Quiet Week

Prev1
skywhopper
450 posts Member
edited September 2017
I don't think we've heard anything from the devs this week. After Ewoks, CLS, the buildup to TB, and the Veteran Smugglers I've gotten used to a weekly content bomb. Hopefully CG is operating on a skeleton crew as their staff takes some well deserved vacation before the lead up to TLJ and all the awesome new FO and Resistance-based events and toons we'll soon be panic-farming!

But in the meantime, PLEASE TELL US SOMETHING! We NEEEED new info!! PLEEEEEASE?! FATHER! PLEEEASE!! HELLP MEEEE!

Ahem, you know, so, like, if there's, like, something to share, or whatever... that'd be cool... and stuff.
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• Give it a week or so...
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    They are in the bugs section looking for quick fixes. Used the recent discussions tab in the drop down on the top left of your phone screen (while in a sub forum).
  • skywhopper wrote: »
    I don't think we've heard anything from the devs this week. After Ewoks, CLS, the buildup to TB, and the Veteran Smugglers I've gotten used to a weekly content bomb. Hopefully CG is operating on a skeleton crew as their staff takes some well deserved vacation before the lead up to TLJ and all the awesome new FO and Resistance-based events and toons we'll soon be panic-farming!

But in the meantime, PLEASE TELL US SOMETHING! We NEEEED new info!! PLEEEEEASE?! FATHER! PLEEEASE!! HELLP MEEEE!

Ahem, you know, so, like, if there's, like, something to share, or whatever... that'd be cool... and stuff.

Something like Clone Helmets?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Also, I know Kozi and Diggs have been pretty active today replying to posts.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • i expect Hotfix soon....nothing more....
    but happy if they fix the bug in tb with missing buttons
  • The silence/break is nice. Wouldnt mind if it went on for a month or so, give us time to catch up with these new releases.
  • No, you just need to go digging through the sub threads to find the activity now.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • No, you just need to go digging through the sub threads to find the activity now.

I don't call activity answers given to a topic. Activity is when they make announcements, changes, etc... that can get read by anyone and not something to find.
  • I think dev's are busily fixing stuff behind the scenes, the games crashing a bit at the moment and TB got some wrinkles need ironing out, a suspect another HAN is being prepped for released too...
  • I think dev's are busily fixing stuff behind the scenes, the games crashing a bit at the moment and TB got some wrinkles need ironing out, a suspect another HAN is being prepped for released too...

Dev's have Han Solo's Life Goals.
    tremorworks__hecatonchires_fin_by_rachaelm5.jpg
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I miss the upvote button :(
    It's good that the devs are responding in sub forums. There's a lot of movement of posts to the correct sub forum. With dev responses there I think the feeling of posts "dying" when moved will die down.

Well, SOMEONE got like 15 downvotes which looked really bad... so. Voila.... option removed.

Also, I can't deny moving threads to the appropriate sub-forum is the correct thing to do - it is, however, a hassle as compared to having the activity up on General.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    chewbacca-takes-a-walk-dribbble.gif
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Where did the "like up" and "like down" feature on the threads disappear to?

I was thinking something like that on Facebook for these forums would be a great way to agree with certain posts - particularly feedback, while not having to quote someone and post your 2 cents - it also cut down on the amount of posts within threads the Mods and Dev team have to look at to get feedback.

Why was it removed??
  • Boo wrote: »

I was thinking something like that on Facebook for these forums would be a great way to agree with certain posts - particularly feedback, while not having to quote someone and post your 2 cents - it also cut down on the amount of posts within threads the Mods and Dev team have to look at to get feedback.

Why was it removed??

It was moved because feedback had a few "why do I have so many down votes?" threads.

People can't handle the forums. Too many trolls on the interweb.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Why was it removed??

It was moved because feedback had a few "why do I have so many down votes?" threads.

People can't handle the forums. Too many trolls on the interweb.

That is ridiculous, people are crazy.

Thanks for letting me know.
  • I just assumed the devs are busy prepping an update to be compatible with iOS 11.
    It's good that the devs are responding in sub forums. There's a lot of movement of posts to the correct sub forum. With dev responses there I think the feeling of posts "dying" when moved will die down.
    +1 to the first part

But when you post in the correct sub forum is dies immediately instead of slowly after it moves
    +1 to the first part

But when you post in the correct sub forum is dies immediately instead of slowly after it moves

Treading carefully as to not violate TOS...
    going by the rules of moving things into correct sub forums- dev responses there creates an awareness of the sub forums. It basically just began so it will take time.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    They are in the bugs section looking for quick fixes. Used the recent discussions tab in the drop down on the top left of your phone screen (while in a sub forum).

That's where they should be, but I bet they aren't.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info

Soon as they reply to my Clone Helmets threads I'll believe you :)
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    I miss the upvote button :(

How long has it been now, since top hat mentioned it?
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    CaptainRex wrote: »

Fear of the Helmet Underground is real...... -hides again-

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Well after 4 days of users complaining of TB combat missions crashing the game they've finally confirmed it's a bug.

They're busy trying to figure out how to fix numerous TB issues

4 months.
    CaptainRex wrote: »

4 months.

Too long for the cadence :(
  • must be analyzing TB player data to best utilize TB launch times and TB phase lengths to increase player purchase frequency and avg play time per day
  • I've watched a lot of back and forths lately between the devs and the player base on the platoon requirements. It's been a big problem with platoon mission needing 20+ of the same toons. I think they may be working on this issue
  • I love the silent treatment though cuz it helps to put things in perspective ;)
  • NoahScape wrote: »
    It's because they're too busy counting money.

^^^Thks^^^

Why would they say anything this week...with all the people buying their way to becoming golden God squads EA can literally not say nothing for 2 months and still be raking in the $$$$$!

This game has over a 120 toons imagine the cost of maxing all their gear much less half. Now multiple that times a couple-several thousand players and you can imagine that amount of money they are now bringing in. I bet it's more money than the release of a new toons or events.

Drop rates or so bad and raid drop rates are so bad that people are gonna spend tons to get gold gear.

Adding G12 was this games way to make huge profits and really divide the pay to play from the free to play.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you