Event suggestion: bring back the all-female event

Title says it all: that was a unique event that only happened once and deserves to come back again, if only to inject more variety to the events without having to come up with an all-new one.

Replies

• Eh. If I want to crush a bunch of level 20 toons, I'll play PvE.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • As long as the rewards good, why not?
  • Give us tiers this tine. I get that last time was a charity event so it was easy to guarantee completion, but now it isn't.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • The Play to Give event was a one-time sort of thing to coincide with some charitable things we were doing at the time. There are no plans to bring this event back.
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • Ah, shucks, still, good to know, thanks for the info.
    Also, sure wouldn't mind more events similar to this, to further exercise the "wide roster" thing, while being (hopefully) easier to organise and set up...
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    The Play to Give event was a one-time sort of thing to coincide with some charitable things we were doing at the time. There are no plans to bring this event back.

Do you plan to do different event ?
  • I'd be open to running some diversity events. I have proposed a few ideas along these lines before, along with a concept for an LGBT event (#JuhaniNextJune).

I went through a couple hypothetical ideas for a "Girls' night" event, though one particularly interesting idea that came up was a concept for an all-female galactic War. It would be optional, but we figured that it would probably work along the lines that during a specific timeframe players use all-female teams and earn shards for female characters.

We do have a decent selection of female characters in the game as it is, so I see no reason it couldn't be done.

That said, if an all-female event were to happen, I'm not sure what the best structure would be. Should opponents also be all-female? I could see rewards occurring in the form of female characters' shards, but would they be random or would some selection be in place?

Perhaps one way of doing it could be to have two events; one light side and one dark side. That could highlight female characters on both sides.

• How about an oddballs event. Just every toon that we've geared over the last two years who has little to no viability in any portion of the game.

Battle your way through B1s with LS toons you never have a chance to synergize with. Same with DS against a clone army.

The event could include any toon who's only been farmed by 20% or less of all players, excluding legendary and hard node only heroes. I think it could make for some fun challenges.
  • When we start thinking on this the possibilities are limitless! The scope and focus of the game can be expanded in new exciting ways to make the game fun and interesting again without the element of stress and whaledom that we've been dealing with for the past few significant events.
    I know rewards system would be difficult, and if the events are light-hearted the incentive to spend and justify the devs' work will be lacking, but hopefully if the scope is small and repeatable in minor, easy-to-code variations, it'll provide that much-needed breath of fresh air to keep us interested?
  • @Mhmacleod

What if it were some kind of tournament? Light side girls vs. Dark side girls, perhaps. Off the top of my head, we should have a large selection of each.

Going on memory here, so I'm probably missing a few...

Light Side
    Leia*
    Rey
    Hera
    Sabine
    Ahsoka*
    Jedi Knight Guardian
    Aayla
    Luminara
    Barris
    Resistance Pilot
    Jyn Erso

Dark Side
    Talia
    Old Daaka
    Assajj
    Night sister Initiate
    Night sister Acolyte
    Captain Phasma
    Sith Assassin
    Mob Enforcer
    Zam Wessell

* Has multiple in-game variations

This might be a good opportunity to consider also adding some new characters to better balance the range of diversity in the game, perhaps as rewards.

A few off-handed ideas in that regard...

-Mission Vao
    -Shaak Tii
    -Jessika Pava
    -Queen's Handmaiden
    -Bastilla
    -Visas Marr
    -Brianna
    -Mira
    -Governor Pryce
    -Minister Tua
    -Juhani (#JuhaniNextJune)
    -Aura Sing