Exclusive Heroes Concerns

Prev134
Alecation
211 posts Member
edited February 2016
Please Don't bring all exclusive heroes to F2P, You already made QGJ, F2P that disappointed a lot of pay players, we don't pay thousands of dollars just to play a character before people, we pay because they are decent characters that couldn't not be farmed.

I have Obiwan at 6*, and I am afraid to spend another $500-$1000 to see if I can get him 7*, to only see him go to non exclusive

I wish more P2P players would will join me on not buying chromiums anymore until we know characters we spend money getting it, won't become free! that is throwing away money

I will continue to spend on refresh to farm all my characters gears, etc, I do like to level up all my characters

===Edited===

after reading everyone post and concerns..

I believe if you set a specific time how long each character will be exclusive to chromium when that character is released, will take the mystery and disappointment that we go trough when EA randomly decides to move from chromium exclusive to farmable on another method.
Post edited by Alecation on

Replies

• Options
    this thread is rediculous. f2p deserves some toons too. theres still a good handful of unavailable ones. i really dont think this is a fair complaint
  • Options
    P2W is bad. I'll recap from the thread already made on this.

It's healthy that all characters eventually enter the general population if they want to keep the F2P model viable. Regardless of where the majority of income is from (it varies from game to game and we don't have the numbers) the plankton and fish make up a majority of the playerbase. If they leave because the game looks P2W, you take a massive hit to your active player numbers, and whales lose people to play against / show off to and they often move on as well.

For absolute exclusives they could follow the prestige cosmetics model and sell cosmetic items you can't farm or acquire any other way. Alternate costumes and such wtithout gameplay impact.

For example Jedi Padawan Asajj and Ahsoka, Spidertank Maul, Saber Rey, special portraits for arena, alternate attack or idle animations.

• QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    +1.

Is it worth to spend a lot of money for something exclusive? - YES.

Is it worth to spend a lot of money for something temporarily exclusive? - NO.

So i stopped buying Chromiums. I dont like throwing money out of the Window.
  • Options
    I have 2 accounts, one f2p and other p2p, I can finish first place on both, I usually don't because of last minute attacks, and its hard to manage last minute attack on 2 accounts

my point is I made a f2p account just as a challenge and fun, and you don't need exclusive characters to make it to the top
  • RamzaBeoulve
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    i think its funny people have no idea of patience and time anymore. buying your way into top 1 is weak. im sorry. its appealling sure. but to really expect players to not have accesss to a minimal amount of the power that is the exclusive characters?? seriously?? they put 5 shards a day give or take in squad cantina and now the meta is evolving in a better way. if you can't formulate a better version of your squad with how many 7* toons you have i feel bad for you. there is a lot more to this game then just shards and gear and levels. figure out some unknown synergies with your extra toons. dont come on here and compain that your money isnt buying you enough exclusive content or arena wins. you have exclusive content if you spent all that money. now quit complaining and work on your roster lol jesus
  • Options
    they just released rex and yoda and a new toon in 2 weeks. some more exclusive content right in front of your face
  • Options
    i think its funny people have no idea of patience and time anymore. buying your way into top 1 is weak. im sorry. its appealling sure. but to really expect players to not have accesss to a minimal amount of the power that is the exclusive characters?? seriously?? they put 5 shards a day give or take in squad cantina and now the meta is evolving in a better way. if you can't formulate a better version of your squad with how many 7* toons you have i feel bad for you. there is a lot more to this game then just shards and gear and levels. figure out some unknown synergies with your extra toons. dont come on here and compain that your money isnt buying you enough exclusive content or arena wins. you have exclusive content if you spent all that money. now quit complaining and work on your roster lol jesus

you totally missed my point, not complaining that chomium characters needs to be better than free characters!! just saying wish they would stay exclusive to people that spends money to get them

I am glad GS is awesome and so easy to get, make free characters more powerful if needed, but don't bring exclusive heroes to non exclusive

EXCLUSIVE!!

not temporary exclusive
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    One day to pay for a product thousands and the next it is free, WHO wouldnt be upset?

Sure F2P should have also the fun playing with QGJ e.g. But EA could have easily created a farmable version (QGJ the Jedi) slightly different than the exclusive one (QGJ the Master) for instance and Noone would feel ripped Off and F2P had the fun playing him. But they prefered to destroy the percieved value of ANY chromium exclusive character since tomorrow any char could be farmable and all spendings in chromium Is money thrown out of the Window.
  • Options
    Why people spend thousands of $ on an app game is baffling.

However, if the requirement to get a certain character and get them to 7* is several thousand dollars there really is no defensible justification in making that character free a few months later.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Why people spend thousands of $ on an app game is baffling.

However, if the requirement to get a certain character and get them to 7* is several thousand dollars there really is no defensible justification in making that character free a few months later.

+1
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    they just released rex and yoda and a new toon in 2 weeks. some more exclusive content right in front of your face

Do you really think People (like me and the OP) will do the the same mistake twice thinking Rex is exclusive?

• Options
    Where did it say you'd be the only one to get him? F2p get chromiums too...just slower. So instead of rotating one toon you'd rather them keep adding more dropping the chances for toons you want even lower? You made a lot of assumptions fellas.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    Should i understand your post? No clue what u Are Talking about... Sorry

Are u adressing me?

@Darth_Katsumoto
  • Options
    It's like en entire generation of adults were never taught to share. If you're **** that QGJ went f2p (and in a hard location). You probably need to reevaluate your life.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Alecation wrote: »
    Please Don't bring all exclusive heroes to F2P, You already made QGJ, F2P that disappointed a lot of pay players, we don't pay thousands of dollars just to play a character before people, we pay because they are decent characters that couldn't not be farmed.

I have Obiwan at 6*, and I am afraid to spend another $500-$1000 to see if I can get him 7*, to only see him go to non exclusive

I wish more P2P players would will join me on not buying chromiums anymore until we know characters we spend money getting it, won't become free! that is throwing away money

I will continue to spend on refresh to farm all my characters gears, etc, I do like to level up all my characters

OP, could you please clarify what is your ultimate objective? You want a game where you have advantage over other players because unable to win without? But such a win doesn't give you much honor (what brings honor is a win in a game with equal chances). Also, there is no fun to play if you have serious default advantage - yes you are stronger, but only because there is restricted access, not because you (as a player) are good.

If there are other reasons - please specify, currently it is not entirely clear why availability of QGJ in shipments and bundle makes you so sad. Game becomes more interesting with more characters available for selection, and you as a player also benefit from the game being more interesting, even if it becomes so due to your opposition being stronger :)
  • Options

Two words. Shut. Up
  • Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

OP, could you please clarify what is your ultimate objective? You want a game where you have advantage over other players because unable to win without? But such a win doesn't give you much honor (what brings honor is a win in a game with equal chances). Also, there is no fun to play if you have serious default advantage - yes you are stronger, but only because there is restricted access, not because you (as a player) is good.

That's exactly what he wants. he's hiding it behind a "I don't want to waste my money on a character that will go free" reason.

Hey, here is a wild idea. Instead of paying out butt on an app game. Show some PATIENCE!
  • Options
    @QGJM

Not especially but if the shoe fits lace that so and so up and wear it lol.

If it helps I will translate my post to something easier to comprehend....

You are entitled to jack!

For those with a better grasp of the language I speak (that's the language of love), whales are generally paying for early access and faster progression. I've tried several of these types of games including others from EA and that's how it has been in all of those. I can see why it would be a concern, but consider the other thoughts like maybe they were making room for Rex or they moved QGJ for the Jedi event. Surely you don't think it's fair if only whales get to play the event?

One final thought for you big spenders. I get that some of you feel you deserve more for your money but I'm curious...doesn't the guy that spent $5 more than you deserve to be better than you? Should he get to try the events and you sit it out? Always whales vs f2p what about whale vs whale? Perhaps the things you desire should be enforced upon you from those who have spent more than you have.
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    There are people who spend a lot of money only for crystals because they don't like gambling. So why you want to make those who spent money on crystals not to be able to have some specific heroes? Maybe you prefer to spend your money to get GQJ 7* from packs. Others prefer to do it with cantina refreshes from crystals. Why EA/CG should look after only for gamblers?
  • Options
    Hey, here is a wild idea. Instead of paying out butt on an app game. Show some PATIENCE!

That's the thing. Yes, I would also want to have 7* obi wan, 7* QGJ and 7* Rey. But i dont have those and use what i have instead. If what I have is a 7* jawa, i use a 7* jawa while gradually farming for QGJ and Rey. When they are ready, they will become part of the team, and for the time being it's even fun to be able to grab top arena spot occasionally with a Jawa :)
  • Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

That's the thing. Yes, I would also want to have 7* obi wan, 7* QGJ and 7* Rey. But i dont have those and use what i have instead. If what I have is a 7* jawa, i use a 7* jawa while gradually farming for QGJ and Rey. When they are ready, they will become part of the team, and for the time being it's even fun to be able to grab top arena spot occasionally with a Jawa :)

This guy. He gets it
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    @President_Scroob
    @Ivan_Drago

Thanx for showing us your non existing ability to discuss a topic.

Feel free to troll in another Thread.
  • Options
    Not trolling. Its a simple fact. You are too impatient to use what you got till other toons go free. You want an advantage over other players NOW NOW NOW.
  • Options
    Concerns....

C...O...N...C...E...R...N...S

Back on topic...

How many of these threads are we going to see daily?? You pay for early access to characters, bottom line. You whales just got Rex and will get a Shard Shop exclusive. We got 1 character. Just relax and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    VaderJK12 wrote: »
    Concerns....

C...O...N...C...E...R...N...S

Back on topic...

How many of these threads are we going to see daily?? You pay for early access to characters, bottom line. You whales just got Rex and will get a Shard Shop exclusive. We got 1 character. Just relax and enjoy the game.
    LOL. Was trying to ignore the spelling. That's whats funny here. The whales don't get that this game isn't just for them.
  • Options
    I can see both sides to this. I've bought my fair share of chromiums, enough to get my leia to 7 and most of the others. I'm at a point now where it really doesn't benefit me to buy any more at this point. They added Rex, and I have him at 4 stars, but will I buy more chromium to try and level him up...not now. Say they add 2-4 new toons at a time, then I may find it worthwhile depending on the toons. But if you never release any, then you would just be getting more shards of toons you already have at 7*. The more exclusive toons in chromiums, the less of a percentage that you will get the ones you want, the more money you will have to spend to get said toons. The last thing I want is one toon added slowly to the packs.

Options could be a couple things.
    1. Retire a toon....maybe bring it back once a month every now and then or put it in an event special?
    2. Better overall chromium toons...toons that can reach 8*, higher power, different special abilities...Then when it is released, it could only be 7*, normal abilities, etc....

I'm sure we can come up with more ideas, but just letting them stack up in chromiums will not get me to buy more.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    This isnt about whales against F2P. You just dont get it. I am bored of u guys.
  • President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    QGJM wrote: »
    This isnt about whales against F2P. You just dont get it. I am bored of u guys.
    Yeah. It really is. You just don't want to admit it. The way this thread is presented smacks of whining about not being the biggest bully on the playground.

Now. If it was presented the way tune just did, it would have been different
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    @President_Scroob

Read this entire Thread before Talking to me again...
  • Kaninchen
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It doesn't make sense to me.

It is a CHROMIUM exclusive character, so:

1. It doesn't mean that F2P coudn't spend all their crystals on chromium just to get these chars (it means that activating/leveling them would be very slow).

2. If it was always available to F2P, you got the wrong idea when spending money on chromium. Spending money always gave you only EARLY access to the char and a FASTER WAY to level him up. It was never told that ONLY spenders could have a specific char.

3. So you could only complaint that now people can farm QGJ faster, that's all.

4. Finally, your complaint would make sense only if EA offered a char whose shards would be only available if you paid, which didn't happen so far.

;)

Edit: grammar
This discussion has been closed.