Why Dooku is important

First, I agree that he gets a bit too many turns. His counter shouldn't give him more than one attack, and his speed bar regeneration needs to be toned down a bit.
But I do not think, like some people, that he is a great menace or needs to be majorly nerfed or removed from the game.
As pre-launch players remind us, he is not a big factor in the current end-game. But he's important for those of us in the 40s and 50s.
Why? Because Jedi teams dominate the meta, and he's a primary tool against them. His stun, counterattacks and speed are very important in dealing with the very common multi-healer Jedi teams, as well as those using Ima-Gun Di for counter procs themselves.
Simply put, as annoying as he can be, without him, things would be a lot worse. Jedis are one of the few options for a really synergistic team right now, and removing one of the counters to those teams would be a mistake.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

  • Just build up your big hitters and take him out early on. If you don't have any big hitters with some health behind them at level 40+ anyway then you're gonna have a bad time against teams in general.

    In the right team he can be annoying, Sid with debuffs and a tank taunting you can stop you from concentrating on Dooku early on but if you've got decent enough damage going then he shouldn't be lasting past the first round
  • Skye
    794 posts Member
    Ability lock and stun is your friend... when fighting Dooku or Barriss for that matter

    The other thing is if you avoid hitting him, and you don't have many jedi in your team, he's not that bad. In most cases you can easily leave him to last to kill, prioritizing much heavier critical hitters.

    Having encountered Obi-wan and Lando on a number of occasions, I can safely say people who complain about Barriss or Dooku hasn't faced Obi-wan or Lando or worse both together! Obi-wan can ability lock your whole team for two full turns! And if you kill him before any of his teammates, he gives the remaining team a HUGE buff! Lando is just a bloody tactical nuclear weapon in a minigun form!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

    Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Single attack teams instead of aoes. Dooku is a natural deterrent of aoe attacks.
  • I have never had any of the problems the people whining about dooku have when facing dooku, I simply refrain from AOEs which is common sense, & save him for last or take him out first due to his low health. I also built a team based around canceling AOES & thats what dooku is an AOE killer the game is filled with AOEs nerfing him would make him useless as his health is too low otherwise. People are whining like little girls & hes not even difficult to deal with unless you have no form of common sense. I currently run Fives & Dooku side by side, Its the perfect AOE stop.
  • & Only noobs are calling Dooku OP Obi Wan is 100 times worse trust me.
  • CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Just build up your big hitters and take him out early on. If you don't have any big hitters with some health behind them at level 40+ anyway then you're gonna have a bad time against teams in general.

    In the right team he can be annoying, Sid with debuffs and a tank taunting you can stop you from concentrating on Dooku early on but if you've got decent enough damage going then he shouldn't be lasting past the first round

    His counters and critical damage are pretty effective, but I agree with you on the fact that he can be shielded with debuffs and tanks, in which case it's hard to play him. Hard to farm a Dooku for non-payees who don't get him through data packs, though.

    Also, who would be called the "big hitters", I am a non-payee with a 3*Chewy,4*Barriss, 2*JediCons, 3* Jawa and 2*Talia, and none of them cause any damage. Lots of healing with no offense.
  • CUFCfan616 wrote: »
    Just build up your big hitters and take him out early on. If you don't have any big hitters with some health behind them at level 40+ anyway then you're gonna have a bad time against teams in general.

    In the right team he can be annoying, Sid with debuffs and a tank taunting you can stop you from concentrating on Dooku early on but if you've got decent enough damage going then he shouldn't be lasting past the first round

    His counters and critical damage are pretty effective, but I agree with you on the fact that he can be shielded with debuffs and tanks, in which case it's hard to play him. Hard to farm a Dooku for non-payees who don't get him through data packs, though.

    Also, who would be called the "big hitters", I am a non-payee with a 3*Chewy,4*Barriss, 2*JediCons, 3* Jawa and 2*Talia, and none of them cause any damage. Lots of healing with no offense.

    with this team you can't go further.. You need more damage.. Sidious is the best choice
  • Skye wrote: »
    Ability lock and stun is your friend... when fighting Dooku or Barriss for that matter

    The other thing is if you avoid hitting him, and you don't have many jedi in your team, he's not that bad. In most cases you can easily leave him to last to kill, prioritizing much heavier critical hitters.

    Having encountered Obi-wan and Lando on a number of occasions, I can safely say people who complain about Barriss or Dooku hasn't faced Obi-wan or Lando or worse both together! Obi-wan can ability lock your whole team for two full turns! And if you kill him before any of his teammates, he gives the remaining team a HUGE buff! Lando is just a bloody tactical nuclear weapon in a minigun form!

    I always keep Dooku as my "desert" kill :)
    I rather kill Sidious first.. everything else is manageable after with a few heals
  • At 49 Dooku is laughable with a solid team I have him on my team for his Jefi stun since most teams are Jedi based but at some point I'd like to replace with Anakin
  • I smile when I see Dooku on a team at endgame. Easy kill right there.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I smile when I see Dooku on a team at endgame. Easy kill right there.

    This isn't about endgame. Dooku is a life-saver in the 30s and 40s, and probably will be into the 50s. Between he and Lumi I can usually take out an opponent healer before they can do a thing.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Kameleonic
    212 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    It must be so much fun focusing on the strongest characters... Why did they bother making any others? The game is ruined by characters that dominate. And you players buying into it simply make it worse. CoD noob tube characters.
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    It must be so much fun focusing on the strongest characters... Why did they bother making any others? The game is ruined by characters that dominate. And you players buying into it simply make it worse. CoD noob tube characters.

    +1
  • Kameleonic wrote: »
    It must be so much fun focusing on the strongest characters... Why did they bother making any others? The game is ruined by characters that dominate. And you players buying into it simply make it worse. CoD noob tube characters.

    +1

    Why don't y'all play to max level before you judge Dooku's OPness. He's almost a waste of a slot in a team that's not facing Jedi.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    WhipiT wrote: »
    I smile when I see Dooku on a team at endgame. Easy kill right there.

    This isn't about endgame. Dooku is a life-saver in the 30s and 40s, and probably will be into the 50s. Between he and Lumi I can usually take out an opponent healer before they can do a thing.

    I kinda replaced my Dooku with Sidious when he became available.... His heal immunity debuff is in a way more useful... as it pretty much makes the AI waste a heal (I pretty much expect the Barriss bug to be fixed)

    Dooku is great against Jedi but the thing is if the opponent starts branching out into non-Jedi He becomes actually useless except as an AOE-deterrent... as most players will avoid hitting him with AOEs and often will leave him to last... as many critical focused attackers actually outperform him per attack. You'll also find characters that can put on status effects or debuffs significantly more useful than dooku

    In fact I'm personally encounter less and less Dooku's around the 45+ range cause simply he is outperformed by other more versatile characters. Dooku is a one trick pony when fighting non-jedi
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

    Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
Sign In or Register to comment.