Thrawn-lead Team Need Help Choosing

Hey. I'm currently gearing up my three main empire chars (Thrawn, DT, ShT) and want to know who to put as the final 2, I have too many options. DN and GK are good options, as far as empire, I have TFP and EP I can also throw in there. Boba/Rex maybe? Idk. My swgoh.gg link is in my signature, was hoping you could help me. Also, is a G10 DT and ShT enough to compete in arena?

Replies

• Fizzik wrote: »
    Hey. I'm currently gearing up my three main empire chars (Thrawn, DT, ShT) and want to know who to put as the final 2, I have too many options. DN and GK are good options, as far as empire, I have TFP and EP I can also throw in there. Boba/Rex maybe? Idk. My swgoh.gg link is in my signature, was hoping you could help me. Also, is a G10 DT and ShT enough to compete in arena?

If you're putting DT in there, you need to put DK in there. GK is a great option for a tank. TFP is too squishy for arena, as is EP. It depends on what position in arena you want to maintain, but I would recommend Thrawn, DT, ShT, DK, and GK. Or if you really want to maintain a higher spot, sub out DT and DK for DN and Rex. That way your team is Rex, DN, ShT, Thrawn, and GK.

But that's just me. I personally love DK and DT together, they're amazing.
  • Fizzik wrote: »

If you're putting DT in there, you need to put DK in there. GK is a great option for a tank. TFP is too squishy for arena, as is EP. It depends on what position in arena you want to maintain, but I would recommend Thrawn, DT, ShT, DK, and GK. Or if you really want to maintain a higher spot, sub out DT and DK for DN and Rex. That way your team is Rex, DN, ShT, Thrawn, and GK.

But that's just me. I personally love DK and DT together, they're amazing.

My DK is only 4* and G7, that would be a bit of a pain to stack on top of gearing Thrawn, DT, and ShT at the same time. Should I do it anyway?

• Unfortunately, darksiade has a hard time against CLS even at gear 12. But Trawn lead is the best option. I would go with Trawn, DT, DN, GK, Shore. There is a new team with Trawn, DT, DK, Shore, StormT, but it requires a full stared DK. Otherwise DK as well as Palp or TFP are just too squishy (it changes for Palp if you use TB gear).

Get GK to gear 12, he will get much more protection.
  • Thrawn + shoretrooper are the real power... shoretrooper can heal 25% hp... thrawn can heal 40% of shoretrooper protection which at g12 can be over 70k!!! A 30k+ heal! Thats insane! Sure deathtrooper is an obvious choice to throw in vs the current rebel heavy arena meta... but you really need to play it by ear... you really don't even need thrawn to lead... thrawn/shoretrooper are plenty effective on there own.

I been having alot of luck in GW vs those uber powered up all g12 teams with zader lead/thrawn/shoretrooper/zarris and another for that particular battle like rex/nihlus & even ewok elder...

Experiment and find what works!
  • DarthNekros
    710 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I think it would be entirely worth it, although a bit time consuming. That team would annihilate. But as ^ this person said, you should experiment in GW and all just to help find what works.
  • I have seen videos that prove that zzThrawn + Shoretrooper + Stormtrooper + zDeathtrooper + Krennic are very much viable.
  • I run Thrawn shore storm DT and Dn. It's fun and I can stay in the top 20 no problem. If I get good rng still take first from time to time.
  • Here, a fresh evidence:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JqgmCofke0Y

Granted, the player has godmods.
  • Is it possible for me to avoid DK @C1pher_Five
  • Sure, Tarkin is also viable.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm running Thrawn, ShT, DT, GK and Tarkin. I've tried both Tarkin (zeta on lead) and Thrawn lead but Thrawn is better due to the offense and protection bonuses but also the TM gain. And ShT can also directly cleanse when CLS put buff immunity.
    Tarkin helps in there for the offense and CC down and TM reduction. His AoE triggers counter, but due to the debuff, ShT or GK can resist pretty well. Krennic will nevertheless be a better choice but you would need him 7* due to his low HP.
    EP is not a choice since he can be one shot by CLS who ignores taunt. I've also tried him but he didn't make a turn.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    I'm running Thrawn, ShT, DT, GK and Tarkin. I've tried both Tarkin (zeta on lead) and Thrawn lead but Thrawn is better due to the offense and protection bonuses but also the TM gain. And ShT can also directly cleanse when CLS put buff immunity.
    Tarkin helps in there for the offense and CC down and TM reduction. His AoE triggers counter, but due to the debuff, ShT or GK can resist pretty well. Krennic will nevertheless be a better choice but you would need him 7* due to his low HP.
    EP is not a choice since he can be one shot by CLS who ignores taunt. I've also tried him but he didn't make a turn.

So Krennic better than Tarkin, what about Veers?
  • GGYY wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »

Usually, CLS removes ShT's taunt first. When Veers play in defense, he will do his AoE who will trigger 4-5 counters and can kill your Veers easily.
  • BulYwif wrote: »
    GGYY wrote: »
    BulYwif wrote: »

Usually, CLS removes ShT's taunt first. When Veers play in defense, he will do his AoE who will trigger 4-5 counters and can kill your Veers easily.

Yes, but usually my Thrawn would debuffs ShT and heal his protection after that, so he can taunt and give crit immunity. Tarkin has an aoe as well, though he's probably more survivable due to his debuffs and high defenses.
  • It's not about offense, it's defense that matters. Tarkin is careless with AoE on AI, it takes him about 3-4 turns tu amp his potency-fueled defense high enough, before that he gets blasted away by counters.
  • It's not about offense, it's defense that matters. Tarkin is careless with AoE on AI, it takes him about 3-4 turns tu amp his potency-fueled defense high enough, before that he gets blasted away by counters.

Tarkin is surprisingly strong when he's countered. Usually, I start with Fracture, CLS put buff immunity on ShT, DT plays (AoE or not, depends on the situation, but I try to stun R2), and Tarkin plays, so I use Intimidation Tactics and plays his AoE right after. He has +130% defense due to IT and my potency. With a zeta on him, it would be +230% defense. IT also reduces the offense.
    Veers don't have this chance and when I used him, he was killed quickly.
    @GGYY Even if you restore protection and taunt on ShT, CLS ignores taunt and he can easily kill Veers by himself.
  • My Thrawn squad
    xJmcwJi.jpg

I went after the solid gold squad on the right
    ZONOa04.jpg

Left only their Fulcrum standing
    HeaRADl.jpg