fact that two 80k teams likely couldn't beat what I'm seeing at Node 12 (~100k) and the imbalance in zetas + matchups (Barriss + GK) and speed mods makes GW impossible to complete. If someone can take my roster and beat the node 12s that I see (after roster attrition from going through the other 4 to 8 zetas I need to go through) then I would throw my hands up and say 'ok, i'm not very good at this game'. While that may very well be the case, I think it's also likely that Node 12 has some balance issues currently and they're impacting the amount of enjoyment some of us are getting out of the game (and really, they're just slowing down my farming schedule...c'mon already - it's TB time, I need to 7* some random LS toons I'm never going to gear!!)

It's not "currently." This has always been the case. People have been complaining about how impossible GW is since the dawn of time (ok, since the dawn of GW). The problem is, and has always been, that whatever power metric they use has very little to do with the actual effectiveness of a team. Thus if you don't make optimal choices in your own team building, it will still look to the game as though you have a strong team, but since not all "high power" teams are created equal, you won't actually be able to beat the nodes you are given.
  • Options
    @Darklin_Sil Right, and that's what I'm saying is broken. It's simply exacerbated now because of the G12 power creep.

One's ability to finish a GW shouldn't simply be due to the fact they got unlucky and got the GK / Zariss comp they need four G11 tanks and DN to get through or because they got lucky and got a team with only +80 average speed instead of +120. Perhaps the sample size is small, but since TB and G12, I've completed two GWs across two accounts. Prior to that, I would go maybe a month without completing a GW and that was usually because I was sleep walking through node 9 and didn't notice a team get on Node 9.

I have a team with no zetas that will routinely face teams with four on Node 12. I've set my expectations such that a successful GW is now completing Node 11 - it just seems capricious that I need to do so.
  • Options

Link your swgoh.gg
    Might not be able to beat the node with your team......
    But very well may be able to break the node with your roster ^^
  • Options
    Full gear 12 CLS / Han / Chaze / R2 with *only* 4 zetas among them. I have one zeta and my arena team isn't even full G11 yet. Have some compassion. Difficult is one thing. Impossible is another. I don't even bother with node 12 half the time anymore to save myself the frustration.

I just emptied my roster into this squad and have one dead R2 and a zero protection Han to show for it. I'm confident this is not what you intended. Until it's rectified my wallet remains closed.

The empire wishes to crush your soul with galactic war. I feel the pain too. i beat 32/50 and haven't come close in a couple months.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

It's not "currently." This has always been the case. People have been complaining about how impossible GW is since the dawn of time (ok, since the dawn of GW). The problem is, and has always been, that whatever power metric they use has very little to do with the actual effectiveness of a team. Thus if you don't make optimal choices in your own team building, it will still look to the game as though you have a strong team, but since not all "high power" teams are created equal, you won't actually be able to beat the nodes you are given.

Liath, an interesting name for sure. You are either a developer or a troll. When you speak of it being a player issue and "complaining from the beginning of time it is obvious you are oblivious to reality. So when you say it is the players fault, it is simple, you liath.

You try to sound like there is no issue. There is. No matter how belittling you are, no matter how much Peter pan advice you give, it doesn't change reality. Focus on fixing it instead of downplaying the absolute stupidity of what is happening. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make reality disappear, it just prevents you from seeing it. Every time I see some dumb post about suicide squads and the right combinations, it makes me laugh, realizing the devs would rather spend their time on chat boards defending stupidity rather than just fixing it. Maybe I'm too hard on them. Maybe they're not smart enough to figure it out. But there is a definite issue and it is being ignored, belittled and justified instead of being fixed. Stop lying to people. The GW is more f'd now than it has ever been. That is not by design, it is born of ignorance and cultivated by lies.
  • Options
    Tale as old as time... Devs still not listening.
  • Options
    And this is why all my characters are in the same rough range and gear level, why I'm too afraid to boost a team or two up so I can actually unlock some of the top nodes so I can farm other characters, because then GW is going to kick me square in the teeth. Twice in the past couple months, for the first time in probably well over a year, I couldn't beat GW. Wedge lead+biggs+chaze+God knows who else=can't kill em.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Mardowan wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

Liath, an interesting name for sure. You are either a developer or a troll. When you speak of it being a player issue and "complaining from the beginning of time it is obvious you are oblivious to reality. So when you say it is the players fault, it is simple, you liath.

You try to sound like there is no issue. There is. No matter how belittling you are, no matter how much Peter pan advice you give, it doesn't change reality. Focus on fixing it instead of downplaying the absolute **** of what is happening. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make reality disappear, it just prevents you from seeing it. Every time I see some dumb post about suicide squads and the right combinations, it makes me laugh, realizing the devs would rather spend their time on chat boards defending **** rather than just fixing it. Maybe I'm too hard on them. Maybe they're not smart enough to figure it out. But there is a definite issue and it is being ignored, belittled and justified instead of being fixed. Stop lying to people. The GW is more f'd now than it has ever been. That is not by design, it is born of ignorance and cultivated by lies.

What on earth? Did you even read my post? I didn't say there was no issue. In fact, I said there is an issue, and I explained what it is. The power metric they use doesn't accurately account for the strength of teams.

I have no idea what you find "interesting" about the name Liath... It's the name of a main character from Kate Elliott's series Crown of Stars.