CLS unlock at 7*

I'm probably gonna come across as bitter but I wonder why he is the ONLY character in the game that you had to unlock at 7*?

Forget the fact that the game is so Light Side focussed, that there's so many Rebel characters, he's so overpowered and in 48/50 of my top 50 arena teams and that his Zeta's are completely overpowered too.

Every other toon you could unlock at a lower star grade, I've had to invest in Phoenix so I can get Thrawn then into Luke FB and Ben to get CLS, I didnt even have Ben unlocked and the event passed to quick for me.

I was only around a top 30 player, now I wake up each morning to see myself in 145th and trying to battle back to get into a 90th place finish.

Replies

• Because they wanted him to be special.
  • I have no problems with CLS, as he is the central character for the original movie, episodes 4-9 and most of Star Wars. And he holds the title For most Death Stars destroyed in the galaxy.

I just wish Vader ( who is equally iconic ) was as powerful in the game as CLS is
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Special is fine, but that doesn't really answer my question. Why was he the only that was on,y unlocked at 7*. If you look at Thrawn you had to have a similar character requirement but you could still unlock him at a lower level.

I think they will have alienated a lot of players who either concentrate on DS characters or just didn't or haven't had time to unlock the required characters, which was/is not easy!

Having one character turn the game in its head when you already have the other most iconic character such as Vader doing absolutely nothing to balance is ridiculous.

It's fairly simple, if you didn't unlock CLS, you can't compete right now!!

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    It's the only answer there is, and it's basically what the Devs said. If he unlocked at 5* he would be just like every other "legendary" character. They wanted him to be beyond the others in what it takes to obtain him and in the power he brings, not exactly the same as 4 other characters. He is also the only one that requires 5 *specific* characters to get. (Thrawn is the closest, but you have 6 options for those 5 slots, and even that is only a function of there not being a lot of Phoenix - if they added more in the future for whatever reason you would be able to use those too. Not so for CLS.)
  • I have no problems with CLS, as he is the central character for the original movie, episodes 4-9 and most of Star Wars. And he holds the title For most Death Stars destroyed in the galaxy.

I just wish Vader ( who is equally iconic ) was as powerful in the game as CLS is

Yeah vader should be a cls counter, especially since in the movie he defeated cls pretty easily and in the game cls is beats vader like ez pz
  • I'm still new to this game so I didn't get CLS first time around, but I like that he unlocks at 7. Correct me if I'm wrong but technically that means you only pay 100 credits and have him 7*.
    I know it's significantly more when you include the characters you need to get him in the first place but this is the same with other legendaries.

Wedge holds that title. At least, he's the only character that made two death star attack runs. Luke was inside the second one. You could argue that Luke, Wedge, Lando, and Nien Nunb share the title, but I'd say Wedge wins with one kill and one assist.
  • Do you know how many credits you will need to unlock him?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Bonk1780 wrote: »
    Do you know how many credits you will need to unlock him?

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    100?

No thanks, I'll pass.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bonk1780 wrote: »
    Do you know how many credits you will need to unlock him?

MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • I have no problems with CLS, as he is the central character for the original movie, episodes 4-9 and most of Star Wars. And he holds the title For most Death Stars destroyed in the galaxy.s

Tied with Lando Calrissian (with a Assist from Wedge), Poe Dameron (Starkiller, Disney fanfic), and Kyp Durron (DS prototype on the Maw cluster on Canon)