Allies choice in 'Borrow a Hero'

Hi guys, just wondering.

I keep seeing pretty much the same 8 allies (from my 42) and 7 new allies that change only each couple of hours.

Is there known algorithm or explanation?
I'd like to pick new allies but the available options are either weak or not suitable leaders. And they don't change when i go there and back (I thought that would be the case but they seem to just reorder).

Is there some way how to pick strong allies besides beating them in Arena and they accepting the invite (and hoping they have same leader in eg. cantina)?

Thanks

Replies

• Ask people in your guild or you can post here and ask for allies. The choice that you get depends on the last leader that person used in that area of the game, and it can't be anybody that was on your last team. So if, say, you are running rebels on light side, and most of your allies are running the same rebels on light side, those people won't show up for you to select as an ally because the character they offer as a leader is one that you had in your team and can't bring. If you run a node with a random team (say jawas) then you will get more options from your allies list the next time you go to do a node. But if you pick somebody's Wedge you then won't be able to use your own Wedge.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Ask people in your guild or you can post here and ask for allies. The choice that you get depends on the last leader that person used in that area of the game, and it can't be anybody that was on your last team. So if, say, you are running rebels on light side, and most of your allies are running the same rebels on light side, those people won't show up for you to select as an ally because the character they offer as a leader is one that you had in your team and can't bring. If you run a node with a random team (say jawas) then you will get more options from your allies list the next time you go to do a node. But if you pick somebody's Wedge you then won't be able to use your own Wedge.

I understand how it works, I tested this with a 'weak' Jedi squad and when I forgo my allies and look at the other half (potential new allies) they are all Wedges or non-lead chars - see picture: https://imgur.com/a/7U8Tc
    I refuse to believe no-one runs Nihilus, Palps or Zaul in Cantina.

Anyway my beef is that so far potential new allies are useless to me (watching this for past 4 days and I didn't pick a single one) and they don't cycle fast enough. Realistically why would I pick ally with non-lead or 4k power char fighting stage 8 Cantina battles.
    <rant/>
  • zeratul021
    24 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Hey Liath,

I understand how it works, I have problem with the choice list of new potential allies. I tested with a 'weak' Jedi squad and there were no Palps/Nihi/Zaul... leads in Cantina. All new potential allies were crap that no-one would consider at late Cantina tiers. And they don't cycle/refresh fast enough. During last 4 days closely watching this i picked no-one. Example picture: https://imgur.com/a/7U8Tc
  • There is bug since TB.. every server restart they are mess up with ur team selection, which affect ur ally heroes selection. It's here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/132242/to-kind-players-who-like-to-help-ally-plz-check-ur-cantina-squad-they-might-change#latest

Have no respond
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    Hey Liath,

I understand how it works, I have problem with the choice list of new potential allies. I tested with a 'weak' Jedi squad and there were no Palps/Nihi/Zaul... leads in Cantina. All new potential allies were **** that no-one would consider at late Cantina tiers. And they don't cycle/refresh fast enough. During last 4 days closely watching this i picked no-one.

If you post your ally code on here and say you are looking for a Darth Nihilus or whatever, you will get hits. Or you could search for Team Instinct's borrow a maxed hero thread.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    I always thought this was silly - only able to pick an ally's leader hero. When everyone follows the meta, a diverse selection of heroes to borrow is extremely limited - especially when you likely have those toons yourself or are even in your current team!

What should happen is that you are allowed to view an ally's roster and pick whatever toon of theirs you wish - this would be huge!
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    zeratul021 wrote: »
    Hey Liath,

I understand how it works, I have problem with the choice list of new potential allies. I tested with a 'weak' Jedi squad and there were no Palps/Nihi/Zaul... leads in Cantina. All new potential allies were **** that no-one would consider at late Cantina tiers. And they don't cycle/refresh fast enough. During last 4 days closely watching this i picked no-one. Example picture: https://imgur.com/a/7U8Tc

Yes, most of the "new potential allies" are fake junk that the game throws in. If you want powerful allies you need to friend people with those characters. As I said in my first sentence, you can ask in your guild or on here.
  • I rather it just let you select a character from among your allies in your allies list. As it is, I just have to keep exiting and getting back in, until the leader I want shows up.