Zeta drop rate through the floor and general rant!

So my zeta drop rate has fallen through the floor! I always understood zeta mats were a rare comodity, but they have now turned in to a fabled object of history it seems. I understand this is an RNG based game but I have had 3 zeta in 4 weeks (possibly 5 weeks)! I did notice the drop rate diminished at the same time I stopped spending all my ship currency on zeta farming, has anyone else noticed the same?

Now let's discuss captain Han solo... I am not a whale, but I was and I do still spend money on this game (sorry to all you f2p players). I baught 40 Han solo shards then WASTED 2600 crystals on 2 Han solo booster packs and received 10 shards farmed my way to 4 star Han without too much issue then the drop rate plumeted. I have scraped 36 shards in two weeks spending all squad cantina currency and at least 1 refresh a day. The drop rate is shocking and to do that at a time where people are trying to gear, star and level up (not to mention mods which need the same currency) all toons for TB just seems unfair. How are the F2p players supposed to keep up?!

I love this game, I am addicted to it! In the first year it came out I spent 1000's of pounds and didn't grumble. I love the new content and understand it's designed to take time. All I am asking is that you make the game fair to the people who fund it and play it...

I have suggestions... New tiers for credit heist and daily challenges: you expect us to have 130 toons all geared up, give us the means to do so. If gear goes up to lvl 12 then the challenges should reflect that as should credit heist, a standard 4-5 million doesn't make a dent! Improve the drop rate on captain han: he is a necessary toon for a new event and EA have made him near impossible to get. At very least improve the drop rate up until 5 stars, then make him tough to get! Stop putting chromium only toons on platoon missions: you released so many toons no one can keep up, only predominently P2P guilds will have a 4 or 5 star paploo let alone 2-5. If you are going to force us to have toons which are unfarmable at least have the decency to put them in the shard shop for a week like ashoka fulcrum.

In closing, if you create a game mode like TB which rewards people with game changing characters and gear and in the name of fairness make rewards equal for the whole guild, how can you then make the game impossible to play for anyone who isn't willing to spend hundreds of pounds/euros/dollars/yen etc...
All you are doing is widening the gap between F2p and P2P and making it impossible for anyone to even hope of keeping up.

You have a great game EA please don't ruin it!

Replies

• Clearly you need to whale more.

Yeah. Because spending £thousands just isn't enough.
  • Lol
  • I just want the game to be fair to all! As for the money I spent I had, a lot of excess income for a while and spent it, sorry if that upsets you lol
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I agree that it is unfortunate that we need unfarmable toons for platoon missions but at least they should be farmable soon.

I'm just hoping they don't add new toons to platoons like the new Han and chewie or else some guilds will never catch up if they don't have someone buying the new toons.
  • jwoah wrote: »
    I agree that it is unfortunate that we need unfarmable toons for platoon missions but at least they should be farmable soon.

I'm just hoping they don't add new toons to platoons like the new Han and chewie or else some guilds will never catch up if they don't have someone buying the new toons.

Exactly my point.
  • I agree with many of your points but have just one small note: those 5-330 shard packs have never been worth it. if you would have spent those crystals on additional cantina refreshes you probably would have your chs ready right now. most people i know, me included, who bought the 10$ pack and are doing 2-3 refreshes a day got the little guy to 5* by now.
    Just one side note though, i understand your frustration and agree in general. all up for new credit heist stages!
  • I don't expect this thread to last long, but this is easily the most maddening part of the game. It's gambling, luck, at its finest.
  • my drop rate is currently 1/32 since i started to count. I definitely stop to put money into that game.
  • Strategy doesn't matter.. RNG matter!!

Lol :expressionless:
  • I honestly think this game would be less frustrating if they evened out the drop rates, with a min and max. I've had numerous full cantina 100gem refreshes given 0 shards, which is infuriating. You then occasionally get 5 from the same refresh another time, which human nature is much more likely to forget, and focus on the negative. If you knew for example that every 6 sims you could get 1-3 shards (but not a zero, and never more than 3), would you be happier? I think I would be. EA may not even be giving away more shards on average, but you don't get the scenario we have now where someone has got a dozen shards in a week, whilst someone else had good RNG and got 50 from the same number of attempts.
  • Varenvar wrote: »
    my drop rate is currently 1/32 since i started to count. I definitely stop to put money into that game.

of course zeta challenge , and now it's 1/36. once again 0/4 omega 0/4 zeta.
  • Objakenodi wrote: »
    I just want the game to be fair to all! As for the money I spent I had, a lot of excess income for a while and spent it, sorry if that upsets you lol

Welcome to the real world where nothing is fair and everything costs money. Real life or digital life, it's all the same. Yes all droprates are horrible.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
    How are the F2p players supposed to keep up?!
    All I am asking is that you make the game fair to the people who fund it and play it...

Those two points are quite contradictory....

F2P are not supposed to be able to keep up ... they are supposed to start spending a little bit to keep up.
    Next year they are supposed to spend a little more to still keep up. Rince and repeat.

Whales demand an advantage over F2P simply because they spend money, therefore it will never be fair for the whales while also allowing F2P to keep up. And the gap will most certainly get bigger and bigger the longer the game runs.

I hate that it has to be like that, as I'm almost F2P and enjoy the game very much. But that is the typical business model of these types of mobile games. And why they all have limited life span.
  • Bu.. But.. it's all RN...

Oh well :sweat:
  • Viggy wrote: »
    I agree with many of your points but have just one small note: those 5-330 shard packs have never been worth it. if you would have spent those crystals on additional cantina refreshes you probably would have your chs ready right now. most people i know, me included, who bought the 10$ pack and are doing 2-3 refreshes a day got the little guy to 5* by now.
    Just one side note though, i understand your frustration and agree in general. all up for new credit heist stages!

Yeah I know they are always a waste. JuSt pointing out that I did try those packs... I agree I should have stuck with refreshes
  • CronozNL wrote: »
    Objakenodi wrote: »
    I just want the game to be fair to all! As for the money I spent I had, a lot of excess income for a while and spent it, sorry if that upsets you lol

Welcome to the real world where nothing is fair and everything costs money. Real life or digital life, it's all the same. Yes all droprates are horrible.

Ok fair was a bold statement, would you except slightly less unfair?
  • WAI... F2P was not really meant to keep up that closely, whales wanted a gap for the amount they spent, and the devs listened
  • Got 0 zetas in a week, devs should increment the droprate a bit more...
  • Krjstoff wrote: »
    Objakenodi wrote: »
    How are the F2p players supposed to keep up?!
    All I am asking is that you make the game fair to the people who fund it and play it...

Those two points are quite contradictory....

F2P are not supposed to be able to keep up ... they are supposed to start spending a little bit to keep up.
    Next year they are supposed to spend a little more to still keep up. Rince and repeat.

Whales demand an advantage over F2P simply because they spend money, therefore it will never be fair for the whales while also allowing F2P to keep up. And the gap will most certainly get bigger and bigger the longer the game runs.

I hate that it has to be like that, as I'm almost F2P and enjoy the game very much. But that is the typical business model of these types of mobile games. And why they all have limited life span.

I was trying to make 2 separate points I agree they are contradictory however... I disagree on your whale theory. People like me may have put a lot of money in to the game but without F2P players, there wouldn't be much of a game to play. This is not one of the top grossing mobile apps, Many F2P players quickly turned in to 10 pound a month players (crystal booster packs which have now been removed). The collective revenue from those people will have been massive, but their progress in the game will not match their level of financial commitment. Without the people who spend a little and the completely F2P players, their wouldn't be a large community of gamers which they need to attract enough whales to fund the game... I've just woken up and my heads a little fuzzy but in simple terms F2P playes are as important as whales in the long run and they will leave if the ever widening gap between F2P And P2P/P2W isn't some how adjusted.
    farmed my way to 4 star Han without too much issue then the drop rate plumeted.

Confirmation bias. I needed 3 more CHS shards yesterday, had energy for 7 sims, did 7 sims, and got 3 CHS shards.
  • I've not had a zeta in 2 or 3 weeks. For a while I got 4 a week now it's barely even an omega. Oh well just keep plugging away.
  • Win some, lose some. I've gotten 8 in the last two weeks.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I usually get 2-3 a week sometimes more and sometimes less. Do I want more? Hell yeah, but I don't think the rate has changed.

Funny
  • I agree with everything you said, credit heist has become a joke like those omega events that drop 1 omega as if that's gonna make a difference. 5 mil is simply a complete waste, you buy 1 or 2 mods and it's gone.

Daily challenges have also become a joke. Aside from syringes and carbantis, everything else is a joke. I've got thousands of pieces saved up that I'll never, ever get to use. You simply receive more than you can ever spend while other pieces you need them by the hundreds but they are nowhere to be found.

Drop rates on energy battles are insanely low. Been farming hera and i get 1 shard for 7 fights. I have been farming her for so long that i forgot when i started. I get less than 5 shards per day some days. I still have to get old ben before i can get captain han, who something tells me we'll need for a legendary event.

Regular energy drops are trash too. I spend 200 energy for 2-3 puple pieces. That's such a joke. I've had days when I'll spend over 120 energy for a couple of blues or greens lol.

Zeta drops are a slaughter. I've never gotten 4 in a day and i have 2 accounts. Usually I'm looking at 1 per day and sometimes 0. Getting 3 has happened to me only once in 3 months between 2 accounts!!! Considering their impact in the game they should have a stable and consistent farming rate.

Territory battles have broken both of my guilds. People left to seek stronger guilds. My one account was in a 73 million gp guild that dropped to 62 million after a few folks left to seek even stronger guilds. My other guild was 43 million gp and even I was forced to leave it to seek a stronger one. I have g11 cls and a a pretty decent account and yet i wad turned down a kicked by a couple guilds because i didn't have hoth brothers and han. The rewards will certainty assist p2p guilds that will increase the gap. Next thing you know hermit yoda and captain han will be required to unlock a new Luke and appart from p2p, noone will have him because who can farm yoda over gear...

It's simply a coordinated effort to turn whales into gods and everyone else will always be dragged along to boost their ego...!