Galaxy of Rebels

I'm a big Empire guy and there's not much love right now. All arena teams are CLS and rebels and the new TB's are all about rebels. Thought TBs were going to be all about your whole roster, not rebels like it turned out to be. I know empire TB will come at some point but empire players really got the short end of the stick, QQ

Replies

• I agree. Spreading the release of characters around to different factions would help. Or anything but a continual release of rebels.
  • Yeah it's disappointing. Especially since the battle on Hoth was the only major on-screen example of the Empire winning in the OT.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Galaxy of rebels with a strong dose of han
  • First, your whole roster is used for deployment.
    Second, the battle on Hoth was at best a draw. The Empire failed to destroy the rebellion, it just picked up and moved.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    ScotBott wrote: »
    I'm a big Empire guy and there's not much love right now. All arena teams are CLS and rebels and the new TB's are all about rebels. Thought TBs were going to be all about your whole roster, not rebels like it turned out to be. I know empire TB will come at some point but empire players really got the short end of the stick, QQ

Have your whole guild only use rebels (including deployment) and let us know how much better you do. :wink:

You do use your whole roster, just not in the way you think.

Do you really want to fight enough battles each day to use your whole roster?
  • Kyno wrote: »
    ScotBott wrote: »

Have your whole guild only use rebels (including deployment) and let us know how much better you do. :wink:

You do use your whole roster, just not in the way you think.

Do you really want to fight enough battles each day to use your whole roster?

Why do they have to be everyday? It would have been great if they would have given more faction specific missions in later rounds. Instead only rebels get them. Why not have a clone mission? A resistance mission? Etc. I don't want to power up characters just to have a stronger deployment. I want to be rewarded by needing to actually play with them.
  • Range1974 wrote: »
    First, your whole roster is used for deployment.
    Second, the battle on Hoth was at best a draw. The Empire failed to destroy the rebellion, it just picked up and moved.

There's a different between simply being required/used and actually being utilized. DS characters and ships are nothing more than a GP check in TB, and it really discourages people from investing any more in them than they have to.
    "The Battle of Hoth was a major victory for the Galactic Empire and the single worst battlefield defeat suffered by the Rebel Alliance during the Galactic Civil War." -Wookiepedia
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • You can use your clones in the LS missions, so gating it with a hard requirement of clone only would likely enrage qiite a few players
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Range1974 wrote: »

Combat missions is where the bulk of the points come, and platoons aid a lot in that. Dark side is not available for those, just dark ships in platoons.

There are phases that require around 3 geared lightside teams. It hurts the guild a lot if people are unable to go far into them, and a lot of people need to be finishing them to earn 3*.
  • I'm thankful that I'm in a guild of players who use ALL characters. We'd be in real trouble during TB if our guild members wanted to play this game using only Dark Side at the expense of the Rebels.
  • Range1974 wrote: »

Ya cuz filling a slot in deployment is so fun....

• What can you say ... EA really loves the Rebels.
  • NO MORE REBELS PLEASE
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited September 2017

Not even in your wildest dreams. They were driven off the dang planet and their base destroyed. Man alive, you can point to actual rebel wins at other times, but don't try* and doctor the facts to make a definitive loss where they fled the system into some kind of win for them.
  • ScotBott wrote: »

Ya cuz filling a slot in deployment is so fun....

It's like they just did a Kansas City Shuffle on the darkside fan player base. :/
  • https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_-XjcAdAwqSTk5zMjJ1YUFaZG8/view?usp=drivesdk

There is hope, my bretheren.
    I have very, very good speed mods. But with a thrawn that goes first, this composition typically DESTROYS most CLS teams. the one downside is the AI mismanages it horribly on defense.
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I was not lucky.
    I exclusively farmed mods;
    every.
    single.
    day.
    For well over two months straight, at the cost of character shards, I focused on mods. Its surprisingly difficult to will yourself to put every single character project on hold, especially when you always have that feeling of 'what if XXXXX event comes by??', but if you want truly good mods, its necessary. Additionally, at least 4-5 days a month also get dedicated to mod farming; i made myself adhere to the schedule of every sunday is also mod day, no matter how close i am to a cantina-shard character completion. And then, whenever I'm 'feeling lucky' i may take a shot at a refill for mod farming.
    Yes, actually getting a good mod is a diceroll, but if you play the numbers, eventually you will see returns. For every one of my good mods you see, theres probably 30 that were complete trash, and got discarded.

Back to the origional post:
    At bare minimum, noone can deny hoth didn't have two factions participating. Would it have been so hard to make it where you could also play the side of the empire as well, and you know, actually make it like hoth?