Hard Node Farming and How to make it better

I have been doing a lot of hard node farming (as I'm sure others are) and this is what I've noticed about it.

You don't always get a shard each day. Very little feels worse than going all 3 (or 5) attempts and getting nothing. That's potentially half of your maximum energy spent for practically nothing. Your options then include try again in twenty-four hours or spend 50 crystals for the same potential nothing. Just doesn't feel like something I'd want to do.

The best solution I've found to this isn't necessarily to make the shards drop at least 1 per day (though that would certainly be fine!), but instead perhaps these hard nodes could include more than just a single character shard. For example, the Krennic Hard Node also drops Geo Soldier ship shards, so even if you fail to get a Krennic shard, you could still get a Geo Soldier ship shard and feel like your energy investment wasn't a complete waste.

If more nodes were like this, having a character shard and ship shard (and even maybe an actual valuable piece of gear rather than the useless challenge gear that we all know we have thousands of if we're able to even complete those challenging nodes) then it would feel a lot better farming these very inconsistent, high energy cost nodes, and I think more people would be happier about it. In addition to that, it would also provide more places to put ship shards than we have currently, since most ships are a boring, arduous farm (why are ships coming out in quantities of 4 shards anyway? Post for another time.) as they are.