Gaze Into My Crystal Ball: Predictions for SWGoH

Halcyone
60 posts Member
edited September 2017
Hey everyone, I’ve been playing Galaxy of Heroes since a couple months after launch and I’d like to share some predictions I have about what to expect in the future. Please note, I have no insider information and this is all pure speculation. Always in motion the future is. Let me know what you think and I can’t wait to see your theories!

Legendary Events
Considering the pretty overwhelming positive feedback from A Hero’s Journey, I believe that we are going to see more Legendary events, with more canon story elements. I suspect that Rey’s character progression in SWGoH will mirror Luke’s Journey and that she will have her own event series. We may even see a Dark Side version for Kylo Ren (pretty please devs). Here is a list of characters I believe will be introduced in this style and potential toons required to unlock them.
  • Jedi Luke: Commander Luke Skywalker, Hermit Yoda, Lando Calrissian, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, Captain Han Solo. Maybes: Rebel Chewie, Lobot
  • Jedi Apprentice Rey: Finn, Poe, Rey, Veteran Smuggler Han & Chewie. Maybe BB-8
  • C3P0: Ewoks, support character similar to Hermit Yoda
  • Jango Fett: Clones or Bounty Hunters. Accompanied with reworks and additional toon releases
  • Padme: Galactic Republic or Separatists. Accompanied with reworks and additional toon releases
  • Rebel / OG Chewie: Raid Han Solo, maybe Lando Calrissian and either Scoundrels or Bounty Hunters
  • Mother Talzin: Nightsisters. Accompanied with reworks and additional toon releases

Factions
I believe that eventually we’ll see many factions reworked, with more toons released in order to ensure that there is at least one strong 5 toon team per faction. While these teams may not be viable at top tier arena, I think they will be useful for raids or territory battles, just as the updated Ewoks and Imperial Troopers have been in the AAT. Or they’ll be required for future Legendary events unlocks. Overall, I think that CG’s design philosophy at this point is to ensure that every character is worth farming and will be useful in some aspect of the game, even if it’s a minor one such as platoon missions. One day you’ll regret not farming CUP and JKG. (It’s not my fault.)

Hopefully all of the following will see faction passes: Separatists, Galactic Republic, Geonosians, Tuskens, Nightsisters, Bounty Hunters, Jedi

Furthermore, I think we will continue to see characters released from Star Wars Legends. Darth Nihilus’ release this year was incredible: his animations and kit are perfect for him. I’m a huge KotOR fan, and he’s one of my favorite villains and it made me so happy to have him in game. I believe eventually we will get to see more characters from those games and era make it into SWGoH, especially because it allows for many more Sith characters. Pretty please Darth Malak, Kreia and Revan to name a few. Unfortunately, I doubt we’ll see any character from Legends that would exist at the same time as the new films.

Gear 12 and Final Level Cap
I believe that G12 is the final gear tier for the game and that once you complete all the slots required for G12, the gear for that character will be complete. This is based off of a couple of things. First, the current in game UI which shows at the bottom that Gear Lvl XII >> Gear Lvl XII.

uo9w8Ny.png

This implies that after finishing the G12 requirements, the character stays at G12.

Previously this has always shown the next gear number, like this:

IFzTO1t.png

Furthermore, we’ve always had PVE characters at gear tiers beyond what was possible for players. Now we’ve finally caught up, with the highest PVE gear in game at 12. However, there are toons at level 86 (Cantina Battles Stage 8), which leads me to think we will hit a final level cap of level 90 or 100.

Finally, I believe that G12 will be a final cap due to balance reasons. It must take a ridiculous amount of time and work to design new gear, plan out what gear will go on each character, balance their stats and ensure that game balance is maintained as power increases. I would bet that this is the main reason gear increases happen so rarely. My prediction is that the final slots for G12 will be released in a year with a new territory battle. Once we hit the final gear cap, I think we’ll see CG increase the speed at which new characters are released into the game.

Annual Forecast
Here’s a rough timeline of what I think will happen over the next year.
  1. October 2017: A faction rework and toon releases
  2. Nov 2017: Release of Battlefront II toons and ships, with a focus on DS Empire & First Order
  3. Dec 2017 – Jan 2018: Release of Last Jedi toons and ships, FO & Resistance, Rey Legendary Event
  4. Winter 2018: Ship Update with Hardware abilities and new PVE game mode to farm them, Season 4 Rebels toons.
  5. Spring 2018: Release of Han Solo film toons, Rebel Chewie unlock, original Millennium Falcon
  6. Summer 2018: Jedi Luke unlock, maybe 6 star mods
  7. Summer – Fall 2018: Dark Side Territory Battle on Endor or Hoth to finish G12

That’s it, thanks for reading!

Ps.
khcee.jpg

Post edited by Halcyone on

Replies

• niko2018
    171 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Ignore this
  • Halcyone wrote: »
    Hey everyone, I’ve been playing Galaxy of Heroes since a couple months after launch and I’d like to share some predications I have about what to expect in the future. Please note, I have no insider information and this is all pure speculation. Always in motion the future is. Let me know what you think and I can’t wait to see your theories!

Legendary Events
    Considering the pretty overwhelming positive feedback from A Hero’s Journey, I believe that we are going to see more Legendary events, with more canon story elements. I suspect that Rey’s character progression in SWGoH will mirror Luke’s Journey and that she will have her own event series. We may even see a Dark Side version for Kylo Ren (pretty please devs). Here is a list of characters I believe will be introduced in this style and potential toons required to unlock them.
    • Jedi Luke: Commander Luke Skywalker, Hermit Yoda, Lando Calrissian, Rebel Officer Leia Organa, Captain Han Solo. Maybes: Rebel Chewie, Lobot
    • Jedi Apprentice Rey: Finn, Poe, Rey, Veteran Smuggler Han & Chewie. Maybe BB-8
    • C3P0: Ewoks, support character similar to Hermit Yoda
    • Jango Fett: Clones or Bounty Hunters. Accompanied with reworks and additional toon releases
    • Padme: Galactic Republic or Separatists. Accompanied with reworks and additional toon releases
    • Rebel / OG Chewie: Raid Han Solo, maybe Lando Calrissian and either Scoundrels or Bounty Hunters
    • Mother Talzin: Nightsisters. Accompanied with reworks and additional toon releases

Factions
    I believe that eventually we’ll see many factions reworked, with more toons released in order to ensure that there is at least one strong 5 toon team per faction. While these teams may not be viable at top tier arena, I think they will be useful for raids or territory battles, just as the updated Ewoks and Imperial Troopers have been in the AAT. Or they’ll be required for future Legendary events unlocks. Overall, I think that CG’s design philosophy at this point is to ensure that every character is worth farming and will be useful in some aspect of the game, even if it’s a minor one such as platoon missions. One day you’ll regret not farming CUP and JKG. (It’s not my fault.)

Hopefully all of the following will see faction passes: Separatists, Galactic Republic, Geonosians, Tuskens, Nightsisters, Bounty Hunters, Jedi

Furthermore, I think we will continue to see characters released from Star Wars Legends. Darth Nihilus’ release this year was incredible: his animations and kit are perfect for him. I’m a huge KotOR fan, and he’s one of my favorite villains and it made me so happy to have him in game. I believe eventually we will get to see more characters from those games and era make it into SWGoH, especially because it allows for many more Sith characters. Pretty please Darth Malak, Kreia and Revan to name a few. Unfortunately, I doubt we’ll see any character from Legends that would exist at the same time as the new films.

Gear 12 and Final Level Cap
    I believe that G12 is the final gear tier for the game and that once you complete all the slots required for G12, the gear for that character will be complete. This is based off of a couple of things. First, the current in game UI which shows at the bottom that Gear Lvl XII >> Gear Lvl XII.

uo9w8Ny.png

This implies that after finishing the G12 requirements, the character stays at G12.

Previously this has always shown the next gear number, like this:

IFzTO1t.png

Furthermore, we’ve always had PVE characters at gear tiers beyond what was possible for players. Now we’ve finally caught up, with the highest PVE gear in game at 12. However, there are toons at level 86 (Cantina Battles Stage 8), which leads me to think we will hit a final level cap of level 90 or 100.

Finally, I believe that G12 will be a final cap due to balance reasons. It must take a ridiculous amount of time and work to design new gear, plan out what gear will go on each character, balance their stats and ensure that game balance is maintained as power increases. I would bet that this is the main reason gear increases happen so rarely. My prediction is that the final slots for G12 will be released in a year with a new territory battle. Once we hit the final gear cap, I think we’ll see CG increase the speed at which new characters are released into the game.

Annual Forecast
    Here’s a rough timeline of what I think will happen over the next year.
    1. October 2017: A faction rework and toon releases
    2. Nov 2017: Release of Battlefront II toons and ships, with a focus on DS Empire & First Order
    3. Dec 2017 – Jan 2018: Release of Last Jedi toons and ships, FO & Resistance, Rey Legendary Event
    4. Winter 2018: Ship Update with Hardware abilities and new PVE game mode to farm them, Season 4 Rebels toons.
    5. Spring 2018: Release of Han Solo film toons, Rebel Chewie unlock, original Millennium Falcon
    6. Summer 2018: Jedi Luke unlock, maybe 6 star mods
    7. Summer – Fall 2018: Dark Side Territory Battle on Endor or Hoth to finish G12

That’s it, thanks for reading!

Ps.
    khcee.jpg

Yeah, but what if Rey turns to the dark side and Kylo turns to the light side. Or Luke has gone to the dark side. Will the game change to reflect that. Doubt it.
  • I hope you're right! This sounds awesome... I'd be happy if the devs just added a bunch of dark side characters to fill out those factions more.
  • Jango, mother talzin, and padme aint legendary
  • I love your enthusiasm for KOTOR, but the version of DN they released looks like the one from SWTOR with the visible chin. What are your thoughts on territory battles? it really seems like endgame content with how rosters are utilized and other locations for TBs can involve locations like endor, scarif, naboo, genoshia, etc... Also, ships seem like are going to be expanded with ship raids (Death Star?)
  • Not interest in new toons.. unless i'm done gearing my present toons. In a century maybe?
    :frowning:
  • A lot of thought on this. Good post.
  • Hope you're right about the gear part.
  • Halcyone
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Davius wrote: »
    I love your enthusiasm for KOTOR, but the version of DN they released looks like the one from SWTOR with the visible chin. What are your thoughts on territory battles? it really seems like endgame content with how rosters are utilized and other locations for TBs can involve locations like endor, scarif, naboo, genoshia, etc... Also, ships seem like are going to be expanded with ship raids (Death Star?)

I think TBs or more specifically guild events will be the format for all new major guild content because
    1. Not needing guild tokens to launch events
    2. All guild members get equal rewards
    3. TBs will scale much better as power increases.
    4. Flexible and scalable challenges within TB. We could have easily had an ATAT or ATST style mini raid within the current TB
    5. Combo of ships and toons.

That being said I think it would be fun to have more raids that aren't tied to gear drops. I really loved theory crafting teams for AAT, because it was a good challenge and totally different requirements then other areas of the game. It also probably won't be too hard for them to change it so that every guild member gets equal rewards.

Ah **** you're right about the chin, I hadn't noticed it before.
  • Halcyone
    60 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    usho1 wrote: »
    Hope you're right about the gear part.

me too, me toooooooo
  • Halcyone wrote: »
    Davius wrote: »
    I love your enthusiasm for KOTOR, but the version of DN they released looks like the one from SWTOR with the visible chin. What are your thoughts on territory battles? it really seems like endgame content with how rosters are utilized and other locations for TBs can involve locations like endor, scarif, naboo, genoshia, etc... Also, ships seem like are going to be expanded with ship raids (Death Star?)

I think TBs or more specifically guild events will be the format for all new major guild content because
    1. Not needing guild tokens to launch events
    2. All guild members get equal rewards
    3. TBs will scale much better as power increases.
    4. Flexible and scalable challenges within TB. We could have easily had an ATAT or ATST style mini raid within the current TB
    5. Combo of ships and toons.

That being said I think it would be fun to have more raids that aren't tied to gear drops. I really loved theory crafting teams for AAT, because it was a good challenge and totally different requirements then other areas of the game. It also probably won't be too hard for them to change it so that every guild member gets equal rewards.

Ah **** you're right about the chin, I hadn't noticed it before.

Imo they will still add raids, 4phases is good format, and they might tweak rewards system (for older gears to be easiy obtainable) if they really do cap at 12 (which I hope they will) then releasing new raid with a drop of carbanatis and other hard obtainable gear increased, would make sense.
  • Whatever_Man
    76 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Let's be real. The next event will be CUP centered.

We'll finally get the faction no one even knew they wanted and it'll be meta.

Coruscant Underworld Undercover Police (CUUP)
    Coruscant Really Underworld Detective (CRUD)
    Coruscant Underworld Police in Training (CUPIC)
    Coruscant Underworld Police of Coffee (CUP of Coffee)

Zeta on the last one. zCUP of Coffee

I'm ready CG. Bring it on.
  • Let's be real. The next event will be CUP centered.

We'll finally get the faction no one even knew they wanted and it'll be meta.

Coruscant Underworld Undercover Police (CUUP)
    Coruscant Really Underworld Detective (CRUD)
    Coruscant Underworld Police in Training (CUPIC)
    Coruscant Underworld Police of Coffee (CUP of Coffee)

Zeta on the last one. zCUP of Coffee

I'm ready CG. Bring it on.

Whatever man
  • I thought this was a well written post and appreciate the detail you put into it! I agree that your timeline and content looks tangible.

I think October would be good time for a Nightsister rework to add a dark side witch theme compliment to Halloween.

I hope you're wrong about the release date for Dark Side TB. I think the fans are demanding it and it should be released sooner rather than later.
  • I enjoyed your article. I would make a correction though.

predication
    noun pred·i·ca·tion \ ˌpre-də-ˈkā-shən
    Definition of predication

1 archaic
    a :an act of proclaiming or preaching
    b :sermon
    2 :an act or instance of predicating: such as
    a :the expression of action, state, or quality by a grammatical predicate
    b :the logical affirmation of something about another; especially :assignment of something to a class

Prediction
    a thing predicted; a forecast

While predication makes some sense I think you meant prediction.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Jango, mother talzin, and padme aint legendary

This is funny... we already know that legendary events don't necessarily have legendary characters... AKA Thrawn.

predication

1 archaic
    b :the logical affirmation of something about another; especially :assignment of something to a class

Prediction

+1
  • I think this is excellent. Part of the fun of the game is hoping and planning for future content. Great job.

predication

1 archaic

Prediction

lol **** its definitely supposed to be prediction hahaha major typo
  • 0/1 on legendary events :D
  • I predict more game changes so we buy more crystal packs. Also more of these stupid legendary events with a 7 day notice
  • Please no padme...
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info