2Next

Replies

• Yuri wrote: »
    Lol you faced my team xD

Sorry that I had to tear it into pieces lol

• SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Having a properly geared n starred GS early with sid n lumi jc farmed increases your gw success tremendously.

Only trick I see of value is kill high dps or heal block first.

Abuse normal attacks for the last toon to let your cooldowns refresh.

Of cos if u are under starred or lack dps GW is a pain. Cos being able to dps a toon that is a big threat down asap is what let's u clear GW consistently.

Of cos there are crazy opponents but it really depends on how u farmed from the beginning.

AI does not always play optimally. So it can be manipulated like wasting heals when u have heal block on one of their toons

Lumi sid 7* GS 6* QGJ 5* JC 4*

Still lvl 61 only though
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for shared information, this is helpful.

Still, we are waiting for a pic of a 70 7* team featuring Dooku, Sid, Kylo and GS. The fifth is anyone from the list of Daka, Leia, QGJ, Yoda, Rey or Poe. So far you are facing Chewbakka and 4* Jawa instead, which, in my understanding, is not a very hard to beat opposition.

In general, it would also be very much appreciated if you could please also put the pictures that feature teams where all 5 characters are at level 70 and 7 stars (because that is what everyone is facing at EVERY node starting from node 3 or 4 onwards)

I can't decide what teams they throw at me so I guess we have to wait for it. I usually face much tougher teams but just not today. When I do meet them I will post the photos.

I did encounter the tougher teams as you described but with so many tools at my disposal, I have no problem with them at all. Perhaps if you let me know what team you are having trouble with I might be able to help.

Also if you encounter maxed teams at node 3 it doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the nodes are all difficult. Sometimes it gets easier toward the end

Great, then please post other strong teams as you come by. In terms of difficulties that I, for one, face - more or less very fast high-dps teams as described above, with occasional inclusion of lower caliber 7* toons as Opress or Phasma.

Last two days I was able to complete it, but the day before that didn't manage. So it's very challenging.

Fast DPS teams are tricky but totally manageable.

Rule No1 don't bring Jedi to battle against the fast DPS team with Dooku on it.

What you can do is use your B team and concentrate on Dooku, even if your whole team gets wiped out it's worth it to get rid of Dooku and Sid if you can.

Then you can bring out your Jedi healers to fight the rest.

Rule No2 GS owns Rey and pilot. Sid owns Rey. Rey owns pilot.

GS can one shot Rey and pilot so you need GS for those tough teams. Sid's AOE will decrease Rey's damage output. Rey can one shot pilot.

So when you see your enemies lineup just use the counter characters.

Well, thanks for advise, but the problem is lack of characters to implement. Maybe I am not completely f2p (have purchased two subscriptions in total), but there is no Rey or Pilot at my disposal. Only 6 chars are good enough to be viable for arena rank 1 contest. Rest is very much understarred/underlevelled.

It takes time to farm and generate cash to level/promote, even with 2 cantina refreshes and several regular refreshes per day (which are possible thanks to consistent 400-500 crystal arena rewards and 100 from crystal subscription).

I think that by the time the second Yoda event comes, I will be well positioned, but for the time being, it's more like A team, 1 or 2 substitutes and the rest as placeholders (say, a variety of lvl40-50 chars at 3-4 stars). With that said, so far I managed only 32 GW wins, though my count of top 5 arena finishes is higher
  • DarthThai wrote: »
    So if you spend $300+ it should be easy to beat. I'm ranked 50 - 100 in Arena, with my highest rank ever at 40. F2P except 21 day sub of crystals. I usually beat GW 6 times a week, but my opponents tend to be a lot worse than what you've got up here. I have easy days occasionally, but most are a fight to get to the last chest. Here is most of my GW yesterday:

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-00-50-25_zpsi4f97pdy.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-03-19_zpsykwplhmw.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-06-59_zps0ejf0jav.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-10-15_zps2zrpqokg.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-13-22_zpsiwpl4tfn.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-17-53_zps8szrqynl.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-15-01-20-49_zps2tw71px0.png

I ended up beating it, mainly because I have a deep bench, but I've had worse days, particularly when I wasn't at cap:

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-01-28-01-41-03_zpsoez2mizm.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-13-01-04-38_zpsjcocmfl9.png

http://i410.photobucket.com/albums/pp188/whateverwhatever/Screenshot_2016-02-13-03-00-43_zpsdzk7ajvz.png

I saw your pictures and I'm confident that my Lumi team can beat 9 of the 12 teams you faced without any replacement.

Do you use a steady lineup or switch around for the Gw?

• SpeedWeed wrote: »

Still lvl 61 only though

You got a fun time ahead you once you start getting up to L63ish...facing L70 7* teams, sometimes back-to-back. It's a grind until you reach cap, then you can complete almost every day, usually. But, getting over that hump is challenging. Let us know how it goes.

Especially with a Jedi heavy team, get used to seeing this a lot, but swap their team for yours:

Screenshot_2016-02-13-16-29-31_zpsw8ncjbk4.png
  • Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Thanks a lot for shared information, this is helpful.

Still, we are waiting for a pic of a 70 7* team featuring Dooku, Sid, Kylo and GS. The fifth is anyone from the list of Daka, Leia, QGJ, Yoda, Rey or Poe. So far you are facing Chewbakka and 4* Jawa instead, which, in my understanding, is not a very hard to beat opposition.

In general, it would also be very much appreciated if you could please also put the pictures that feature teams where all 5 characters are at level 70 and 7 stars (because that is what everyone is facing at EVERY node starting from node 3 or 4 onwards)

I can't decide what teams they throw at me so I guess we have to wait for it. I usually face much tougher teams but just not today. When I do meet them I will post the photos.

I did encounter the tougher teams as you described but with so many tools at my disposal, I have no problem with them at all. Perhaps if you let me know what team you are having trouble with I might be able to help.

Also if you encounter maxed teams at node 3 it doesn't necessarily mean the rest of the nodes are all difficult. Sometimes it gets easier toward the end

Great, then please post other strong teams as you come by. In terms of difficulties that I, for one, face - more or less very fast high-dps teams as described above, with occasional inclusion of lower caliber 7* toons as Opress or Phasma.

Last two days I was able to complete it, but the day before that didn't manage. So it's very challenging.

What you can do is use your B team and concentrate on Dooku, even if your whole team gets wiped out it's worth it to get rid of Dooku and Sid if you can.

Then you can bring out your Jedi healers to fight the rest.

Rule No2 GS owns Rey and pilot. Sid owns Rey. Rey owns pilot.

GS can one shot Rey and pilot so you need GS for those tough teams. Sid's AOE will decrease Rey's damage output. Rey can one shot pilot.

So when you see your enemies lineup just use the counter characters.

Well, thanks for advise, but the problem is lack of characters to implement. Maybe I am not completely f2p (have purchased two subscriptions in total), but there is no Rey or Pilot at my disposal. Only 6 chars are good enough to be viable for arena rank 1 contest. Rest is very much understarred/underlevelled.

It takes time to farm and generate cash to level/promote, even with 2 cantina refreshes and several regular refreshes per day (which are possible thanks to consistent 400-500 crystal arena rewards and 100 from crystal subscription).

I think that by the time the second Yoda event comes, I will be well positioned, but for the time being, it's more like A team, 1 or 2 substitutes and the rest as placeholders (say, a variety of lvl40-50 chars at 3-4 stars)

Can you send me your roster through private message? Maybe we can figure something out
  • SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    DarthThai wrote: »
    SpeedWeed wrote: »

Still lvl 61 only though

You got a fun time ahead you once you start getting up to L63ish...facing L70 7* teams, sometimes back-to-back. It's a grind until you reach cap, then you can complete almost every day, usually. But, getting over that hump is challenging. Let us know how it goes.

Especially with a Jedi heavy team, get used to seeing this a lot, but swap their team for yours:

Screenshot_2016-02-13-16-29-31_zpsw8ncjbk4.png

Thanks for the heads up. I look forward to it.

My arena has just one very noticeable whale at 26k plus power lvl 70 7*

There is only about 10 players active during arena rank reward time.

Have hit rank 2 but I have very few toons starred above 4*

I also only farmed for the cookie cutter team from the start so they are geared nicely.

( my tin foil speculation is that they look at arena rank n total team power/stars )

Dooku and daka phasma mace have not been activated as I m still praying to RNGesus for bronzium pull to save shards.

I openly admit GW has been easy for me.

I only failed 1 GW.

For the past 10 days. GW takes me 15-20 mins to clear.

I am not f2p so I had the advantage of poe unlocked from chromium. Bought 2 x 8 chromium packs. Besides poe rest were shards. N no full toons except for RG -.-

so during the POE is too good phase. I managed to beat the teams I shouldn't have.

But I stopped using POE once I unlocked QGJ. I used him at 2 star with ig86 in and out. They died often. POE has been parked at 4* and swopped in for the OP opponents.

I think the server u are on is important.

I seen people who faced crazy opponents.

But I think my arena server n my poe pull from chromium really gave me the mileage i needed.

I do feel for the ppl who consistently face tough opponents in GW

I will definitely update in here once I hit a wall.

• It's called luck. Give me a run that easy, please.

FYI: I've completed it every day but once since the end of December, but the arrogance of some people, who assume to tell others that it's easy when they clearly get by on luck, astounds me.
  • It's called luck. Give me a run that easy, please.

FYI: I've completed it every day but once since the end of December, but the arrogance of some people, who assume to tell others that it's easy when they clearly get by on luck, astounds me.

Yup luck and I spent some money. ;)

We all do the same thing. Try to game the same RNG.

I still see the its easy everyone can do it ( then they mention they spent some money )

It's called luck. Give me a run that easy, please.

I still see the its easy everyone can do it ( then they mention they spent some money )

I complete it every day but I'd never say it's easy. I'd love to see the OP face 8 7*, level 70, fully geared up teams in 1 run and still tell me it's easy. With a roster of 33 and 90% of them 3* and lower than level 50 it's far from easy.
  • I think a lot of it might also have to do with the server you live on. I'm not saying the OP's strategy doesn't work, it's just that "your mileage may vary". Yesterday I made it to node 12 and couldn't win as my squad was too beat up. And that's ok!

Today I'm on node 7 and team is mostly 7* gear 7 or 8. So today was a "nope!" Day for me in GW lol

I also had my arena rank trashed overnight from low 400's to 737, so I'm not quite sure the rank has anything to do with the difficulty of the battles.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member

This is pretty much what almost everybody does, I think. It works well. There is one problem, though. ÇThe bolded part.

If your "side" of the matchmaking system gives you consistently easy fights, this is the solution. But those who face 7 teams like that each GW, need to wipe out their B, C, D, E, F, G and H teams. And that's the part were everybody start pulling their hair and get frustrated and came to the forum to vent.

It's not obvious at first glance for those of us that got blessed with the easy part of GW, by whatever reasons the matchmaking system decided to bless us. But for those who face really strong teams from node 6 and beyond, sacrificing a B team is only a temporary solution. You probably won't have 6-7 extra teams to toss against the GW as sacrificial gambits.

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Your particular experience may not be exactly the same as everyone else. I'm currently playing two accounts and I notice differences between them. On some days I can complete, on others I just can't. I've read, researched, retreated hundreds of time till a favourable outcome is reached but on occasions no matter what I do it just result in not being able to complete. After three plus hours of frustration I would just wait till reset (midnight) and restart.
    It's called luck. Give me a run that easy, please.

I complete it every day but I'd never say it's easy. I'd love to see the OP face 8 7*, level 70, fully geared up teams in 1 run and still tell me it's easy. With a roster of 33 and 90% of them 3* and lower than level 50 it's far from easy.

I been lucky. I also spent money on chrom at lvl 1

I also recall buying jc shard with my crystals lmao