Platoon Requirements

Prev13456712
Looking for a dev response about whether or not non-FTP characters, new ewoks, tie reaper, falcon, are going to be required for platoons again or if this issue was fixed?

@CG_Kozispoon

Replies

• Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I have watched the videos, and think I have a pretty decent idea about how TB is going to work. But have some questions about the platoon missions.

1. In @MobileGamer365 video, @CG_Dan says CLS will not be needed in the platoon missions. And units required for special missions in that phase also won't be included. What about current P2W toons: Fulcrum and the new Ewoks? And how long will be held off on adding other new characters to the platoons? What about other rare toons like Urrorrurruruur or Lobot: will these be required less often than more common toons? Or is it uniformly distributed?

2. If I understood the vids correctly, then there will also be platoon missions for fleets. However, there are far less ships than there are characters. Will the fleet platoons also require 15 ships (and max 10 per guild member)? And is it possible they'll require Millennium Falcon, Kylo's Shuttle and Tie Reaper? Or have they been removed from the pool.

3. Is each toon required required at most once? Or could two different platoons within the same mission require the same character: in other words, if Lobot is required for Platoon 1, might he also be required for Platoon 3 (or even, all 6 platoons), or will Lobot be required at most once (and thus at most twice per phase: once for each platoon mission)?

4. Will there be gear requirements for the Platoon missions? Or only stars (in other words, is it okay to only 7* Urrorururur, or will whoever the poor shmuck in charge of obtaining him also have to give him significant gear)?

How this works exactly will influence how our guild will need to allocate farm to prepare, as well as how we will coordinate the battles.

• I know from watching warriors vid that for question 3 you could need the same toon for multiple platoons
  • 1. The toons that are required for the other missions in the phase will be excluded from Platoons like CLS and the Hoth bros.

4. I didn't see any gear requirements, only stars so it would be prudent to assign the lowest power toons possible. Don't take it as gospel, it's just what I saw from the videos.
  • I didn't understand another thing. In the deployment it is explained that you are basically "converting" your existing characters into points for your guild score. Now, when you do so, obviously you can't use those characters again, but is that only for the specific territory(you know the first 3) and then you can use it in the next 3 territories, or is it for the entire map? So I deploy my heroes and when 12h pass and the next territory comes, I can't use them?
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I know from watching warriors vid that for question 3 you could need the same toon for multiple platoons
    Okay, looked at it closely, and yeah. Can even require the same character multiple times in a single platoon. So is there a maximum? I saw some of the new Ewoks used multiple times.

I also looked at ships. It does need 15 ships per platoon, and I didn't see **** or Tie Reaper. I did see Gauntlet Starfighter, and the Phoenix ships (but these are easier to get).

And another question: if you can complete Platoon 6, but haven't completed 1, does that count? Or do you have to complete them in order? I think there is a part where Warrior has level 5/6 on the mission with platoons 1-4 and 6 completed, but not 5. So it seems to be that way. That seems like good news, and means you should probably start by trying to complete the last platoons rather than the first (for more TP).

Re: @Crazylazyguy every 12 hours your entire roster refreshes for use in the next phase. So you cannot deploy one character to two different territories during the same phase, but after 12 hours they are all available again.
  • Fleet platoons definitely won't require Kylo's Command Shuttle, Falcon, Cassian, etc, because I'd wager less than 1% of the playerbase even has those ships, and they'd never get away with that.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    Fleet platoons definitely won't require Kylo's Command Shuttle, Falcon, Cassian, etc, because I'd wager less than 1% of the playerbase even has those ships, and they'd never get away with that.

I searched the top guys a while back and not a single one had the falcon
    Fleet platoons definitely won't require Kylo's Command Shuttle, Falcon, Cassian, etc, because I'd wager less than 1% of the playerbase even has those ships, and they'd never get away with that.

Yes because they've never made something a requirement that most people don't have then released a bunch of packs offering those requirements. There by essentially forcing people to buy those packs. Yep that's never happened before.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    1. In @MobileGamer365 video, @CG_Dan says CLS will not be needed in the platoon missions. And units required for special missions in that phase also won't be included. What about current P2W toons: Fulcrum and the new Ewoks? And how long will be held off on adding other new characters to the platoons? What about other rare toons like Urrorrurruruur or Lobot: will these be required less often than more common toons? Or is it uniformly distributed?
    AhnaldT101's video shows Paploo and Logray in platoon missions at the 9:35 mark.
    2. If I understood the vids correctly, then there will also be platoon missions for fleets. However, there are far less ships than there are characters. Will the fleet platoons also require 15 ships (and max 10 per guild member)? And is it possible they'll require Millennium Falcon, Kylo's Shuttle and Tie Reaper? Or have they been removed from the pool.
    Ship platoon missions also require 15 ships.
    3. Is each toon required required at most once? Or could two different platoons within the same mission require the same character: in other words, if Lobot is required for Platoon 1, might he also be required for Platoon 3 (or even, all 6 platoons), or will Lobot be required at most once (and thus at most twice per phase: once for each platoon mission)?
    Not only can the same character be required more than once, it can be required more than once in the same squad. The same video and timestamp I referenced in question 1 also shows two Jawas in the same platoon squad. There were 3 Kanans and 3 Sabines found within just the first two platoon squads in his video.
    4. Will there be gear requirements for the Platoon missions? Or only stars (in other words, is it okay to only 7* Urrorururur, or will whoever the poor shmuck in charge of obtaining him also have to give him significant gear)?
    Just stars, not level/gear.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I mostly wonder if Deploying a ship in a territory means you can't Deploy the pilot someplace else...
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I mostly wonder if Deploying a ship in a territory means you can't Deploy the pilot someplace else...
    One of the videos says they are independent of each other. Only your Toon's ship power affects the ship, not the actual pilot.

Can someone reference which video that was? Thanks.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I mostly wonder if Deploying a ship in a territory means you can't Deploy the pilot someplace else...
    One of the videos says they are independent of each other. Only your Toon's ship power affects the ship, not the actual pilot.

I think it was the CG_Dan commenting in MobileGamer's video.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • The Ewoks in there is interesting, since they are still a ways from being available.

I searched the top guys a while back and not a single one had the falcon

One guy has 7* Falcon and another 4* on my shard.
  • The Ewoks in there is interesting, since they are still a ways from being available.

4 Ewoks have been available since 2015...
  • Loose_Lee wrote: »
    The Ewoks in there is interesting, since they are still a ways from being available.

4 Ewoks have been available since 2015...

I'm okay if they need old ewoks.. but if it need specific ewoks, the new ewoks.. well :rage:
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

It was mobilegamer's with the dev. The dev explicitly stated that ships are considered a completely separate "toon" from their pilot when considering battles/deployment/platoons etc. AKA you can use your pilots elsewhere..
  • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle can be required in ship platoons. Ship platoons also only require 3* ships up to phase 3, but this jumps to 7* in phase 4.

Look at Warrior's "EXCLUSIVE !!! Complete Territory Battles Strategy Guide with exclusive footage!!" video at 52:18 to see Kylo Ren's ship in a platoon.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Oh kitten. You're right. That is messed up.

Screencap:
    4Atonzo.png

I guess that means the Falcon and Tie Reaper are going to be in there too. Kiss maxing ship platoon missions goodbye, I guess.
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Slyfox
    34 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Phase 6, requires 7 star everything for platoon missions. Only the guilds with the oldest deepest rosters will get a chance at getting lvl 3 power ups.

Phase 5&6 is also tuned for G12. So no easy mode to 3 stars in those phases. Your current maxed gear 11s wont survive more than 4 waves in combat missions without serious rng, stuns, tm control, daze and resists.

Those platoon missions bonuses will be critical to get you to eek out a win in phase 5&6 so getting those done first will be the goal.

Happy catching them all.
  • We are trying to organize our TB effort by getting an overview of how many of the rare toons the guild have. To that end it is useful to know how many times a toon/ship can be needed in the same phase. - And are all toons equal when it comes to this?

This will require a bit of data collecting, so please share the platoon info you find and post then like this:
    Bistan (7*): 4 + 2 + CM
    - meaning that the demand of Bistan with 7 stars was 4 in the middle (north in phase 2) Platoon mission and 2 in the southern one AND he was needed for a CM (as a R1 toon).

Not all toons are of interest, some toons all guilds will have available in large numbers, like Jedi Consular or ST Han. I have made a list of the toons the is most critical, either because they are hard to get, horrible or used in other parts of the TB. This ranking is highly subjective and guild depended - so feel free to include other toons as well :)
    A: Not / just recently farmable (also hard to get Ships)
    • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum)
    • Captain Han Solo
    • Hermit Yoda
    • Logray
    • Paploo
    • Rebel Officer Leia Organa
    • Wicket
    • Cassian's U-wing
    • Millennium Falcon (Ep VII)
    • Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle
    • Gauntlet Starfighter
    • TIE Reaper
    • Phantom II
    • Ghost
    • Rex's ARC-170
    • Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter

B - Hard to get and widely used
    • Baze Malbus
    • Chirrut Îmwe
    • Commander Luke Skywalker
    • General Kenobi

C: Toons no one should be forced to farm ;) (also hard to get ships that are really useful)
    • Bistan
    • Bodhi Rook
    • Cassian Andor
    • Chief Chirpa
    • Coruscant Underworld Police
    • Dathcha
    • Eeth Koth
    • Ewok Scout
    • Jedi Knight Guardian
    • Jyn Erso
    • K-2SO
    • Kit Fisto
    • Lobot
    • Pao
    • Plo Koon
    • Scarif Rebel Pathfinder
    • Ugnaught
    • Bistan's U-wing
    • TIE Advanced x1
    • Sun Fac's Geonosian Starfighter
    • Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter
    • Geonosian Spy's Starfighter
    • Poe Dameron's X-wing
    • Clone Sergeant's ARC-170
    • Resistance X-wing
  • Reserved for data B)
  • Twin
    527 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I applaud what you are trying to do and patterns will emerge but you are going a bit overboard.

1. You list 45 characters of "interest", way to many points to track/be useful for TB where you are trying to herd 50 cats. A lot of those are not even rare/difficult to get, pretty much characters in the GW or Cantina and even Arena Store should be common/covered, the hard node characters will most likely be the rarer ones. You also mention Hermit Yoda which I don't think has appeared in any platoon. Now obviously this is really situational depending on the veterancy of the players/guild, newer guilds will have more gaps...

2. Just a suggestion but your "format" is a bit complicated to get the data you want. Just ask for what was the highest #s you have seen for what character, what character. Which characters stopped you most from completing a platoon. Yes there is a pattern where toons are, Phase 5 had a whole bottom row of phoenix in the bottom territory but I think even though this is true still doesn't really change the fact at the end of the day there most likely will be enough randomization that you need to focus on coverage as stated is your original goal.

To answer your initial question of how many of a character was needed: I heard directly from shard/guild mates that the # can be up to 11 and even 12 times in a single phase. The 11 was Lobot, can't quite recall the 12. Though I directly saw 5-6 being common each phase for my guild.

Toons my guild ran into issues with (88m GP):

Wiggs: Wedge is just the strongest rebel lead, biggs is his partner. While you can generally get away with giving up biggs, wedge is more difficult just because his leadership is sooo good for TB.

Chaze: Mixed bag here, lots of people still don't have them complete but we did hear from guildies not wanting to give up their g7 Bazes. These are like wiggs, a critical combo.

Resistance: While these were not difficult for us last time around, they will soon be since they are sooo effective in later phases, more guildies will farm them and not want to give up their "wins"

New Ewoks: still p2p all paploo and logray were a auto no for us phase 5+

Falcon: duh, though we didn't see more than 1 in any given phase.

Phantom/Ghost/Gauntlet: at around 5-6 stars... These will drop from the list within a month or so since they are in fleet.

Kylo Shuttle/Reaper: just like ewoks but worse since impossible to farm beyond 3-4*

• Tehol
    21 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Is any other guilds getting Platoon 1-4 the exact same? No way to finish them as they are identical.

Post edited by Tehol on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Yes.
  • Our 1-4 were all identical but no problem filling them with only 2* required. Will be more complicated if it's the same way in future territories though.
  • Same here, and it included a Baze. As we have only a couple Bazes in the guild we're in trouble.
  • Yes, this is broken. Looks like some more client restarts are in our future.
  • I'd suggest renaming the thread title... I have a feeling a lot more people are going to be asking this question. Seems all 1-4 platoons were identical with only 5&6 being unique.
  • Confirming, same. But at 2* it's a non-issue as of now.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice