Gear Crunch - Gear Heist

ok I know I'm beating a dead horse here, but the gear Crunch has gone from challenging hard to ridiculously hard.

I have 70 characters that need at least 1 Full Carbanti mkIII
Assuming I get 1 per week from challenge (and that is an optimistic assumption) , it will take over a year to pass that wall (not counting new toons)

With territory battles, there are sooo many characters that need gearing now, when one could just ignore them before.

Can we get a Gear Heist already ?

Please and thank you.
@CG_Kozispoon
I choose the Red Pill.

Replies

• Flash events were apart of this I believe, probably no new ones due to the content update recently. Probably gonna be a FO or Resistance one with the film coming soon
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    To be fair, that dead horse had it comming, he's kind of an a hool.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • The problem now is that they dont need one, they all need 3 or 4 or 8. So youre 70 us more like 210... so at one per week, you can keep farming for over 4 years and still be on those carbantii. Let us not discuss stun cuff and stun gun ;)
  • "Hey guys.. u don't involve me??" :smiley:

said person named mk3 sienar holo

:astonished:
  • Actually 1 per week is the bare minimum - you get the total of 15 sims, each one gives you 3 at least so 45, 1 request from your guildmates and you're done.

With that being said, it's not gear heist that is needed, what we need is for new characters to use gear we have 1000+ pieces of. Yes it will be bad in the beginning as everyone will have them at g11 in 10 minutes or less, but eventually we will also start needing this gear. The only difference is, we will now be able to work on 2 heroes at once, instead of 1, because they all want carbs.
  • It would help if the TAK challenge drop some usefull like mk3 sienar holo
  • there is no way a new player catch up with those gear requirements, i can understand gear 10-11-12 will be harder , but even gearing 7-8 -9 are painfull sometimes.
  • Yep, with g12 farming now it's even more difficult to get to farm gear you need, yes it was said that a F2P had to make choices, but to need months to upgrade a toon to g12 it's gonna make it such a chore that many will stop playing and then whales will get bored of not having to fight anyone, there should be a balance.

Truth said I still have hope on devs, everytime they made new gear, they made it easier to get older gear so I would expect in the coming weeks some sort of update that would give us cuffs, guns, holoprojectors and so on, so it's easier to farm toons to g11
  • +1 for anything, ANYTHING to make the grind better. Heck I'd dump some of my characters for gear!
  • Oh where oh where have the flash events have gone... oh where oh where can they be?
    Remember - flash events were hyped to ease the gear crunch. They have been inconsistent.
    Gear crunch is terrible for many reasons.
    A gear heist is a splendid idea but I'm also afraid we will get more of the same challenge gear from them. Binoculars and mk 4 stun guns.

I would love to try different teams in different areas of the game but so many toons are held back by piece in gear 7-8....carbs, guns, cuffs.

Then more of the same 9-10. Then there's a hold up of the biotech implants shield generators.

Aforementioned rewards can drop in rancor and aat. But I'm loaded with mk 4 carbs. Or those binoculars from challenges.

I think it's safe to expect the same for tb. People have been talking about gear since pre craft and probably before.

The only thing I have seen devs answer about it has been flash events. But now they need to be looked over. I don't understand what needs to be looked at. All the gear needed is what we need in flash events.