Explain to me how CLS isnt an OP Broken Toon

Prev13
Everything that I have seen about CLS makes me feel like it is way overpowered. He can heal, he can debuff, he can ignore taunts and he can one stroke other toons. Just feels like his kit has way more tools than anything else in the game. Please go ahead and change my mind.

Replies

• Options
    Can't change you mind when what you say is fact. I mean...the guy can do an entire raid by himself. Just power creepin along.
  • Options
    He can counter, he gains 100% turn meter and can remove 100% turn meter.
  • Options
    1- seems like you don't have him and are whinning.
    2- he was the most waited toon to be released, they said they were working on something unique for his importance.
    3- the requirements to unlock him were the hardest so far.
    4- the whole original trilogy was about him becoming THE hero.
    5- about change your mind, it's kinda hard to do so when you have your conclusions.
    6- Chaze? Wiigs? Broken as well.
  • Options
    Nerf Rey!
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    2- he was the most waited toon to be released, they said they were working on something unique for his importance.
    5- about change your mind, it's kinda hard to do so when you have your conclusions.

Calm your jets and please stay on topic. I see nothing in your post that helps answer my original question.

1 - So a toon is OP only if you don't have him?
    2 - I know that CLS was not the most waited toon for me. I assume other people feel the same way.
    3 - Having to farm 5 toons for Thrawn is probably harder than requiring 5 toons that people already had.
    4 - Or you could say that the original trilogy was about a rebel blowing up military installations and assassinating political figures like a terrorist. We use elections and votes to change things not force of arms.
    5 - I suggest you use facts instead of opinions if you want to change someone's mind.
    6 - I agree with you the Light Side does have a bunch of overpowered toons.
  • Options
    Zolaz wrote: »

4 - Or you could say that the original trilogy was about a rebel blowing up military installations and assassinating political figures like a terrorist. We use elections and votes to change things not force of arms.

The empire was big on democracy and giving everybody a say, was it?
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

An opinion doesn't have to have a bunch of facts in it. Glad you caught the irony there.
  • Options
    It's not broken per day, it's demonstration of horrible game design imho. They should work for a three side meta where there are three metas that can be active at once instead of just one. Each meta would have a counter. Like A beats B, B beats C, C beats A. Much more strategy involved than this simple checkers model of who has more King'd checkers. CLS is like 5 King'd checkers on his own too, it's kinda bizarre the dude that kissed his sister, cried in mud, and got his hand chopped off is so powerful. ROTJ Luke should be this powerful, that just means they will make ROTJ Luke so Overpowered it's insane and pointless to play any team without him. The sister kisser is crazy OP, ROTJ Luke will have basically every power in the game.
  • Odyseass7
    169 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have two accounts, one has CLS, the other one doesn't. I simply couldn't afford him on both accounts.

Both my accounts were made a couple weeks apart, both similarly powerful and with similar squads.

My account that doesn't have Luke is doing better to be honest. Instead of investing on Luke, i invested in my resistance team. I geared them instead of luke and I zetad Finn instead Luke.

My galactic wars are infinitely easier now, resistance is known for breezing through GW with no resistance (see what i did there). They are also doing way better in the tank raid.

My CLS account is only doing better on rancor and arena. As soon as my other account gets better mods and I start running resistance, and a zeta for R2, I'll be able to run them in arena too and I'll be doing as good as my CLS account. So the only disadvantage is in rancor.

The reality is that Luke is awesome and fun to play, but he isn't as broken as you think. Many teams in arena can do just as well. Kenobi-Zaris, Chirrut-Baze and friends, Zaul with sith assasin, ect.

So essentially you want to ruin a super fun character because he gives people an edge on nothing but rancor? I mean seriously you need to stop kittening about it and get him when he's back. Fighting to nerf-ruin an amazing chracter and imo balanced character, is simply not smart.

You are mad that you don't have him but at the end of the day you can get him. If he was a pay to play only character then i might see a point in this post. Everyone who geared CLS like me and even invested zetas on him could have geared and zetad some other toons that would give them an edge somewhere else in the game. So you simply can't punish them for investing in CLS by nerfing him...
    Post edited by Sunnie1978 on
  • Options
    "OMG NERF HIM!!!!!"

Said everyone who didn't put the time/money in to get him.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Silky wrote: »
    "OMG NERF HIM!!!!!"

Said everyone who didn't put the time/money in to get him.
    Very helpful, thank you for your contribution.
  • Options

Must be an imperial sympathizer.

An opinion doesn't have to have a bunch of facts in it. Glad you caught the irony there.

It's true, from a certain point of view
  • Options

Must be an imperial sympathizer.

It's true, from a certain point of view

With enough alternative facts, anything is true.
  • Options
    Odyseass7 wrote: »
    I have two accounts, one has CLS, the other one doesn't. I simply couldn't afford him on both accounts.

Both my accounts were made a couple weeks apart, both similarly powerful and with similar squads.

My account that doesn't have Luke is doing better to be honest. Instead of investing on Luke, i invested in my resistance team. I geared them instead of luke and I zetad Finn instead Luke.

My galactic wars are infinitely easier now, resistance is known for breezing through GW with no resistance (see what i did there). They are also doing way better in the tank raid.

My CLS account is only doing better on rancor and arena. As soon as my other account gets better mods and I start running resistance, and a zeta for R2, I'll be able to run them in arena too and I'll be doing as good as my CLS account. So the only disadvantage is in rancor.

The reality is that Luke is awesome and fun to play, but he isn't as broken as you think. Many teams in arena can do just as well. Kenobi-Zaris, Chirrut-Baze and friends, Zaul with sith assasin, ect.

So essentially you want to ruin a super fun character because he gives people an edge on nothing but rancor? I mean seriously you need to stop kittening about it and get him when he's back. Fighting to nerf-ruin an amazing chracter and imo balanced character, is simply not smart.

You are mad that you don't have him but at the end of the day you can get him. If he was a pay to play only character then i might see a point in this post. Everyone who geared CLS like me and even invested zetas on him could have geared and zetad some other toons that would give them an edge somewhere else in the game. So you simply can't punish them for investing in CLS by nerfing him...

To the OP. So often this happens, a reasonable response that doesn't go their way gets ignored. It's why you'll rarely see a reasonable claim being made. Why make it if the OP ignores it?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I however am bored and will reply. I'd say that he isn't OP because of the high gear requirements and because of the high unlock requirements.

So many resources go into unlocking and gearing this character. Resources that could be used to easily gear much cheaper toons who could also be viable in arena. Plus, you have to build an expensive team around him. And still, mods are king. Or you could spend resources on toons better used to get more resources in raids or GW. Toons for ships, TB blah blah etc etc.

Im glad a study was able to be done through Oyseass. It pleases me to see such comparisons :)
  • Options
    CLS is so OP that when a G12 CLS led R2/GK/Chaze all G12 mind you...

they still get whooped on by g9 chirpa/elder/logray g11 wicket g12 scout.

https://youtu.be/83unU4F9soo

Maxed CLS team bested by undergeared & understared ewoks... @Zolaz your arguement is invalid!
  • Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    CLS is so OP that when a G12 CLS led R2/GK/Chaze all G12 mind you...

they still get whooped on by g9 chirpa/elder/logray g11 wicket g12 scout.

https://youtu.be/83unU4F9soo

Maxed CLS team bested by undergeared & understared ewoks... @Zolaz your arguement is invalid!

I knew it! I've told my guildmates that the ewoks were designed to counter CLS, they all scoffed at me and quoted on of the youtubers damnation of their prowess!
  • Options
    So, you are telling me that CLS isnt OP because other toons that specifically counter CLS can beat him.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Zolaz you just answered your own thread.
  • Options
    Since I'm not an LS boot licker I can answer with WHY i think he is OP. He can Stun, heal his Health, heal his own Protection, Cleanse himself, Buff Turn meters, Remove enemy TMs and hit like a Vader saber throw.

Facts people, those are facts. That's OP as heck. The only thing they didn't give him is DeathMark or Annihilate which he doesn't even need when he crits you for 40k. One... sister kissing... sitting in mud crying... character. This ISN'T ROTJ LUKE... this is SISTER KISSER LOSES HIS HAND LUKE! Keep that in mind.
  • Options
    CLS is strong, but definitely not OP... he can bested by a great many things like, daze, stun, stealth, stagger, fracture, ability block... just to name some of the more effective ones...

He HP at g12 is really not great... 18kish and his protection is decent at 45k on a g12 cls...
    Sure has a great kit of debuffs but lots of other heros do too... and the last 4/5 new characters also have protection recovery...

So idk what the big deal is.
  • Options

Uhhhhh nice try, that's GW. Let's see it in arena when your turn meter isn't buffed from previous battles.

I love how people claim that if you think CLS is OP it's only because you don't have him. That's just a plain stupid argument. I have him and guess what, I too think he is OP!!! Look at the swgoh meta report, it's pretty obvious. Something like 62% of rank 1 teams use CLS as their lead and over 80% have him in their squad. What that tells me is basically the best way of beating a CLS team, is with another CLS team. That, by definition, means he is OP. He hits like a cannon, grants himself and his whole team counters, damage bonuses, and tm, removes tm and buffs, imposes just about every debuff except ability block, and probably worst of all, he can heal a huge chunk of his health and prot without costing himself a turn. If you can't see it, you really are in denial.

You can justify it all you want by saying Luke is the hero, but that doesn't change the fact that he has knocked the whole game out of whack and that's not good. This isn't a movie, if the game isn't balanced people will stop playing because their preferred toons can't compete. For those of you who love rebels and CLS, you will likely get bored of battling the same teams. Or worse, you will realize the cure for this imbalance is some even more horribly out of whack toon that just makes the game that much more slanted, but in the other direction.

• Options
    CLS is new... yall whining can't see that this has happened before...

Jawa Engineer - "waaaah i never even moved" nerf them!
    Rey - "waaah she can OHKO me" nerf her!
    Wiggs - "waaah biggs can OHKO me" nerf them!
    Old Ben & Dooku leads - "waaah they dodged 12 attacks in a row" nerf them!
    Chaze - "waaah waah waaaaaaaaaa!"
    Thrawn - "waaah waaah waaaaaaaaa!"
    CLS- "waaaaaaaah waaaah waaah!"

History has repeated itself time and time again in this game.

• Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    CLS is new... yall whining can't see that this has happened before...

Jawa Engineer - "waaaah i never even moved" nerf them!
    Rey - "waaah she can OHKO me" nerf her!
    Wiggs - "waaah biggs can OHKO me" nerf them!
    Old Ben & Dooku leads - "waaah they dodged 12 attacks in a row" nerf them!
    Chaze - "waaah waah waaaaaaaaaa!"
    Thrawn - "waaah waaah waaaaaaaaa!"
    CLS- "waaaaaaaah waaaah waaah!"

History has repeated itself time and time again in this game.

Well, I can never hope to defeat an argument as well developed as that. Certainly, a first rate mind is at work here. Bravo, sir. Bravo.
  • Options
    Must be a vintner to have such an encyclopedic knowledge of whines.
  • Options
    I find it hard to imagine someone saying that CLS isnt OP and broken with a straight face. If you dont think CLS is OP, what gear level is your CLS and are you running him in Arena?
  • Options
    CLS is a power creep continuation. He's overpowered compared to most toons in the game, but he's not crazy compared to the last few legendary toons released. I got my R2 7*ed just before his event, so my Old Ben wasn't up to snuff.

Either way I'm just running the counter meta team and things are fine. GW is a bit of a golden shower but it seems like I'm not the only one dealing with that, and it is kinda fun stomping the golden CLS with a bunch of g9-10 rebels with a clone squad...
  • Options
    I find it hard to imagine someone saying that CLS isnt OP and broken with a straight face. If you dont think CLS is OP, what gear level is your CLS and are you running him in Arena?

Yes CLS is super easy to G12 and gets one of the best boosts for the 2 easy to farm pieces he needs... so of coarse he is gonna be the most common g12 leader right of that bat... duh...

But as time passes and more and more people g12 other heros that get bigger boosts from g12 new meta teams will emerge. This is evident from from past performance at the prior lv/gear cap increases...

I remember when there was a cap increase and lando/farmboy luke were easy to max gear and seemed more powerful because they could be geared to a higher lv than other heros and peeps like @Zolaz cried and whined about how unfair it was and lando/farmboy luke needed to be nerfed because... waaaaaaaah!

Personaly i plan on getting tusken shaman to g12 next... he can have over 40k hp fully moded and heal 70% hp on all allies... couple that with the healing/cleansing abilities of the below team coupled with permadots, tm reduction, protection healing, fracture, hp equalization, 20% heal on crits and i belive it can time out pretty much anything in the arena... forcing peeps to pull nihlus out of retirement.
    Zader led tusken shaman /thrawn /shoretrooper /zarris team...

Now can i g12 them now? No... the 4 heros i got to g12 now needed less stuff to g12 them all than tusken shaman alone needs to get to g12.

• Options
    @Loose_Lee, I agree with you CLS is super easy to farm, gear and has more options that a swiss army knife. Glad you came around to my way of thinking.
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/CS6iPeXoB3g

More CLS crushing ewok power