Dark Side's return to power

A Dark side Anakin that could gain a lot of offense out of his defense would be awesome and he could also bring the Dark Side back to power
MS

Replies

• Dark Side Anakin is called Darth Vader.
  • He means before he got his limbs chopped off. I mean we DO have nearly every stage of Han Solo just about. One single Darth Vader
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    He means before he got his limbs chopped off. I mean we DO have nearly every stage of Han Solo just about. One single Darth Vader

I am fairly certain that Sidious said "Henceforth you shall be known as Darth.... Vader" before he got his limbs chopped off, so it's still Vader.
  • He means before he got his limbs chopped off. I mean we DO have nearly every stage of Han Solo just about. One single Darth Vader

I am fairly certain that Sidious said "Henceforth you shall be known as Darth.... Vader" before he got his limbs chopped off, so it's still Vader.

This is true. But it's not like they couldn't make some kind of name variant. But I've tossed this idea around in my head for a while now. It would be a great addition, beginning to balance out the wicked new LS meta.
  • R1 Vader works for me
  • A Darth Vader rework is definitely something EA should consider
    MS
  • This is how I think DS Anakin should be:

Basic Ability: Angry Strides
    Deal physical damage to target and attack again if the first one is a critical hit.

Special 1: Relentless Assault
    Deal physical damage to all enemies and gains offense up for 2 turns if an enemy is killed.

Special 2: Staggering Blows
    Deal special damage to target enemy and inflict daze on all enemies. In addition, inflict stagger on target enemy if they have at least one debuff

Leader: Fallen Jedi
    At the beginning of their turns, Sith allies gain 100% evasion and 100% retribution. This is refreshed every time a Jedi is killed

Unique: Fearless Warrior
    Anakin's attacks can't be evaded it countered as long as one of his enemies is debuffed. In addition, all defense buffs on Anakin are converted to offense buffs.

Hope you like this kit and pls post your feedback
    MS
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    This is how I think DS Anakin should be:

Basic Ability: Angry Strides
    Deal physical damage to target and attack again if the first one is a critical hit.

Special 1: Relentless Assault
    Deal physical damage to all enemies and gains offense up for 2 turns if an enemy is killed.

Special 2: Staggering Blows
    Deal special damage to target enemy and inflict daze on all enemies. In addition, inflict stagger on target enemy if they have at least one debuff

Leader: Fallen Jedi
    At the beginning of their turns, Sith allies gain 100% evasion and 100% retribution. This is refreshed every time a Jedi is killed

Unique: Fearless Warrior
    Anakin's attacks can't be evaded it countered as long as one of his enemies is debuffed. In addition, all defense buffs on Anakin are converted to offense buffs.

Hope you like this kit and pls post your feedback

Like it, except leader, in my opinion he should have two uniques, not the leader ability, like anakin has 50% counter chance if attacked by jedi (stacks until 100%), after he has 100% counter, he gains def up 50% everytime he's attacked(stacking 200%) after he has +200% def, he gains of up 50% every turn, with additional of up he gains burning debuff, that cant be dispelled and slowly damages him throughout the encounter, though he can be healed, but he is immune to other negative effects.
    This should leave annie at 100% counter chance, tenacity, and 250% offense... And stacking :S
  • That's a good idea, it would make him stronger against the rebels. Maybe a lead under Vader or Palpatine could strengthen him more!
    MS
  • And if they did come out with a new Vader they could come out with a new clone too but it would be a ds clone. I made up a kit for a ds anakin a while back but never posted it. I made one for a ds clone trooper too. I'll post here if wanted
  • And if they did come out with a new Vader they could come out with a new clone too but it would be a ds clone. I made up a kit for a ds anakin a while back but never posted it. I made one for a ds clone trooper too. I'll post here if wanted

Definetely! It would be awsome to see your thoughts on characters. I personally wish to see a ds trooper in the game! ☺
    MS
  • Fallen-Knight Anakin

Eviscerate
    Basic
    Deal special damage to target and steal 3% protection.
    If enemy is buffed, attack again and gain 10% turnmeter.
    If enemy is a jedi or rebel, attack again and remove 10% turnmeter from enemy.
    Attacks after the first deal -25% damage

Power of the darkside
    Special 5 turn cooldown
    'steal' one random ability from target enemy, reset the cooldown, and allow anakin to use it once in lieu of this ability. Disable the target from using this ability until Anakin uses it first.
    If it is an offensive ability:
    +10% damage, potency, accuracy.
    If it is a support ability:
    +5% heal, protection recovery, turnmeter.

Force-choke
    Special
    5 turn cooldown
    Remove 100% turnmeter from target enemy. Anakin then distributes 30% of the amount lost to each ally, and stuns enemy for two turns, dealing 10% of their maximum health as damage each turn while stunned.
    If this stun expires prematurely; inflict daze, speed down, health down, defense down, offense down, and expose on target for 2 turns each. These effects cannot be resisted.

Parry
    Unique
    Anakin has a 25% chance to parry incoming damage back to the attacker, including any debuffs.
    This chance is doubled against rebels and jedi.

Uncontrolled rage
    Unique
    Anakin gains +10 speed, +1000 health, +1000 protection, +50 offense, +10 defense, +5% potency, +5% tenacity, and +5% health-steal for each defeated enemy.
    Double these amounts for each defeated ally.

• Nikarah wrote: »
    Fallen-Knight Anakin

Eviscerate
    Basic

Power of the darkside
    Special 5 turn cooldown
    'steal' one random ability from target enemy, reset the cooldown, and allow anakin to use it once in lieu of this ability. Disable the target from using this ability until Anakin uses it first.

Force-choke
    Special
    5 turn cooldown
    Remove 100% turnmeter from target enemy. Anakin then distributes 30% of the amount lost to each ally, and stuns enemy for two turns, dealing 10% of their maximum health as damage each turn while stunned.
    If this stun expires prematurely; inflict daze, speed down, health down, defense down, offense down, and expose on target for 2 turns each. These effects cannot be resisted.

Parry
    Unique
    Anakin has a 25% chance to parry incoming damage back to the attacker, including any debuffs.

Uncontrolled rage
    Unique
    Anakin gains +10 speed, +1000 health, +1000 protection, +50 offense, +10 defense, +5% potency, +5% tenacity, and +5% health-steal for each defeated enemy.

That's a great kit! I only wish to see an ability were he attacks all enemies, with the same animation of how he killed the younglings and separists:

Special: Relentless Attacks (Cooldowns: 6)
    Attacks all enemies and attacks them again for each debuff they have. For each critical hit, the Cooldown is refreshed by 1 and Anakin gains 5% turn meter. He also stuns the target if all attacks are a critical hit. (Zeta)
    MS
  • I created a teamwide attack basic idea for jango.
    Attacks all enemies, high damage variance. Cannot critical hit enemies above 75% health, but guaranteed critixal against enemies below 75% health. I thought it was creative.
  • That would like great, and if it did come in the game, it might even bring huge devastating damage to the meta
    MS
  • Reworked Vader just needs a Unique ability that increases the Potency of all team debuffs and makes it impossible to cleanse debuffs. Kind of the way R2's impossible to Dodge AoE flame attacked ended the Zaul meta. That and let him hit for 40k like CLS.
  • SharkMilkk
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Nikarah wrote: »
    Fallen-Knight Anakin

Eviscerate
    Basic

Power of the darkside
    Special 5 turn cooldown

Force-choke
    Special
    5 turn cooldown

Parry
    Unique

Uncontrolled rage
    Unique

This is perfect, maybe lower the cooldowns a little or have a way for him use at least one more frequently!
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @SharkMilkk
    Yeah...he only has 2 special abilities, both with long Cooldowns, but they are both very, very, very deadly skills. his main power is in punishing those who attack him, but also teams that end up leaving him alive too long. I didnt give him an AOE, because i felt parry would be too powerful if i did. If he ends up in a 1v1 end of match situation, he will be at;
    +120 speed
    +12,000 hp
    +12,000 protection
    +600 offense
    +120 defense
    +60% potency
    +60% tenacity
    +60% health-steal

(Looking at that, i may have to balance it out, but.....1v1s dont happen often.)

...with a 25% chance of returning the attack, 50% for jedi\rebel

This is NOT a character you want to 'deal with later'
    And he would BREAK CLS, without a strong damage based team. No more of this burying CLS behind 2 tanks, a healer, and a stealther type nonsense and letting a wretched AI auto attack and retaliate its way to a #1 spot.

For that matter; 'power of the darkside' would also ruin the 'bury nihilus' teams as well; if he can target it through a window of taunts being down, hes got a 50% shot at stealing annihilate; making nihil totally useless.
    In short; he wrecks 1-hit-wonder teams. You best have a quality team and know how to use it.

Edit
    Nikarah wrote: »
    Uncontrolled rage
    Unique
    Anakin gains +5 speed, +1000 health, +1000 protection, +50 offense, +5% potency, +5% tenacity, and +5% health-steal for each defeated enemy.
    He also suffers -10 defense and -5% accuracy for each defeated character, up to -30 defense and -15% accuracy.

It was too powerful.
    At max stacks this now gives him:
    +60 speed
    +12,000 hp
    +12,000 protection
    +600 offense
    +60% potency
    +60% tenacity
    +60% health-steal
    -30 defense
    -15% accuracy

At 2 allies + 2 enemies defeated, which is a reasonable gauge, it gives him:

+30 speed
    +6000 hp
    +6000 protection
    +300 offense
    +30% potency
    +30% tenacity
    +30% health-steal
    -30 armor
    -15% accuracy
    Post edited by Nikarah on
  • I think your rework on Uncontrolled Rage was ok, but it still should be a bit more. CLS is almost immortal with Call to Action. I guess Anakin could attempt to steal it and try to stop Luke from using it until he's dead!
    MS
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Exactly. If fallen Anakin ends up 1v1 with any kind of even partially ok cooldowns, its game over. Force choke, then power of the darkside. One of CLS' only 2 ACTUAL ABILITIES is going to either be used, or locked. And keep in mind, parry is NOT retaliate. CLS' own hits and ridiculous damage would be coming back to him...but only at 50% chance...but we see what 50% looks like to 'rebetaliate'.
  • Yeah! Hope EA sees your kit and actually use it.
    MS
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Yeah! Hope EA sees your kit and actually use it.

Darkside hope dies on the forums lol, Grevious is testament to that and the sheer overwhelming mass distribution of OPness on the lightside with Rebels. It's uncanny how drastically they stacked it in their favor.
  • Tothebar
    119 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Let's just rework Vader to counter CLS with "You are not a Jedi yet" unique that removes all buffs from enemies and adds them to allies at the start of Vader turn. Force choke insta Kills enemy. Also add 50% evasion, strength, and health.
  • Tothebar wrote: »
    Let's just rework Vader to counter CLS with "You are not a Jedi yet" unique that removes all buffs from enemies and adds them to allies at the start of Vader turn. Force choke insta Kills enemy. Also add 50% evasion, strength, and health.

Will never happen. The only way we will see this never ending time and time again Rebel meta stop is if they screw up at the keyboard and switch some numbers. It will only be by accident and then they will patch it like a day later once they realize their precious lightside isn't game genie enough.
  • Tothebar wrote: »

Since a light side too or rebel can't insta kill yet, I doubt they will focus on another DS insta kill ability. It's a miracle that DN's Anhialate was actually made.
    MS