Faction idea: Inferno Squad (x-post from swgoh reddit)

With the release of BF2 this near, I think the protagonist squad would be a great help for the Empire. What do you guys think?

Iden Versio Dark Side, Empire, Inferno Squad, Attacker
Sting Setting Basic: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy with a 70% chance to inflict Health Down. If the target had Evasion Down, this effect cannot be Resisted.
Stun Setting Special: Deal Physical Damage all enemies with a 50% chance Stun them for 1 turn. Enemies that aren’t Stunned after this attack suffer Stagger for 2 turns that cannot be Resisted. (4 turn CD)
Lethal Setting Special: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy, plus bonus damage equal to 25% of the target's Maximum Health. If the target was a Rebel, deal 25% more Max Health Damage. (3 turn CD)
Relentless Avengers Leader: Empire allies gain 100% Health Steal. Inferno Squad allies are immune to Ability Block and Cooldown Increasing effects. Whenever an Inferno Squad ally is defeated for the first time, all Inferno Squad allies gain 100% Turn Meter and Dispel all debuffs from themselves.
Advanced Evasive Maneuvers Unique: At the end of each of her turns, for each debuffed enemy, Iden Versio gains 12% Turn Meter and has a 35% chance to gain Foresight for 1 turn. If Gideon Hask is present, he also gains Foresight.
Her attacks are the E-11 blaster rifle's settings. Both Iden and Gideon intentionally have TFP characteristics, but advanced versions of them.

Gideon Hask Dark Side, Empire, Inferno Squad, Support
Take Initiative Basic: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Speed Down. If the target had Health Down, this effect cannot be Resisted.
Coordinated TIE Strike Special: Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and inflict Buff Immunity for 1 turn. Increase the cooldowns of the primary target by 1. (4 turn CD)
Improvise Special: Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and Dispel all buffs on them. Inferno Squad allies gain Speed Up for 2 turns. (3 turn CD)
Friendly Rivalry Unique: Gideon Hask gains 20% Offense for each defeated enemy. Additionally, at the end of each of his turns, Gideon Hask gains 50% of Iden Versio’s current Turn Meter.
The Iden-Gideon duo is intended to be the Empire's Wiggs. Not mirror, but able to match them. Improvise is Gideon throwing grenades, resembling the Tellik Four escape.

Del Meeko Dark Side, Empire, Inferno Squad, Tank
DLT-19X Targeting Rifle Basic: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Defense Down. If the target had Speed Down, this effect cannot be Resisted.
Trooper Training Special: Gain Taunt for 3 turns and grant Empire allies Defense Up for 3 turns. Inferno Squad allies also gain Tenacity Up for 3 turns. When this Taunt expires, all Empire allies recover 20% of their Max Health. (4 turn CD)
ID-10 Seeker Droid Special: Deal Special Damage to target enemy with a 50% chance each to apply Ability Block, Daze or Potency Down. (3 turn CD)
Fighting Retreat Unique: Whenever another allied Empire unit uses a Special ability, if Del Meeko is Taunting, they gain 20% Turn Meter. Whenever an ally falls below 100% Health, Inferno Squad allies gain Retribution for 1 turn.
Del Meeko was a stormtrooper, shoretrooper and TIE pilot; I chose to use the first two's characteristics to make him a tank. Potency Down is debuff which surprisingly isn't in the game yet, even though its mirror's is.

Seyn Marana Dark Side, Empire, Inferno Squad, Support
Long-Range Snipe Basic: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and inflict Evasion Down. If the target had Defense Down, this effect cannot be Resisted. This attack cannot be Evaded.
Melee Training Special: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and Daze them for 2 turns. If the target had any Buffs, call a random Inferno Squad ally to assist. (2 turn CD)
Innocent Slave Special: Gain Stealth and Heal Over Time for 3 turns then inflict Expose on all enemies. Rebel enemies can’t Resist this debuff. (4 turn CD)
Eidetic Memory Unique: Seyn Marana has +10% Evasion, +10% Critical Avoidance and +10% Tenacity against enemies that already struck her, and has +10% Accuracy, +10% Critical Chance and +10% Potency against enemies she already struck.
We don't know much about Seyn except she could take out any foe at over five kilometers, also she's highly trained in melee combat. Melee Training is a melee combo, while Innocent Slave is basically the same animation as Leia's Rebel Tactics.

Replies

• Only thing missing is the imperial troopers faction tag
  • That would be a much needed move toward the Dark Side. But Empire is not the only DS faction. Other lesser factions got stale as the game went the power route. They need some love too.

But new, competent DS characters would be great anyway.
  • I was looking forward to having iden Versio in the game with the Battlefront 2 release and possibly rose for the resistence...instead we get bb8, a toon I've never seen anyone asking for.

I would prefer to have padme (queen Amidala and geonosis are an version) both be in the game fist, but I would have rather had what you posted tc before bb8.
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Also it seems inferno squad couldget dual synergy, so Dark Side, Empire, First Order, Inferno Squad that way two DS factions are covered ;)
  • I'm sure we'll get Inferno Squad after Battle Front II comes out.
  • Yeah I can see this coming too. I just hope they give some love to shore trooper and erg and a few others while they do. It's time for the Empire to Strike Back!
  • That all looks extremely well thought out and balanced and I pray to the Force that the developers take a look at this page and implement them. I know i just don't want another shoddy Magmatrooper or some clone there in. the thought makes me shudder with apprehensive fear.
  • I sincerely hope they add Inferno, listening to the Audio book now and some of those characters are amazing. They have a droid synergy one, pilots, and a ship that could require 3 or 4 crew. I honest to goodness would not mind farming those however I have to.
  • I sincerely hope they add Inferno, listening to the Audio book now and some of those characters are amazing. They have a droid synergy one, pilots, and a ship that could require 3 or 4 crew. I honest to goodness would not mind farming those however I have to.

Well, in all seriousness, all logic and reason points in that direction. Back tracking a little bit, when Battlefront I released we got Magmatrooper. Now, he's...not the best but I bring him up because there was no real story line to the first battlefront but they tossed us a Dark Side toon anyhow.

With Battlefront II on the rise it would make additional sense considering now the main characters of said video game are ALL Dark Side. Also, since I also feel that we'll get a Dark Side Territory Battles eventually this addition of new Dark Side toons would help tremendously because if my count is correct the light side has an enormous numerical advantage. The same goes for ships as well.

I'm just saying this a big opportunity for the Dark Side to come back in a big way with some really keystone [EXPLETIVE] bad **** characters. The book adds additional lore to draw from as well although I'm not sure if they'll include Seyn. That's debatable. I could see Iden as a support or attacker/leader with First Order and Empire tags. Hask would def. be an attacker and Meeko could be a right and proper tank.

In closing cause this is now a **** essay, i think all we need to do is wait and be patient for the inevitable.