Rancor Frustrations

After months of everyone being able to solo heroic Rancor you'd think listening to the community about things such as treating equal scores EQUALLY... strange I know. They do it for guild activities, why not raids.

But hey if you don't want to do something like that then just give the rancor TM reduction immunity, or diminishing returns. Honestly so much content is solo'd to the point a guild is only good for thier rosters and GP for TB and raid tickets... Oh and I guess you could argue the exchange as well.

Replies

• Because everyone thinks they should get 1st place prize if 50 people solo it. If they didn't do it that way, people would riot and they aren't going to give out 50 first place gear 3 times a week for nearly everyone playing. Prize boxes don't scale like numerical tokens.

So you want the same prize for all ties. How about ties all get the same prize, but the lowest tier of the group. So if 15 people solo, they all get the 15th place prize box. No? But you asked for equal rewards.

Make the Rancor super tough? What about all the people that haven't been playing the game for a year and a half? Such are the woes of game design.
  • Moved to Rancor Raid.
  • Rancor based RNG reward position is an insultment for players. We do lot of effort include throw $$$ for buy gears to build reliable solo rancor team.
  • build what ? you mean send in cls and han, press auto go for a smoke and come back to see the victory screen ? I agree that this rng based reward system sucks but at least it's better than the old garbage we had.

If you go down that road what about aat? wouldn't you like to get the same rewards with just having a 7* char the same as the guy that's carrying you to the finish line? what is a fair system to you and if it applies to rancor shouldn't it apply to aat as well?

It is what it is, it's not perfect but coming up with something better is not that simple.
  • It is virtually impossible to get the same score in hAAT in the first place... I'm sure the developers did not imagine 50 players all doing the same amount of damage in a raid when they developed the system. Obviously there is a flaw in rancors design
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Cero_Kurn wrote: »
    It is virtually impossible to get the same score in hAAT in the first place... I'm sure the developers did not imagine 50 players all doing the same amount of damage in a raid when they developed the system. Obviously there is a flaw in rancors design

When they developed which system? The rancor itself? Maybe. The tiebreaker system? Obviously not, since they changed it recently after the immense amounts of complaining about the original tiebreaker (which was much, much worse).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Cero_Kurn wrote: »
    After months of everyone being able to solo heroic Rancor you'd think listening to the community about things such as treating equal scores EQUALLY... strange I know. They do it for guild activities, why not raids.

But hey if you don't want to do something like that then just give the rancor TM reduction immunity, or diminishing returns. Honestly so much content is solo'd to the point a guild is only good for thier rosters and GP for TB and raid tickets... Oh and I guess you could argue the exchange as well.

Equal scores ARE treated equally. Their rankings are all randomized. Over a long period of time the combined rewards would even out.

I believe, that making heroic rancor raids easily soloable (on auto even) is a deliberate design choice. With the new time consuming game mode (TB) there was a need to reduce time requirements for other game modes graids).
  • I tell my guild not to worry so much about raid ranks. Because we won’t stop doing them till everyone has what they need. Once I unlock and 7 star Han Solo or gen kenobi I’ll deliberately score lower so others have top spot.
  • I was more passionate about this before the various QoL updates. I still think it's deflating to get rank 20 (like I did last night) for a full Rancor solo, but honestly - an 11 minute full auto is more important to me than the thought they'd overhaul it and make it harder. I look at it as a bonus challenge 3 days a week that has the potential to give me more carbantis, cuffs, or stun guns. I don't have to focus on it, which is good given the amount of content they've given us. Now that we can buy all Rancor gear from the guild store, guild events store, fleet store, and the shard shop. Gear crunches have to exist to make the game sustainable, and it's a much more manageable grind now than it was.

The thing I'd love them to address is the fact that mk 4 Carbantis drop from the rancor with far greater frequency than mk 3 Carbantis. According to swgoh.gg, I can use 8 mk 4 carbantis total on all of the toons on my roster. I have every toon unlocked except Hermit Yoda and the three new dark side toons. I also currently have 9 fully crafted mk 4 Carbanti in my inventory, meaning that I have more mk 4 carbantis then I can ever possibly spend in the game if I were to ever get the toons that require them to g9-11 (which I mostly will not).
  • I dislike having to make rules for my guild to make the raid "fair", then have 15 people disregard the rules. Something needs to be done. We need damage cap control, the ability to block a rulebreaker from entering the next raid....something, anything. I don't want to have to boot that many people at a time. Especially with all this tb nonsense going on with so many toon requirements.
  • Our guild has a technique to minimize ties. In the first 24 hours, two random toon types are identified to be allowed to fight before the free for all. Examples: any two members of the Jedi council in EP1, any two droids, any two imperial troopers, only TIE pilots ( Vader excluded), two toons that have “TH” in their name... the list goes on. It is very difficult to get a tie in that fashion.
  • I dislike having to make rules for my guild to make the raid "fair", then have 15 people disregard the rules. Something needs to be done. We need damage cap control, the ability to block a rulebreaker from entering the next raid....something, anything. I don't want to have to boot that many people at a time. Especially with all this tb nonsense going on with so many toon requirements.

Then start with one, take the worst offender, warn, boot, and see how folks smarten up when they know there are teeth behind the smile.
  • I would have much rather them fixed Rancor than add a new TB. The raids are far more satisfying than the TBs, IMO.
  • Rancor Raid is a Joke nowadays. Everyone is soloing it in my Guild. Fix it EA or shut down Rancor Raid. Its unnecessary and boring.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I dislike having to make rules for my guild to make the raid "fair", then have 15 people disregard the rules. Something needs to be done. We need damage cap control, the ability to block a rulebreaker from entering the next raid....something, anything. I don't want to have to boot that many people at a time. Especially with all this tb nonsense going on with so many toon requirements.

Me too - my guild has a 0 damage policy on day 1 - about half the guild respect the rules. I cant kick anyone because we need the guild for TBs - ultimately its unfair to guild mates that follow the rules.
  • Try enforcing your rules, and find new players as needed, mismanagement is not the devs responsibility
    Boo wrote: »
    I dislike having to make rules for my guild to make the raid "fair", then have 15 people disregard the rules. Something needs to be done. We need damage cap control, the ability to block a rulebreaker from entering the next raid....something, anything. I don't want to have to boot that many people at a time. Especially with all this tb nonsense going on with so many toon requirements.

Me too - my guild has a 0 damage policy on day 1 - about half the guild respect the rules. I cant kick anyone because we need the guild for TBs - ultimately its unfair to guild mates that follow the rules.

• I don’t see an issue with the current design. It was far worse for players when the placements were allocated based on player ID, so if someone with an earlier ID solo’d, they’d always finish above you.
    At least now you have a chance to get top spot.
    It sounds like what the OP really needs is another tier of Rancor.
    I propose adding an additional post-heroic tier (call it what you will), gated by G12 characters. It’d be a good opportunity to remove junk from the loot table, and besides added health and damage on the Rancor, if the developers were so minded to do so they could speed it up beyond the possibility of a TM reduction team keeping up (take something like the Speed of the HAAT B2 from phase 3 and add around 50 Speed, this might be enough to push it out of reach?).
    I think it’d be a neat way to make the raid more engaging again.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited November 2017

The challenge of getting members to cooperate to all work towards a common goal using common strategies is all part of being a guild member, officer or leader. Som guilds excel in working together — others don't. That's how it should be. No support for damage cap control here. If you can't get your members abide by the rules, then either boot them or walk away.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Cant walk awa y if your guild leader - that leaves a guild leaderless. The Devs still have yet to come up with a way as to how a leader that wants to leave his guild can assign over his leader status to an officer of the guild. The Dev team have never addressed this issue.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Cant walk awa y if your guild leader - that leaves a guild leaderless. The Devs still have yet to come up with a way as to how a leader that wants to leave his guild can assign over his leader status to an officer of the guild. The Dev team have never addressed this issue.

It's called promote an officer up and you can pass leadership to that officer,
  • Boo wrote: »

Have the guild leader go afk for a couple days have an officer hit up support say the leader has left the game and they can make him leader boom done
  • I thought the rankings was based on who completed it first, if not then it should be.
  • @VinnYgg Nope, they announced a few months ago that it's 100% random. Your place is determined when you finish.

If there are two people who have posted the max score and you finish, you will be assigned a random position between 1 and 3. If 20 people finish, you'll be assigned a place between 1 and 21.

Personally I like this better than the old system which was 100% sorted by some internal player ID. If your ID wasn't the lucky winner you were perma-hosed from ever getting first place. However, I wish the places were randomized when the rewards were calculated - not as you finish.

Ideally they would give first place rewards to all ties in the event of a full solo and fall back to the current system for all other ties, but it does not seem like they have any interest in doing this. We can be grateful they don't implement the same tie system for Territory Wars, which is to give the lowest reward to both guilds.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »

You can always walk away. If your members won't follow simple rules you can either boot them or leave. If leaving your guild leaves them without a leader, then they shouldn't have driven you to leave.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    VinnYgg wrote: »
    I thought the rankings was based on who completed it first, if not then it should be.

Ok, so everyone preloads a full clear and then when the time arrives, it's a simple question of who presses a button first? That's silly.