Best character to farm in each store (lower levels mostly)

ColemanTrebor
255 posts Member
edited September 2017
Galactic war store:
Best characters to farm: Biggs Darklighter, Luminara Unduli
Decent characters to farm: Captain Phasma, IG-86, Garazeb, K2-SO, Teeboo, Cad Bane (5th scoundrel)
Do not farm: Tusken raider, Nightsister Initiate

Cantina battle store:
Best to farm: Boba Fett, Qui-Gon Jinn, Fives
Decent to farm: Chopper, Poe Dameron, Old Daka, Ahsoka
Do not farm: Mob enforcer, Jedi Knight Guardian, Pao

Squad arena store:
Best to farm: Leia, Admiral Ackbar, Stormtrooper Han, Darth Sidious, IG-88 (scoundrel)
Decent to farm: Kanan Jarrus, Mace Windu, Tarkin, Cassian Andor (best if you have K2-SO) Savage Opress (Sith team)
HK-47 (droid leader)
Do not farm: Coruscant underworld police, Eeth koth, Nute Gunray, Ugnaught

Guild shipments:
Best to farm: Rey, Rex, Darth Maul, Jyn Erso, Sun Fac
Decent to farm: Sabine, Cody, Echo, Ima-Gun Di, resistance trooper, Jawa engineer (droid team), ewok elder
Do not farm: Gamorrean Guard, Tusken Shaman

Fleet store:
Best characters to farm: Wedge Antilles(!), Darth Vader(!), Chirrut, Darth Maul
Decent to farm: Boba Fett (great character but can be farmed elsewhere), Ackbar-Tarkin-Mace (same), Ezra, Rex, Cody, Echo, Poe Dameron, Ahsoka, Geonosian Soldier, Ahsoka Fulcrum
Do not farm: Geonosian Spy, Tusken Shaman, Zam Wessel
(not that bad but way better characters), General Grievous


Good team compositions:
Wedge lead, Biggs, Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Chirrut/Ackbar
Hera Lead, Ezra, Kanan, Garazeb, Chopper/Sabine
Lando lead, IG-88, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Han, Cad Bane
Emperor lead, Darth Vader, Tarkin, Royal Guard, Tie Fighter Pilot
Qui-Gon Jinn lead, Mace Windu, Ezra, Kanan, Luminara

Hope you find this useful!


Post edited by ColemanTrebor on

Replies

  • I would farm Phoenix, they are really good if you are a new player...
    I think they are maybe the best F2P team for new players
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Yes, i've put all of them decent, but together it's really good
  • Kronen
    280 posts Member
    Good guide but some of your decent list should be top farms.
    Galactic war: Luminara is a great one to farm for beginners but she quickly loses relevance when you can farm baris. Phasma and teebo are essential for raids and should be top farms.
    Cantina: Ashoka should be a best farm. Teamed with Anakin she is a must for a decent Jedi team in tank raid.
    Squad: Savage is a best farm for sith and dark side teams, especially zetad.
    Guild: I'ma gun di is the second strongest Jedi leader after a zetad qui Gon. I always recommend farming Rey first and him second for any new player.
    Fleet: ahsoka and rex should be among best farms. Once again essential raid characters.
  • PS are a must-farm for new players; needed for Thrawn and can be used for EP and 2 for GMY, TB platoons, great arena squad. Personally Luminara is small compared to Bariss, Zeb is more important.
  • Kronen wrote: »
    Good guide but some of your decent list should be top farms.
    Galactic war: Luminara is a great one to farm for beginners but she quickly loses relevance when you can farm baris. Phasma and teebo are essential for raids and should be top farms.
    Cantina: Ashoka should be a best farm. Teamed with Anakin she is a must for a decent Jedi team in tank raid.
    Squad: Savage is a best farm for sith and dark side teams, especially zetad.
    Guild: I'ma gun di is the second strongest Jedi leader after a zetad qui Gon. I always recommend farming Rey first and him second for any new player.
    Fleet: ahsoka and rex should be among best farms. Once again essential raid characters.

    Agree with most of that, but this is primarily beginning players
  • Waqui
    4604 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Kronen wrote: »
    Good guide but some of your decent list should be top farms.
    Galactic war: Luminara is a great one to farm for beginners but she quickly loses relevance when you can farm baris. Phasma and teebo are essential for raids and should be top farms.
    Cantina: Ashoka should be a best farm. Teamed with Anakin she is a must for a decent Jedi team in tank raid.
    Squad: Savage is a best farm for sith and dark side teams, especially zetad.
    Guild: I'ma gun di is the second strongest Jedi leader after a zetad qui Gon. I always recommend farming Rey first and him second for any new player.
    Fleet: ahsoka and rex should be among best farms. Once again essential raid characters.

    Agree with most of that, but this is primarily beginning players

    Beginning players? Even beginners don't need Luminara. She's far from as important as she was 18 months ago and it's not like she has a ship or anything. Phasma and Teebo are far more important than Luminara after Biggs. Sun Fac has also been surpassed. Now he's decent but hardly among the best. Also I wouldn't recommend 5s over Ahsoka for beginners (cantina shipments). 5s is decent, yes, but not a best farm. Ahsoka helps you unlock GM Yoda.

    You put Rex as a best farm from guild shipments. Why is he only a decent farm in fleet shipments? He's the exact same toon and you can only farm him those two locations.

    Darth Sidious is not more important than Savage Opress. I would put both as 'decent'. However, if you listed Maul as 'best' due to his arena leadership then his sith friends Sidious and Savage should also be. Maul is nothing in the arena without good sith around him. However, if you listed Maul as 'best farm' due to his ship, then I would suggest to have both SO and DS as 'decent' only.

    Instead of Cad Bane I would recommend Chewie for a scoundrel team and then save GW tokens for better toons. You receive Chewie as an intro toon and will probably farm him to 4* (at least 3*) anyway as your introductory tank. I would list Cad Bane as 'do not farm'.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Kronen wrote: »
    Good guide but some of your decent list should be top farms.
    Galactic war: Luminara is a great one to farm for beginners but she quickly loses relevance when you can farm baris. Phasma and teebo are essential for raids and should be top farms.
    Cantina: Ashoka should be a best farm. Teamed with Anakin she is a must for a decent Jedi team in tank raid.
    Squad: Savage is a best farm for sith and dark side teams, especially zetad.
    Guild: I'ma gun di is the second strongest Jedi leader after a zetad qui Gon. I always recommend farming Rey first and him second for any new player.
    Fleet: ahsoka and rex should be among best farms. Once again essential raid characters.

    Agree with most of that, but this is primarily beginning players

    Beginning players? Even beginners don't need Luminara. She's far from as important as she was 18 months ago and it's not like she has a ship or anything. Phasma and Teebo are far more important than Luminara after Biggs. Sun Fac has also been surpassed. Now he's decent but hardly among the best. Also I wouldn't recommend 5s over Ahsoka for beginners (cantina shipments). 5s is decent, yes, but not a best farm. Ahsoka helps you unlock GM Yoda.

    You put Rex as a best farm from guild shipments. Why is he only a decent farm in fleet shipments? He's the exact same toon and you can only farm him those two locations.

    Darth Sidious is not more important than Savage Opress. I would put both as 'decent'. However, if you listed Maul as 'best' due to his arena leadership then his sith friends Sidious and Savage should also be. Maul is nothing in the arena without good sith around him. However, if you listed Maul as 'best farm' due to his ship, then I would suggest to have both SO and DS as 'decent' only.

    Instead of Cad Bane I would recommend Chewie for a scoundrel team and then save GW tokens for better toons. You receive Chewie as an intro toon and will probably farm him to 4* (at least 3*) anyway as your introductory tank. I would list Cad Bane as 'do not farm'.

    Luminara is a good healer to get you through GW and will help unlock GM. Agree that phasma is really good, but teeboo isn't that useful till you have a good raid team wich will take a long time. Sun Fac also has a ship, wich makes him useful. Ahsoka is good but fives has one of the best ships in the game and is a useful raid character later on. Also ahsoka is best with JKA, someone newer players probably don't have yet.

    Rex has put decent and good since there are way more good things to farm in fleet then in guild. There is always 8 ships and 8 characters in there with only 5 characters in guild store.

    Sidious has a better leadership and inflicts healing immunity, while most F2P beginners use healers.

    For 5th scoundrel both chewie and cad bane are fine
  • Waqui
    4604 posts Member
    Ok, we tend to disagree on the usefulness of Luminara and Ahsoka. Fair enough.

    If you put fives and Sun Fac in the 'best' category because of their ships, then you should also move Tarkin up there instead of in 'decent'. Postponing Tarkin until after Ackbar (who is already ranked as 'best') is just a detour from acquiring the best admiral ship (until Chimaera).

    Good raid team takes a long time to assemble ? You already put Rex, Jyn and QGJ in the 'best' category. With them you're almost there. All you need is then *ta—daaaa* Teebo. Surely, you put Jyn in the 'best' category for a raid team, since her R1 friends Cassian and K2 are only in the 'decent' category. Why not Teebo then? Teebo is significantly more important than the other 'decent' toons in the GW store.

    5s good in raids? Phasma is way better. Not only does she apply speed down, she also grants TM to your team when they need it to get ahead of the Rancor and she ensures a crit for TFP to apply tenacity down. (I don't suppose you refered to AAT raids, since cody, echo and sergeant are ranked lower).

    Sidious might inflict healing immunity, yes, but farming him early is a detour away from farming the far more beneficial rebels in same store. Sidious has already outplayed his role as debuffer in mid—game long before you have him at 7*. If you switch to another toon when he becomes obsolete, you will just have an almost useless toon sitting at 5* instead of a rebel, you can develop further.

    Just my 2 cents :—)
  • Waqui wrote: »
    Ok, we tend to disagree on the usefulness of Luminara and Ahsoka. Fair enough.

    If you put fives and Sun Fac in the 'best' category because of their ships, then you should also move Tarkin up there instead of in 'decent'. Postponing Tarkin until after Ackbar (who is already ranked as 'best') is just a detour from acquiring the best admiral ship (until Chimaera).

    Good raid team takes a long time to assemble ? You already put Rex, Jyn and QGJ in the 'best' category. With them you're almost there. All you need is then *ta—daaaa* Teebo. Surely, you put Jyn in the 'best' category for a raid team, since her R1 friends Cassian and K2 are only in the 'decent' category. Why not Teebo then? Teebo is significantly more important than the other 'decent' toons in the GW store.

    5s good in raids? Phasma is way better. Not only does she apply speed down, she also grants TM to your team when they need it to get ahead of the Rancor and she ensures a crit for TFP to apply tenacity down. (I don't suppose you refered to AAT raids, since cody, echo and sergeant are ranked lower).

    Sidious might inflict healing immunity, yes, but farming him early is a detour away from farming the far more beneficial rebels in same store. Sidious has already outplayed his role as debuffer in mid—game long before you have him at 7*. If you switch to another toon when he becomes obsolete, you will just have an almost useless toon sitting at 5* instead of a rebel, you can develop further.

    Just my 2 cents :—)

    I woud put tarkin as good if there weren't already so many good farms in squad arena store and ackbar is a better fleet commander IMO, especially since most people will farm rebels and therefore also rebel ships.

    Jyn is in my opinion better then cassian and K2 as character and is also good besides raids, while teeboo is pretty bad for arena, GW and anything else then raids.

    Both Fives and Phasma are good in raids, but there are more important farms in GW then there are in cantina. Fives is just above decent while Phasma then is just below good imo. Also Sidious doesn't need to be 7 star to be good and is just like fives just above good

  • Fleet shipments
    Best to farm should include:
    Ezra. He is one of the top Jedi (not quite as good as QGJ, but a worthwhile addition to jedi team, one of the only phoenix characters worth using outside phoneix squad). Needed for thrawn. More generally useful than D. Maul.

    Tie fighter pilot - very good ship, good for getting R2D2, essential for Pit (until you have CLS), good in AAT phase 3, good on empire teams.

    Decent to farm: FO Tie Pilot (worthwhile ship, need for BB8, but not a lot of use otherwise)
  • Waqui
    4604 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Waqui wrote: »
    Ok, we tend to disagree on the usefulness of Luminara and Ahsoka. Fair enough.

    If you put fives and Sun Fac in the 'best' category because of their ships, then you should also move Tarkin up there instead of in 'decent'. Postponing Tarkin until after Ackbar (who is already ranked as 'best') is just a detour from acquiring the best admiral ship (until Chimaera).

    Good raid team takes a long time to assemble ? You already put Rex, Jyn and QGJ in the 'best' category. With them you're almost there. All you need is then *ta—daaaa* Teebo. Surely, you put Jyn in the 'best' category for a raid team, since her R1 friends Cassian and K2 are only in the 'decent' category. Why not Teebo then? Teebo is significantly more important than the other 'decent' toons in the GW store.

    5s good in raids? Phasma is way better. Not only does she apply speed down, she also grants TM to your team when they need it to get ahead of the Rancor and she ensures a crit for TFP to apply tenacity down. (I don't suppose you refered to AAT raids, since cody, echo and sergeant are ranked lower).

    Sidious might inflict healing immunity, yes, but farming him early is a detour away from farming the far more beneficial rebels in same store. Sidious has already outplayed his role as debuffer in mid—game long before you have him at 7*. If you switch to another toon when he becomes obsolete, you will just have an almost useless toon sitting at 5* instead of a rebel, you can develop further.

    Just my 2 cents :—)

    I woud put tarkin as good if there weren't already so many good farms in squad arena store and ackbar is a better fleet commander IMO, especially since most people will farm rebels and therefore also rebel ships.

    Jyn is in my opinion better then cassian and K2 as character and is also good besides raids, while teeboo is pretty bad for arena, GW and anything else then raids.

    Both Fives and Phasma are good in raids, but there are more important farms in GW then there are in cantina. Fives is just above decent while Phasma then is just below good imo. Also Sidious doesn't need to be 7 star to be good and is just like fives just above good

    If you want to compete in the fleet arena, then Ackbars admiral ship is certainly NOT the way to go. It's the weakest of the 4. Yes, people will probably farm rebels, but they will also farm empire toons to unlock R2D2 to enhance their rebels.

    Yes, both Fives and Phasma are both good in raids because of their speed down. On top of that Phasma has more utility (victory march and defense down on basic). Hence Phasma is far better.
    More important farms in GW than there is in Cantina store? Well, you put less in the 'best farm' category for GW than you did for the cantina store.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • stohelit wrote: »
    Fleet shipments
    Best to farm should include:
    Ezra. He is one of the top Jedi (not quite as good as QGJ, but a worthwhile addition to jedi team, one of the only phoenix characters worth using outside phoneix squad). Needed for thrawn. More generally useful than D. Maul.

    Tie fighter pilot - very good ship, good for getting R2D2, essential for Pit (until you have CLS), good in AAT phase 3, good on empire teams.

    Decent to farm: FO Tie Pilot (worthwhile ship, need for BB8, but not a lot of use otherwise)

    Both ezra and tfp have a early unlocked cantina node, they're definitely important but not as important as the other characters in best. However if you have a lot of important farms in cantina you can farm them in fleet. Agree that Fo tie pilot has to be decent, will change that soon.
  • Woodroward
    3238 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I have to disagree with Scavenger Rey being a best farm from the cantina store. The best characters to farm are more or less the best in slot for a team and Rey is basically always the Resistance member to leave out when raiding (R2 is good for p4 HAAT resistance squad with his group buff), and not recommended for PvP either (She's too one-dimensional). Whether you are running raids or pvp with them Resistance trooper is always necessary.

    Recommended all resistance tank team: Finn, Poe, trooper, pilot, BB8. Recommended all resistance PvP team: Finn, Poe, trooper, BB8, R2.

    Rey just ends up being a standalone heavy hitter in your roster, and those are honestly the characters that I never end up using outside of Galactic War when I'm at my wits end. She should really be one of the last characters listed in the "decent to farm" category in the guild store just because her potential uses are so limited regardless of how fast she is and how hard she hits.

    I would tell every NewB not to farm her until after they've already farmed the clones, Jawa Engineer, Jyn, etc. because otherwise they are just wasting resources they could be spending on a character better suited to opening some facet of the game up like the HAAT or ships, or mods, etc. (I know she can be used for speed mods, but she's still the black sheep of the Resistance for the time being).

    The best characters to farm as a newB will not only do you well at beginning levels, but also still be really effective end game, and Rey doesn't really fit that category anymore.
    Basically the first members for each team that you should farm are the ones that are most effective for your current level that won't have to be replaced at later levels. That means that characters like Luminara, Scavenger Rey, Darth Sidious, & Clone Wars Chewbacca should not be recommended to Newbies to farm.

    Cad Bane is a better farm than Chewbacca because he is also one of only 6 Bounty Hunters, which constitute a pretty effective team and Chewie doesn't really fit on anything but rare non-faction specialty comps.
  • Waqui
    4604 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Woodroward wrote: »
    The best characters to farm as a newB will not only do you well at beginning levels, but also still be really effective end game, and Rey doesn't really fit that category anymore.
    Basically the first members for each team that you should farm are the ones that are most effective for your current level that won't have to be replaced at later levels. That means that characters like Luminara, Scavenger Rey, Darth Sidious, & Clone Wars Chewbacca should not be recommended to Newbies to farm.

    Completely agreed. This guide has a few 'best farm' recommendations for charachters that later will just be left unused. However, I would still recommend to farm Chewie to 3 or 4 stars through hard nodes (not shipments/stores) and then leave him there for credit heist initially.
    I wouldn't farm Rey either — especialy from any store. However, I might farm the Millenium Falcon hard node which also yields Rey shards.

    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    I have to disagree with Scavenger Rey being a best farm from the cantina store. The best characters to farm are more or less the best in slot for a team and Rey is basically always the Resistance member to leave out when raiding (R2 is good for p4 HAAT resistance squad with his group buff), and not recommended for PvP either (She's too one-dimensional). Whether you are running raids or pvp with them Resistance trooper is always necessary.

    Recommended all resistance tank team: Finn, Poe, trooper, pilot, BB8. Recommended all resistance PvP team: Finn, Poe, trooper, BB8, R2.

    Rey just ends up being a standalone heavy hitter in your roster, and those are honestly the characters that I never end up using outside of Galactic War when I'm at my wits end. She should really be one of the last characters listed in the "decent to farm" category in the guild store just because her potential uses are so limited regardless of how fast she is and how hard she hits.

    I would tell every NewB not to farm her until after they've already farmed the clones, Jawa Engineer, Jyn, etc. because otherwise they are just wasting resources they could be spending on a character better suited to opening some facet of the game up like the HAAT or ships, or mods, etc. (I know she can be used for speed mods, but she's still the black sheep of the Resistance for the time being).

    The best characters to farm as a newB will not only do you well at beginning levels, but also still be really effective end game, and Rey doesn't really fit that category anymore.
    Basically the first members for each team that you should farm are the ones that are most effective for your current level that won't have to be replaced at later levels. That means that characters like Luminara, Scavenger Rey, Darth Sidious, & Clone Wars Chewbacca should not be recommended to Newbies to farm.

    Cad Bane is a better farm than Chewbacca because he is also one of only 6 Bounty Hunters, which constitute a pretty effective team and Chewie doesn't really fit on anything but rare non-faction specialty comps.

    Agree that some characters aren't useful later on, but you can still farm them to like 5 star. This way they are useful in the beginning and you didn't spend much time and resources on them in the end

    Rey is still useful, i run my entire GW with Wiggs leia chirrut and rey and i can finish my GW in less then 15 min without needing 2nd tries. She may not be the best but she is certainly a good character.
    She is imo just better then decent, although she might not be the best.
    Agree with Cad Bane and thank you for the feedback Woodroward and Waqui
  • Waqui
    4604 posts Member
    Agree that some characters aren't useful later on, but you can still farm them to like 5 star. This way they are useful in the beginning and you didn't spend much time and resources on them in the end

    The problem is that with too many such farms, you will waste too many ressources and take too many detours. I would recommend to consider carefully before you choose to farm a toon only halfway through. Farming nightsisters to 5* only in order to be able to farm Talzin shards in the event could be a good reason f.ex.
    Rey is still useful, i run my entire GW with Wiggs leia chirrut and rey and i can finish my GW in less then 15 min without needing 2nd tries. She may not be the best but she is certainly a good character. She is imo just better then decent, although she might not be the best.

    I still wouldn't list her as 'best to farm' but... your guide, your decision :—)
    Agree with Cad Bane and thank you for the feedback Woodroward and Waqui

    You're welcome :—)

  • Waqui wrote: »
    Agree that some characters aren't useful later on, but you can still farm them to like 5 star. This way they are useful in the beginning and you didn't spend much time and resources on them in the end

    The problem is that with too many such farms, you will waste too many ressources and take too many detours. I would recommend to consider carefully before you choose to farm a toon only halfway through. Farming nightsisters to 5* only in order to be able to farm Talzin shards in the event could be a good reason f.ex.
    Rey is still useful, i run my entire GW with Wiggs leia chirrut and rey and i can finish my GW in less then 15 min without needing 2nd tries. She may not be the best but she is certainly a good character. She is imo just better then decent, although she might not be the best.

    I still wouldn't list her as 'best to farm' but... your guide, your decision :—)
    Agree with Cad Bane and thank you for the feedback Woodroward and Waqui

    You're welcome :—)

    Imo she's the worst of the best if you get what i mean
  • Hi, I'm not quite sure why you were posting your guide. There is an excelent guide:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide
    The adaptive F2P guide is in my opinion more sophisticated, explains a lot what for you the toons need, what kind of squads you want, which events are out there to prepare fore. There is also some general stuff on modding and so on.
    Do you disagree with the guide of RAW, or why do you post yours? This is not ment as an offense, but as a real questions since I would never be able to write a guide that could compete with Raws guide in any meanse. Therefore I'd consider it a waste of time. ;-)
    Cheers
  • First i dont search the forum to see if my topic doesnt already exist, second i do this for fun, third for example there are many different books about fish, why would so many people write one if there already is a book about it?
  • Awesome guide! Thanks for this I’m new and need certain teams for different things and this helps a lot.
Sign In or Register to comment.