Has anyone else noticed that g12 isn't really worth the hype it was given?

I've increased several toons to g12 and even equipped some of the gear at g12 now and have noticed it makes little to no difference.

Has anyone else equipped any of the post g12 gear? Who have you put it on and what sort of improvements has it made, if any?

I was so excited to see these new changes but it seems its the same old over promise and under deliver treatment we're used to getting.

Replies

• Options
    Its the new gear that will
    Make the diff, getting to the g12 tier isnt the impressive part its the new pieces where the real gains will come
  • Options
    Shhh...

I like people being scared to attack my gold ringed toons because they don't know the truth ;)
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »
    Make the diff, getting to the g12 tier isnt the impressive part its the new pieces where the real gains will come

Op said he attached the new gear
  • Options
    Khayman wrote: »

Op said he attached the new gear

No way he has put more than one piece of that gear, done has only improved 1/3 of 1 toon, not a very good evaluation thinking there is over 120 toons with 3 slots each, give it time and the same person will be loaning about how strong X and Y toons are with G12 equipped
  • Options
    Depends, if grinding gear is your thing (I'm sure some do!) than yes, the hype is real.
  • Options
    I mean, just promoting my R2 and CLS to gear 12 was another 10K+ in protection so yeah it's worth it
  • Options
    The difference for RHS is pretty good, he went from being a pea shooter to being....
    A Han cannon!
    (Seriously, he did.)
  • Options
    Have to agree to a point @BoxandthefuzzForever (like the new forum name)
    I do think it will pan out to be better overall, the problem is still the same thing as always though.
    Darth Cheat Code and his enablers still will beat them. So we can spend a fortune gearing everyone up to g12 and have lots of shiny toys but a 4* nilly with a half jack Rex and a 5* thrawn will still be moving our squads down the line.
    A sickness was indeed found in the galaxy.
  • Options
    Maybe overall it may add a difference, but as someone who's added G12.5 gear it hardly makes any difference.

Really some toons only have 1 or 2 pieces worth equipping. The last piece is generally filler.

I mean if it is supposed to be a "massive" increase like the devs said, you would hope that equipping even 1 piece would be noticeable.

It's basically equivalent to equipping an extra 3 dot mod.
  • Options
    Not yet , but I am working hard to reach that revelation.
  • Options
    Some g12 gear doesn't benefit characters at all. Some physical based characters get special damage upgrades etc etc. It's a way of improving lesser characters to a standard that could match better characters more easily.
  • Options
    I found out the real useness in upgrade to g12 is it's cosmetic feature. Gold circle? Make my team looks more b4da$$.

In top 30 all are already g12.. as before g12 upgrade, i can get #1 at payout time, then drop to #10-15. Nothing change.. just trick to spend ur valuable crystals ;)