Thoughts on Territory Battles

2Next

Replies

• *DISCLAIMER: I know Kozi said they were revamping rewards.

I was actually going to post something along these lines, but I see this hasn't been closed yet, so let me just sum this up in one word:

TRASH.

And let me tell you why.

We're a 41 star guild. First TB, we could have had 41 but we left two stars on the table. Why?

A: The guild management tools for TB are trash. You cannot see who has deployed, who hasn't, etc. etc. In fact, this is the minimal amount of "management" tools we get for the guild and TBH, because it's not "critical" it's going to be that way. BTW, did you do you 600 today? Who knows! Who cares! It doesn't make them money, so it doesn't make sense!

B: The sync time from deployment to ACTUAL posting is delayed. I've seen 20 minutes before actually posting from the time of deployment. THAT right there screws you the most when moving towards a 3* clear of a phase. This is the reason guilds over deploy a phase.

C: Platoon requirements were insane. Falcon? STILL not farmable. Ewoks? Somewhat farmable. Cassian's U Wing? Farmable at 3 blueprints when it shows. I sacrificed a gear 12 piece for tokens for my guild because I had purchased the Cassian U Wing pack and had a jump start. Tie Reaper? Been out what, almost a year now? Falcon been out from the beginning? STILL not farmable? Getting hit with 11 Chaze sets is ridiculous. One guild we know of got hit with 11 7* Lobots. REALLY......that just makes me laugh to keep from crying.

D: Let's not forget the FREEZING bug. The most recent one that happened to us was our guild leader in Phoenix. He lost his whole HUD, couldn't press anything on his screen, etc. etc. Lost a whole Phoenix match due to this. THIS AFFECTS THE WHOLE GUILD when you're operating on razor thin margins for stars.

A lot of leaders from a lot of guilds put in a LOT of time and effort to maximize everything we do because CG really hasn't given us the appropriate tools to guild leaders and officers to organize this. This causes added stress. We've lost a leader and a pillar (Streamer, Beta team, etc. etc.) in the community partially due to this. From spreadsheets, to telling people to HOLD, to everyone getting frustrated over this, guilds skipping raids to ensure THIS part gets done and missing on those rewards, etc etc.....we haven't even gotten to THESE REWARDS yet. Oh, and of course, the threat of 12 hour phases looms out there still. I assume these rewards were based on the 12 hour phases and not what we have now. Nobody had the foresight to fix that BEFORE this went live again?

So hey, let's talk about rewards. These were ours:

41 stars
    5,150 Tokens
    300 Crystals
    9 Salvage of the Bayonet
    9 Salvage of the atomic looking piece
    12 Salvages of the mk7 Syringes
    12 of the MK VI medpac

Now, we've seen other guilds rewards:

37 stars
    4,500 tokens
    200 crystals
    9 Salvages of the wristband looking thing
    8 Salvages of the gold thing that gives you 6,250 health
    11 MK VI medpac
    10 MK VIII Furnaces

OH, that's not the best one for 37 Stars!!!!

37 stars
    4,500 tokens
    200 crystals
    11 MK VI carbs
    10 MK VI medpac

AND A FULL CRAFT MK 12 MULTITOOL.

After ALL of that work we put in to go from 39 (last time I checked was still more than 37) to 41 just to get THOSE rewards? TOTAL: We got ONE more piece of salvage (gold) and 3 more total purple salvage, 650 more tokens and 100 more Crystals. You make the call. Is it even worth it to try to do better? We had dudes whaling out for the Ewoks AND the Falcon. One guy spent an exorbitant amount for the Falcon and STILL didn't unlock. Trust me F2P, you'd cry. I dropped a vault for Rogue 1 recently to help out. Dropped a vault before that just for random gear on necessary characters.

You really think I'm going to do that again now after 2 territory battles of TRASH rewards? Not even worth it.

TL;DR version - The whole thing needs an overhaul, and fast. I really wish I had something better to say because the dev team is working hard and if I had someone come in and take a dump over all my hard work I'd be a little bit miffed, but man, I really cannot say a whole lot of positive about this. Territory Battles as a whole are a great concept, just horribly executed when it comes to time and effort vs reward.

Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Just got a discussion with my guildmates (46/50 members, 56M GP resulting in 26/45*) and, well, they are disappointed by the rewards they received as opposed to the amount of coordinated efforts they produced for the last six days. They are disappointed that they received G12 components when most of them are struggling to get a handful of G11 toons or their very first zeta. It seems like those TBs are too endgame oriented. They know they can buy some packs of cuff components but that is too few. I'm affraid they will lose the motivation to keep going through new TBs...
  • The rewards for my guilds 41 stars were a joke. I have half a dozen screenshots of guilds with 37 stars getting full pieces of gear. With 41 stars we got a measly 8 and 9 gear fragment. The difference of gear 12 certainly isn't as stated. Definitely not enough of a difference to keep 5star toons out of top 20 arena. Way too long for the same exact thing over and over and over again and again.
    CG really should have just dropped another raid.
    I was a big spender in this game. I have vowed not to spend another penny till I see rewards changed, and a actual lasting difference separating F2P and P2P. It's not even worth it for me to buy new toons anymore, 60 days later their free. I truly love this game. Unfortunately this seems like an epic failure and the beginning of the end for SWGOH.
  • The rewards for my guilds 41 stars were a joke. I have half a dozen screenshots of guilds with 37 stars getting full pieces of gear. With 41 stars we got a measly 8 and 9 gear fragment. The difference of gear 12 certainly isn't as stated. Definitely not enough of a difference to keep 5star toons out of top 20 arena. Way too long for the same exact thing over and over and over again and again.
    CG really should have just dropped another raid.
    I was a big spender in this game. I have vowed not to spend another penny till I see rewards changed, and a actual lasting difference separating F2P and P2P. It's not even worth it for me to buy new toons anymore, 60 days later their free. I truly love this game. Unfortunately this seems like an epic failure and the beginning of the end for SWGOH.

Right there with you.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • New content we have been craving. It's needed. More content is needed. I love the idea of the whole guild getting the same rewards but no credits? Especially after burning through everything we have to level, gear,star,mod,upgrade said mods for these toons.
    The purp is awesome though- please add to fleet arena as well.

Need better management tools for officers and leaders. Just better management tools for guilds period.
  • Amen to that pac0naut.
  • Legion88 wrote: »
    Its alot of work for little gain. And to me feels like more of a chore than galactic war.

I agree. It's a lot of work for very poor prizes. It's another chore that I can do without. I'm already spending too much time and way too much money on this "game." Starting to not be fun anymore.

• The battles are just boring.
    Some phases you're doing 4 combat missions x 6 rounds each against a random assortment of white armor. After the first time it's a little blah. I mean the probe droids are cool, but it would be nice to have a little more variety in a couple of the territories. Why not fight a wampa, or an AT-ST, or even an AT-AT. That would keep me coming back for more than just guild obligation.
  • Excitement has gone for a lot of people :(
  • For everyone saying that this is too little for 6 days of work, remember that the original plan was to have 12 hour stages and TB to last for 3 days.

That being said, I would like to see a bump in rewards. RNG has always been this game's downfall and, as mentioned earlier, it sucks when a guild that only gets 20 something stars get better gear pieces than a guild that gets 35+.

I'm anxiously awaiting the update information mentioned last week.
  • BryGuy2k wrote: »
    Actually looking at the numbers we're deluded by the fact that the numbers are mostly just GP related. Your guild has x GP you'll get x/2500000 stars. You can try to min/max it but you'll be within 3 stars of that.

So really we should t care as much about the coordination as we are right now. It's just not worth the aggravation.

Exactly this.
    TB is not "end game contents", just a way to distribute G12 gear to Guilds based on their "wealth" (in GP, not necessarily purchased).

I think it's an okay game mode, but far from THE new content that's supposed to keep us engaged for another year...
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Darth_Neal wrote: »
    Also, TBs needs more variety. Battling the same characters wave after wave after wave has already gotten old. As others have said, it feels more like a chore than something that is fun / worth the time it takes to complete.
    JamisonV wrote: »
    -Battles are just plain boring.
    Day 1 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 2 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 3 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 4 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 5 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.
    Day 6 - Battle a bunch of snowtroopers.

Too long
    Too boring
    Too little gained
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    get bored easily :/
    TNT1138 wrote: »
    The battles are just boring.
    Some phases you're doing 4 combat missions x 6 rounds each against a random assortment of white armor. After the first time it's a little blah. I mean the probe droids are cool, but it would be nice to have a little more variety in a couple of the territories. Why not fight a wampa, or an AT-ST, or even an AT-AT. That would keep me coming back for more than just guild obligation.
    Excitement has gone for a lot of people :(
    Mike98045 wrote: »
    It's another chore that I can do without. ...Starting to not be fun anymore.

There is a pattern forming. If it was FUN people wouldn't care about the rewards as much.
  • Most of the game is boring - but yes it's the rewards that mater. If you wanted not boring combat play Force Arena.

Arenas are boring - rewards are good.
    Raids are boring - but the rewards are good (and depending on who you are they last less than an hour).
    Heists are boring - but the rewards are good (okay I've been on a minimum payout streak for the past 6 months, so maybe not so good)
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    Most of the game is boring - but yes it's the rewards that mater. If you wanted not boring combat play Force Arena.

Arenas are boring - rewards are good.
    Raids are boring - but the rewards are good (and depending on who you are they last less than an hour).
    Heists are boring - but the rewards are good (okay I've been on a minimum payout streak for the past 6 months, so maybe not so good)

Rancor and aat were fun for me. Took a while to beat and required strategy. Now of course rancor is beatable on auto, but AAT I occasionally try to beat my best scores. But these raids are over a year old so it's understandable they get stale.

GW is challenging again and I like it, but I am probably the minority.

This is NEW and there is clearly consistency in the feedback from players that it's boring/not fun.
  • TB : more than 100 waves of snowtroopers and .... that's all , congrats the dev !!! so much imagination . One year to create that ??? i am really impressed . But anyway , we get it , it was for money of course .
  • Tiggus wrote: »
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    Actually looking at the numbers we're deluded by the fact that the numbers are mostly just GP related. Your guild has x GP you'll get x/2500000 stars. You can try to min/max it but you'll be within 3 stars of that.

So really we should t care as much about the coordination as we are right now. It's just not worth the aggravation.

Exactly this.
    TB is not "end game contents", just a way to distribute G12 gear to Guilds based on their "wealth" (in GP, not necessarily purchased).

I think it's an okay game mode, but far from THE new content that's supposed to keep us engaged for another year...

Our guild's goal is to create a systematic approach to territory battles so that they become more and more routine and require less and less communication.

That way, we will spend minimal time each day to complete each phase.

Theoretically, if you do that, then it becomes less and less of a chore.
  • GamorreanBard
    121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »
    *DISCLAIMER: I know Kozi said they were revamping rewards.

I was actually going to post something along these lines, but I see this hasn't been closed yet, so let me just sum this up in one word:

TRASH.

And let me tell you why.

We're a 41 star guild. First TB, we could have had 41 but we left two stars on the table. Why?

A: The guild management tools for TB are trash. You cannot see who has deployed, who hasn't, etc. etc. In fact, this is the minimal amount of "management" tools we get for the guild and TBH, because it's not "critical" it's going to be that way. BTW, did you do you 600 today? Who knows! Who cares! It doesn't make them money, so it doesn't make sense!

B: The sync time from deployment to ACTUAL posting is delayed. I've seen 20 minutes before actually posting from the time of deployment. THAT right there screws you the most when moving towards a 3* clear of a phase. This is the reason guilds over deploy a phase.

C: Platoon requirements were insane. Falcon? STILL not farmable. Ewoks? Somewhat farmable. Cassian's U Wing? Farmable at 3 blueprints when it shows. I sacrificed a gear 12 piece for tokens for my guild because I had purchased the Cassian U Wing pack and had a jump start. Tie Reaper? Been out what, almost a year now? Falcon been out from the beginning? STILL not farmable? Getting hit with 11 Chaze sets is ridiculous. One guild we know of got hit with 11 7* Lobots. REALLY......that just makes me laugh to keep from crying.

D: Let's not forget the FREEZING bug. The most recent one that happened to us was our guild leader in Phoenix. He lost his whole HUD, couldn't press anything on his screen, etc. etc. Lost a whole Phoenix match due to this. THIS AFFECTS THE WHOLE GUILD when you're operating on razor thin margins for stars.

A lot of leaders from a lot of guilds put in a LOT of time and effort to maximize everything we do because CG really hasn't given us the appropriate tools to guild leaders and officers to organize this. This causes added stress. We've lost a leader and a pillar (Streamer, Beta team, etc. etc.) in the community partially due to this. From spreadsheets, to telling people to HOLD, to everyone getting frustrated over this, guilds skipping raids to ensure THIS part gets done and missing on those rewards, etc etc.....we haven't even gotten to THESE REWARDS yet. Oh, and of course, the threat of 12 hour phases looms out there still. I assume these rewards were based on the 12 hour phases and not what we have now. Nobody had the foresight to fix that BEFORE this went live again?

41 stars
    5,150 Tokens
    300 Crystals
    9 Salvage of the Bayonet
    12 of the MK VI medpac

37 stars
    4,500 tokens
    200 crystals
    11 MK VI medpac
    10 MK VIII Furnaces

37 stars
    4,500 tokens
    200 crystals
    11 MK VI carbs
    10 MK VI medpac

After ALL of that work we put in to go from 39 (last time I checked was still more than 37) to 41 just to get THOSE rewards? TOTAL: We got ONE more piece of salvage (gold) and 3 more total purple salvage, 650 more tokens and 100 more Crystals. You make the call. Is it even worth it to try to do better? We had dudes whaling out for the Ewoks AND the Falcon. One guy spent an exorbitant amount for the Falcon and STILL didn't unlock. Trust me F2P, you'd cry. I dropped a vault for Rogue 1 recently to help out. Dropped a vault before that just for random gear on necessary characters.

You really think I'm going to do that again now after 2 territory battles of TRASH rewards? Not even worth it.

TL;DR version - The whole thing needs an overhaul, and fast. I really wish I had something better to say because the dev team is working hard and if I had someone come in and take a dump over all my hard work I'd be a little bit miffed, but man, I really cannot say a whole lot of positive about this. Territory Battles as a whole are a great concept, just horribly executed when it comes to time and effort vs reward.

+1,000,000. And for this same post being the hottest post on the reddit sub.
  • clarkdiesel
    306 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    pac0naut wrote: »
    *DISCLAIMER: I know Kozi said they were revamping rewards.

TRASH.

And let me tell you why.

41 stars
    5,150 Tokens
    300 Crystals
    9 Salvage of the Bayonet
    12 of the MK VI medpac

37 stars
    4,500 tokens
    200 crystals
    11 MK VI medpac
    10 MK VIII Furnaces

37 stars
    4,500 tokens
    200 crystals
    11 MK VI carbs
    10 MK VI medpac

Exactly. Well said. It’s hard enough to get everyone to participate. We push as a guild to invest in our toons and ships to get them prepared to earn more stars and the rewards get worse. 6 days of TB for kitten rewards is a terrible business model for retaining customers.

Post edited by Sunnie1978 on