What is the most effective, non unique buff?

The_Light_Sider
208 posts Member
edited September 2017
From defense up to health over time, buffs often dominate the battle and determine the outcome, and consistent utilization of buffs is often the gate to victory, but which is the most effective (overall) in your opinion?
The effectiveness of buffs depends on potency and tenacity, as well as which characters they are applied towards, though which is overall the most effective?

What is the most effective, non unique buff? 33 votes

Defense Up
3%
Cesium 1 vote
Offense Up
15%
Darken26MassovTrollsbanePapa_Palpatine1MaathFaselli_1 5 votes
Bonus Protection
3%
vincentlondon 1 vote
Health over Time
3%
Katojan 1 vote
Tenacity Up
45%
TooLElleMadaraProximaB1_DRVR2istheheroDarthKevinJ7Lukedavid6RacerDejakAdmiral_Wh1skerseyezidibaShadeslayer7JaVCnThe_Light_SiderCthreeDtwo 15 votes
Potency Up
0%
Critical Chance Up
3%
Ploosh 1 vote
Stealth
15%
LiamtbqhjjaaccoobbDeadp00lTVBillcarson66Damba_Ba 5 votes
Taunt
3%
Buffbeardo 1 vote
Other
9%
stohelitNapoliTothebar 3 votes

Replies

• Other
    I'm torn between Tenacity Up and Speed Up.
  • Tenacity Up
    Tenacity Up is useful in so many situations.
  • Foresight seems like it should at least be on the list. Top 3 buff IMO.
  • Offense Up
    cmon guys it's 50% offense can't beat that! offense, foresight, stealth, taunt, and crit dmg, are my top 5.
  • Tenacity Up
    I love that for now.. bcause stun rebel meta and everyone have same team. Cls, r2, han solo (put another power char here) :joy:
  • stohelit
    149 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Other
    Why did you chose just those buffs? Will probably skew the results, since you left some great buffs in "other."
    At least providing the full list of buffs along side would help (so people remember what in other).

This is so character/opponent/situation dependent - hard to chose. But I guess having other be so broad makes it an easy pick. (i.e. other includes advantage AND retribution AND critical hit immunity, as well as speed up and foresight, all of which are good to great buffs).

If I really had to chose one, I think retribution and stealth.

http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/swgoh-resources/buffs-debuffs-list/
    (A bit out of date, but still some reminder.)
    [e.g. Doesn't mention that stealth blocks retribution.
    Also doesn't mention target lock on characters.]