Raid Rewards

Random positioning or id positioning is neither reasonable solution nor fair for any raid rewards especially now that everybody solo Rancor. If two player hit same score they should share the same reward level. It is absurd that once you solo Rancor and get reward from #20th position.

Replies

• Options
    So one player solos the raid and 49players get #2 rewards without doing anything?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    it's very reasonable and fair.
    I get that everyone wants to get #1 rewards for pressing auto and waiting 10 minutes, but lets not pretent the current system isn't reasonable or fair.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Build solo team rancor is use many resources, include $$$. It is a insultment if the final position is decide by RNG.

But.. but.. oh well :disappointed:
  • Options
    CG has also made it much easier to solo the rancor w minimal investment in toons, if anything, that is unfair on those that built up TMR squads just for Rancor.

I say for those that previously could not solo the rancor be happy that they now even have a chance for top places.
  • Options
    Morpheus wrote: »
    CG has also made it much easier to solo the rancor w minimal investment in toons,

What in this context is a minimal investment?

As Leef pointed out, such a mechanism would instantly be abused.

• Options
    @Naw

The Rancor now takes minimal investment as you no longer have to farm specifically for the Rancor you can send characters in that you have been working on for other areas of the game and do well.

This time last year everyone was farming characters like Teebo specifically just for the Rancor.

I now use a team containing Wedge and Biggs who have no tm removal and still easily solo it.
  • Options
    @Naw

The Rancor now takes minimal investment as you no longer have to farm specifically for the Rancor you can send characters in that you have been working on for other areas of the game and do well.

This time last year everyone was farming characters like Teebo specifically just for the Rancor.

I now use a team containing Wedge and Biggs who have no tm removal and still easily solo it.

Let me guess, ur another team member is cls.. yes? :#
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    @Naw

Just to clarify, it's more of a task to farm Teebo (who was also good for HAAT P3) than farm the toons for Commander Luke Skywalker? :)
  • Options
    Character shards are the easy part, you just need time. Mods and gear have always been the gate. With CLS, you only have to gear 1 toon which has proven to be useful in all phases of the game.

It is so much easier and faster to solo the rancor now, you no longer need decent rng or much time.

For a 10min auto, I can't really complain too much. Except challenge gear - those need to go. Challenge gear is probably the root cause of disatisfaction with pit rewards.
  • Options
    My idea or fair distribution would be

1st place reward for everyone able to solo the raid
    Last place reward for everybody posting zero damage

Everyone in between getting the reward earned, I mean, if 3 folks were able to solo the raid it starts 4th.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    I get that everyone wants to get #1 rewards for pressing auto and waiting 10 minutes, but lets not pretent the current system isn't reasonable or fair.

You sound like someone who always gets #1 rewards because of a randomly assigned number instead of someone who always gets #20 for doing exactly the same thing.

I would rather see a random assignment of ranking in case of a tie. It would give everybody a random shot at a better prize.
  • Options
    Not much points anyway since the reward is so random. Top place does not guarantee you get good gears anyhow, and tbh usually lower rank net you better gears.

I personally never get good gear when in top place, scanner salvages I have thousands of, usually 20~30+ rank get me what I want, and it give out fully crafted gear way more often then top rank does to me, if anything they need to fix the rng of the reward first.

Unless you haven't 7* RH, then top rank have some slight benefit of getting more shards of RH.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

You sound like someone who always gets #1 rewards because of a randomly assigned number instead of someone who always gets #20 for doing exactly the same thing.

I would rather see a random assignment of ranking in case of a tie. It would give everybody a random shot at a better prize.

They made that change already quite some time ago. I wasn't in the top3 very often during the zvader easy solo days, there were 5 guildies that could solo the raid back then and would always be placed above me in the ranking. Luckely for me they changed that rank assigning mechanisme to random assignments in case of tied scores, specially because way more guildies can solo the raid now and it takes only 10min on auto.
    So your assumption about me was wrong and we've already got the system you'd rather see. Like i said; reasonable and fair.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    If two player hit same score they should share the same reward level. It is absurd that once you solo Rancor and get reward from #20th position.

No, absurd would be if they all received the first place rewards thus flooding the guild with all that gear (two reward crates instead of one). With randomized ranking over time it will even out and everyone able to solo it will end up with same average ranking (regarding the number of soloers is steady).

But OK, maybe they good split the number of coins, tokens and shards evenly.

• Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Here's what my guild does and we never get any ties. Instead of 24 hour 0dmg, we call out two factions you pick one guy out of those and do as much as you can (no cls when rebels is called) and after the first 24 we proceed to solo it
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    Just please even out the rewards for Rancor and Tank raids. They are GUILD activities, not competitions.
    I'm not asking for more total rewards, just give everyone the same amount of shards and the same goodie bag, or at least give us the OPTION to divide raid rewards like this. That shouldn't even take a lot of time to implement.
  • Options
    I get full gear with a score of zero. when i rank high i get prototypes of gear i dont need.
  • Options
    Random positioning or id positioning is neither reasonable solution nor fair for any raid rewards especially now that everybody solo Rancor. If two player hit same score they should share the same reward level. It is absurd that once you solo Rancor and get reward from #20th position.

Remove useless Challenge Gear from Raids pleeeeeease @CG_TopHat @CG_Method @CG_Kozispoon @CG_SaIera @CG_DarthBeneGesserit
  • Options
    ElleMadara wrote: »

Remove useless Challenge Gear from Raids pleeeeeease @CG_TopHat @CG_Method @CG_Kozispoon @CG_SaIera @CG_DarthBeneGesserit

plus 1