Really? (subtitle: GW is obscenely unfair)

spartakos
8 posts Member
edited September 2017
Generally SWGOH is a fun and challenging game with a clear path to expertise and higher levels. PvP, Raids, Events, all are very well designed, many are very challenging yet fair.

That is, except for Galactic War. The algorithms used to match squads in GW are completely broken.

How is this?
- Players are matched against obscenely overpowered enemy squads in GW in at least 3 rounds.
- Enemy squads either 5-10 levels above player's, or obscenely maxed out where player's are nowhere near that level.
- Enemy squads have a grossly unfair advantage in that
- they already are facing players squads fresh and topped off
- they heal and refresh between rounds
- their turn meters are already reduced
- they always have first strike advantage even with maxed out speed on player's side
- they have free rein on every ability and are optimized for play
The end result is never being able to complete any GWs since they get nuked by 1, 2, or 3 sickeningly overpowered squads.

I don't get it. The matching algorithms for Arena work WELL. This should be applicable to GW, but are not. GW is rendered unplayable because of this.

You really, really, REALLY need to fix this. NO advantages for enemy squads!

Fixes include:
- better match enemy squads to player squad's actual power. STOP matching enemy squads so far above player squad power. Just STOP!
Arena/PvP actually does this right. Why not use that algorithm for GW matches? Instead of pairing a Level 85 with XI gear and partial zetas with a psychotic maxed out squad with all XII gear, and all zetas. It's UNFAIR.
- or, if you can't find it within yourselves to fix matching, give player advantages to better even the playing field
1. provide players with extra in round healing powers as in events
2. provide players with toon heal-ups between rounds
2. provide players with advantage (first attack regardless, instead of giving enemy squad first attack regardless; reduced player turn meter; )
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    spartakos wrote: »
    - their turn meters are already reduced
    - they always have first strike advantage even with maxed out speed on player's side

Sorry what? I have no idea what you mean by either of these but the enemy starts at 0 TM which is a huge advantage for the player. If you get TM built up on several of your own squads early on it will allow you to go first even with lower speed.
  • spartakos
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Nope, opposing teams don't start at 0 TM. All opposing teams get first strike at my character even when I get advantage over the same teams in PvP due to my speed.

When actually facing an equal opposing team (which is rare), I observe such egregious behaviour as DNs unleashing Annihilate in 3 turns. No way for a player to do that. It's a cheat and it needs to stop.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • spartakos
    8 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    In fact, that would be part of a good fix. In every battle, opposing teams TM starts at 0. I.e enemy team's TM resets to 0 at every round. Opposing teams start fresh.
    Post edited by spartakos on
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    You are incorrect. The opposing team starts at 0 TM. You may not see it because they immediately gain as much TM as it takes for somebody to go (which is by no means necessarily the opponent), but if you have somebody at 100% TM going into a node, you will be able to see that they start at 0 and stay there until you take your turn. Unless you are facing a Zaul team, of course.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    And arena has no algorithm that's just where people have earned a spot,

And the ai in gw doesn't get all it's cooldown fresh that is randomized I have seen many many times the opponents not using there specials in the same order as in arena.

And if your opponent had tm it's because you already lost a team to them and they get what's left from that match just like you do
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

And if your opponent had tm it's because you already lost a team to them and they get what's left from that match just like you do

Ah! Yes. The OP kept referring to "each round" but if he is doing multiple fights within a round because he lost a team, that would be the case.
  • I'm seeing opponents having TM when they are supposed to start fresh (first battle, not second, etc. after losing to them), and it doesn't appear randomized, but rather consistently ahead by at least 3.
  • You can say they have 0 TM, but I'm not seeing that. And it's only one of a long list of what's unfair with GW.
  • spartakos wrote: »
    I'm seeing opponents having TM when they are supposed to start fresh (first battle, not second, etc. after losing to them), and it doesn't appear randomized, but rather consistently ahead by at least 3.

It's not randomized. When everybody starts at 0 it then immediately jumps to the person with the fastest speed having 100% and everybody else at the appropriate TM based on speed. Are you actually looking at the speeds of the characters before you go into battle? Because I go first in GW in pretty much every fight. So maybe your speed isn't as "maxed out" as you think. And if you were preloading TM properly that wouldn't even be an issue.
  • WRONG WRONG WRONG.
    GW is utterly UNFAIR and broken.
    Darth_Cowboy is WRONG. And a beneficiary of the sick and evil CHEAT culture in GW.
    There are sick evil CHEATER players who can unleash high TM attacks at the first round. They need to be stopped because they may GW a trash cheatfest.
    FIX IT EA!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ksshanam wrote: »
    WRONG WRONG WRONG.
    GW is utterly UNFAIR and broken.
    Darth_Cowboy is WRONG. And a beneficiary of the sick and evil CHEAT culture in GW.
    There are sick evil CHEATER players who can unleash high TM attacks at the first round. They need to be stopped because they may GW a trash cheatfest.
    FIX IT EA!

@ksshanam
    Would you care to elaborate, because what you are saying is 100% wrong from my understanding of what you wrote. Players can't cheat on the AI side of GW. You are playing against player built teams but they are on server side AI control, which means no way to cheat(short of hacking EA).
    And arena has no algorithm that's just where people have earned a spot,

And the ai in gw doesn't get all it's cooldown fresh that is randomized I have seen many many times the opponents not using there specials in the same order as in arena.

I also see nothing wrong in anything he is saying here.