The resurgence of Chaze

Prev1
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Chaze is back, and my offical star of the new meta. Aoe dispell which gets rid of all those annoying buffs, the ability to regen 100% hp if you don't get taken out in one turn, and having a 30k single hit lying in wait ... Chaze is the reason I can stay in the top 35 on a daily basis, even though I don't have a single g12 character.

Thank you Chaze, you're my only hope.

Replies

  • Any mediocre team can keep you in the top 35.
  • they're a lot worse in the top 10. Slightly better if you have combat analysis zetad
  • Any mediocre team can keep you in the top 35.

    What terrible shard are you blessed to be on?
  • Any mediocre team can keep you in the top 35.

    *Shrug* I see g12 teams all the way down to 50+ on my shard. The fact I can comfortably stay in the top 35 day in and out with g11 characters is promising. Chaze is the glue that holds my team together. I know that top 10 is different, but we can't all be top 10, especially when paying money isn't something appealing at this time.
  • With han, cls and leia handing out massive damage and the prevalence of thrawn with them in rebel squads, chaze are nothing special anymore at all. Baze can be taken down to easily before he or his friend get a chance to repair the damage.
  • At this point I seek out chaze teams. Not many left in the top 10 and fracture makes them pointless.
  • Chaze is still viable, but they are on thier way out of the META. Between Thrawn and CLS Chaze is easily countered. Few in the top ten on my shard still use them, I retired them myself from my arena squad a few weeks ago.
  • Have a Chirrut and Baze combo in my top ten. Runs zBarriss(L), zzR2, Chirrut, Baze and zzATF. They are there to keep Barriss alive for an extra turn. When it works, you usually spend two turns trying to kill his 60k health Barriss. In that time Ahsoka sometimes one shots someone. It's annoying, which is probably why people don't fight him much.

    I run CLS(L), zHan, Leia, zR2 and GK. I only fight this team if it's in 1st because I don't enjoy spending three minutes hitting the same toon.
  • Baze certainly is a beast at TB AOE removes all those pesky snowtroopers protection
  • Baze certainly is a beast at TB AOE removes all those pesky snowtroopers protection

    He would, if i didnt have to donate him to platoons every phase
  • Baze is helpful with hide and seek stealth R2 team.
  • I don't see Chaze around in the arena these days.
  • Chaze is gone from my shards top 50 nearly apart from a couple who have them both G12its easily beatable with CLS and DN and who ever eles you want in your squad.
  • DracuLaura wrote: »
    With han, cls and leia handing out massive damage and the prevalence of thrawn with them in rebel squads, chaze are nothing special anymore at all. Baze can be taken down to easily before he or his friend get a chance to repair the damage.

    well triple cleanse can still beat all the teams on my shard...

    I'm intending to move away (no cls though)
  • I think in my top 50 there are about 45 who run cls lead or gk lead with cls.
  • Any mediocre team can keep you in the top 35.

    *Shrug* I see g12 teams all the way down to 50+ on my shard. The fact I can comfortably stay in the top 35 day in and out with g11 characters is promising. Chaze is the glue that holds my team together. I know that top 10 is different, but we can't all be top 10, especially when paying money isn't something appealing at this time.

    CL, Thrawn, Solo, GK, R2 is a full F2P squad, you can acquire all 5 without spending a dime
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Congrats for hanging on and even excelling with Chaze. Personally, I seek Chaze teams out on my shard because they're guaranteed wins now. However, I've heard they may have some increased viability at G12. And if you're having success with where they're at right now, keep on with whatever you're doing. It's a lot of a fun to win with non-meta teams.
  • Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

    Chaze is back, and my offical star of the new meta. Aoe dispell which gets rid of all those annoying buffs, the ability to regen 100% hp if you don't get taken out in one turn, and having a 30k single hit lying in wait ... Chaze is the reason I can stay in the top 35 on a daily basis, even though I don't have a single g12 character.

    Thank you Chaze, you're my only hope.

    Chaze is super broken, no wonder why you are on the top
  • Napoli wrote: »
    However, I've heard they may have some increased viability at G12.

    That's interesting. I heard that they intentionally gave them limited and unimpressive G12 increases as a way of nerfing them without actually nerfing them.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    Napoli wrote: »
    However, I've heard they may have some increased viability at G12.

    That's interesting. I heard that they intentionally gave them limited and unimpressive G12 increases as a way of nerfing them without actually nerfing them.

    @dad2my3 - I know the Devs said that was the case for Wedge and Biggs who had enjoyed more than their time under the sun. However, I don't remember reading it about Chaze. Nonetheless, I haven't actually look at the G12 info the Chaze - just passing on what I've heard from some others who are pushing on with the move to G12. If anyone knows for sure, please post a comment.
  • Noataq
    175 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Have a Chirrut and Baze combo in my top ten. Runs zBarriss(L), zzR2, Chirrut, Baze and zzATF. They are there to keep Barriss alive for an extra turn. When it works, you usually spend two turns trying to kill his 60k health Barriss. In that time Ahsoka sometimes one shots someone. It's annoying, which is probably why people don't fight him much.

    I run CLS(L), zHan, Leia, zR2 and GK. I only fight this team if it's in 1st because I don't enjoy spending three minutes hitting the same toon.

    ATF has only one zeta I thought?
  • Napoli wrote: »
    Congrats for hanging on and even excelling with Chaze. Personally, I seek Chaze teams out on my shard because they're guaranteed wins now. However, I've heard they may have some increased viability at G12. And if you're having success with where they're at right now, keep on with whatever you're doing. It's a lot of a fun to win with non-meta teams.

    CLS - GK - R2 - Chaze is the second most common #1 team on swgoh.gg's meta report.

    That is very nearly as meta as it gets, so I'm not sure what "non-meta" means to you unless you think only the single most popular team qualifies as 'meta.'
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Any mediocre team can keep you in the top 35.

    *Shrug* I see g12 teams all the way down to 50+ on my shard. The fact I can comfortably stay in the top 35 day in and out with g11 characters is promising. Chaze is the glue that holds my team together. I know that top 10 is different, but we can't all be top 10, especially when paying money isn't something appealing at this time.

    CL, Thrawn, Solo, GK, R2 is a full F2P squad, you can acquire all 5 without spending a dime

    Thrawn at 7* was only possible if you spent money, or if you had the foresight to bank thousands of crystals so you could spam phoenix refreshes in time for the event.

    If you see any #1 teams in a mature shard with a 5* Thrawn, let me know, but until that's a thing, he is not a FTP character for arena in any meaningful sense, especially with g12 locked for <7* now.
  • Swordd wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Any mediocre team can keep you in the top 35.

    *Shrug* I see g12 teams all the way down to 50+ on my shard. The fact I can comfortably stay in the top 35 day in and out with g11 characters is promising. Chaze is the glue that holds my team together. I know that top 10 is different, but we can't all be top 10, especially when paying money isn't something appealing at this time.

    CL, Thrawn, Solo, GK, R2 is a full F2P squad, you can acquire all 5 without spending a dime

    Thrawn at 7* was only possible if you spent money, or if you had the foresight to bank thousands of crystals so you could spam phoenix refreshes in time for the event.

    If you see any #1 teams in a mature shard with a 5* Thrawn, let me know, but until that's a thing, he is not a FTP character for arena in any meaningful sense, especially with g12 locked for <7* now.

    No, I'm not quite that ****, @Swordd. However, I don't hardly ever check that meta report and probably should. I usually consult the forums to see how/why things are changing and combine that with what is prevalent on my shard. Since it's a December 2015 shard, it's usually a fairly good indicator of what's most and least effective. Obviously this is one of the times when that is wrong, however.

    I can rephrase if that's helpful. Chaze is rarely used on my shard. I seek Chaze out because it's always an easy win - even in the meta team combination mentioned. I rarely see people argue in favor of Chaze on the forums lately. That being said, if it is working for you keep with it. It may be fun to win using non-meta teams, but winning is fun just about any way you do it.

    Good luck!
  • Napoli wrote: »
    Swordd wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Any mediocre team can keep you in the top 35.

    *Shrug* I see g12 teams all the way down to 50+ on my shard. The fact I can comfortably stay in the top 35 day in and out with g11 characters is promising. Chaze is the glue that holds my team together. I know that top 10 is different, but we can't all be top 10, especially when paying money isn't something appealing at this time.

    CL, Thrawn, Solo, GK, R2 is a full F2P squad, you can acquire all 5 without spending a dime

    Thrawn at 7* was only possible if you spent money, or if you had the foresight to bank thousands of crystals so you could spam phoenix refreshes in time for the event.

    If you see any #1 teams in a mature shard with a 5* Thrawn, let me know, but until that's a thing, he is not a FTP character for arena in any meaningful sense, especially with g12 locked for <7* now.

    No, I'm not quite that ****, @Swordd. However, I don't hardly ever check that meta report and probably should. I usually consult the forums to see how/why things are changing and combine that with what is prevalent on my shard. Since it's a December 2015 shard, it's usually a fairly good indicator of what's most and least effective. Obviously this is one of the times when that is wrong, however.

    I can rephrase if that's helpful. Chaze is rarely used on my shard. I seek Chaze out because it's always an easy win - even in the meta team combination mentioned. I rarely see people argue in favor of Chaze on the forums lately. That being said, if it is working for you keep with it. It may be fun to win using non-meta teams, but winning is fun just about any way you do it.

    Good luck!

    That 4-star word that appears to be censored isn't a vulgarity. It's the four-letter word that starts with a, ends with l, and means overly nitpicky and obsessive.
  • tRRRey wrote: »
    Any mediocre team can keep you in the top 35.

    *Shrug* I see g12 teams all the way down to 50+ on my shard. The fact I can comfortably stay in the top 35 day in and out with g11 characters is promising. Chaze is the glue that holds my team together. I know that top 10 is different, but we can't all be top 10, especially when paying money isn't something appealing at this time.

    CL, Thrawn, Solo, GK, R2 is a full F2P squad, you can acquire all 5 without spending a dime

    I agree with @Swordd. Thrawn was definitely not easily obtainable as FTP the first time around. The second time will be different but it's not here yet.
  • Napoli wrote: »
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    Napoli wrote: »
    However, I've heard they may have some increased viability at G12.

    That's interesting. I heard that they intentionally gave them limited and unimpressive G12 increases as a way of nerfing them without actually nerfing them.

    @dad2my3 - I know the Devs said that was the case for Wedge and Biggs who had enjoyed more than their time under the sun. However, I don't remember reading it about Chaze. Nonetheless, I haven't actually look at the G12 info the Chaze - just passing on what I've heard from some others who are pushing on with the move to G12. If anyone knows for sure, please post a comment.

    Chirrut doesn't gain much if anything, but Baze gains a boatload of extra protection when upgraded from 11 to 12. Their actual g12 items(armateks) all suck though!!!


  • One of the underappreciated things Baze does is the aoe dispel. There's a lot of buffs flying around these days, and being able to get rid of them all for the entire enemy group, or even to single target off a taunt which opens up a glass cannon to attack, is great. It seems a lot of comps these days are very brute force. Whoever stacks the most damage and speed wins. Baze mixes this up a bit.

    Plus Baze is great for taking down GK/Zarriss teams. :)
  • I used to have to ensure I take out Chirrut ASAP with a Boba execute.
    But since switching to CLS team I leave Chaze for last :)
  • Star Wars: Episode IX - The Resurgence of Chaze
Sign In or Register to comment.