Territory battle rewards don't seem worth the time

The time/effort spent collecting the needed characters far outweigh what we're getting. I can't do anything with 7 gear salvage when it takes 10 just for a fraction of one piece of gear.

So basically for your average guild it will take almost 2 months just to fill 3 gear 12 slots for one toon, and some of the stats like special damage don't even do them any good if they only do physical damage. But they'll still be needed to go to gear 13 when it arrives.

Replies

• Don't worry, soon they'll put g12 in shipment with double price
  • I agree. EA/CG have announced that there will be changes in the reward system for the next TB though... so I remain hopeful until my hopes are crushed :)
  • Politely as not to get in trouble again, Terrain Battles rewards are Terriblely Brutal. Not indicitive of the the work guild leaders alone have to do. Not to mention 48 other members over 6 days.
  • I agree. EA/CG have announced that there will be changes in the reward system for the next TB though... so I remain hopeful until my hopes are crushed :)

I hope so otherwise I'm not farming these duds any longer. If I'm going to waste my time make it worth it.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    isn't that a good thing? less disparity between the have's and the have not's? Not super punishing to be in a weaker, less coordinated guild?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    isn't that a good thing? less disparity between the have's and the have not's? Not super punishing to be in a weaker, less coordinated guild?

Sure the rewards are bad for everyone, superguilds and weak guilds. That's the problem. They're just bad.
  • I think I will give them a chance but if rewards aren't somewhere around the region of tripled, I am done - I expect more from a week's work than the ability to purchase some salvage or a few shards.

Just started playing Force Arena, which could teach CG a thing or two about the strength of diversity and looking after your player base.

Takes me back to when this game was really good fun, instead of a chore that we all sunk too much time into to quit
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    LeoRavus wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Sure the rewards are bad for everyone, superguilds and weak guilds. That's the problem. They're just bad.

worked well for fleet arena though. Saves me the hassle of competing in 2 arena's at specific times.
  • 1 yoda shard for 25 stars

Only 144 to go!!
  • LeoRavus
    1165 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Massov wrote: »
    I think I will give them a chance but if rewards aren't somewhere around the region of tripled, I am done - I expect more from a week's work than the ability to purchase some salvage or a few shards.

And it'll take two territory battles or close to 3 weeks just to purchase one complete piece of gear. I can have a zeta ready in that time and one piece of gear doesn't change a lot. Where were the changes announced? I'm super curious what they'll be.

• Even using ALL your tokens for just G12 gear, it'll be next year before I can gear my arena team depending on what few gear pieces I get from the prize box.

Something's got to change somehow.
  • LeoRavus wrote: »
    I think I will give them a chance but if rewards aren't somewhere around the region of tripled, I am done - I expect more from a week's work than the ability to purchase some salvage or a few shards.

And it'll take two territory battles or close to 3 weeks just to purchase one complete piece of gear. I can have a zeta ready in that time and one piece of gear doesn't change a lot. Where were the changes announced? I'm super curious what they'll be.

Kozi announced they are amending the content and rewards for TB before starting it again this week.

We all hope that means better rewards and removing the unobtainable platoon requirements, but long experience tells us the hopes of this being the case are slim.

Fully agree, I don't want to spend a year chasing gear 12 to keep competitive to then find out you need Hermit Yoda for an event - who is insanely overpriced as is.
  • I'm sure this will be unpopular but here are some counter points:

1. TB was designed as a 3 day. Changed last minute but no change to the reward tables
    2. A piece of G12 is comprised of 70 parts. A 35 star result could net a whole part but the parts count and coins purchase power equals about 70 parts
    3. A 35 star result to me is about a T6 result on AAT
    4. HAAT runs roughly every 3 days and you get 6 toon shards and some parts of varying grade/rarity level. No flexibility via coins to tailor your rewards. If you get 30 frisbees and already own 150, try again in 3 days
    5. TB toon shard count will easily surpass 6 for most decent guilds

Everyone always wants more things faster. I get it. Put in the perspective of a 3 day event (6 day was granted at player base request, you asked for it) I think the rewards are not generous but they are fair in comparison to rewards and frequency from the raids.
  • Well to be fair, it doesn't matter if it is 12 or 24 hours they designed it as a gate of 1 TB per week thus the rewards would end up being the same regardless if it were 12 or 24 hours. The real question is are the rewards worthwhile to be gated 1 per week. I don't think they are awful, but they are certainly not great!
  • Massov wrote: »

Just started playing Force Arena, which could teach CG a thing or two about the strength of diversity and looking after your player base.

Takes me back to when this game was really good fun, instead of a chore that we all sunk too much time into to quit

@Massov hahahaha nice 1 glad your enjoying it just wait until you get a bit higher that game is a total joke the devs never reply to anything, there are constant issues where players cannot even play the game for days on end and then of course just wait till you meet Shinway the whale with maxed out decks who trolls the lowest level players he can normally around tier 5.
    check their forum before you compare this great game with excellent devs and admin to that piece of crap.
    good luck if you think you will go far there
  • leef wrote: »

The higher guilds get more currency and better gear. They get much further ahead, and quicker, than the snail's pace of everyone else.
    Same as raid rewards (esp tank) as they work within a guild, but on a guild vs. guild scale
  • Tb suppose to be weekly but it's more like once per two weeks
  • Dundadarr
    157 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    With 41 stars it will take around 3-4 months to gear a full arena team with 3 g12 pieces each ... for a difference in effectiveness that is barely noticeable.
  • LynnYoda wrote: »

@Massov hahahaha nice 1 glad your enjoying it just wait until you get a bit higher that game is a total joke the devs never reply to anything, there are constant issues where players cannot even play the game for days on end and then of course just wait till you meet Shinway the whale with maxed out decks who trolls the lowest level players he can normally around tier 5.
    check their forum before you compare this great game with excellent devs and admin to that piece of ****.

This game used to be great - now it is just a massive grind that puts JRPGs to shame. I remember playing a game called Nier which needed about 200 hours of grinding, and that is nothing compared to this - it will take longer than that to get my arena team to gear 12 - unless I fork out a few grand

And maybe you had a bad experience, but seeing as I made it to tier 9 ftp in 2 days I don't see what your issue is.
  • After nearly 2 years playing the game, we can make an informed guess what will happen.

My guess is that After the initial g11 spending spree ends and p2p have a lot toons in gold, g12 gear will appear in store either a) expensive or b) at purple prices with a purchasing surge by the masses as guns/cuffs are added to an extra challenge gear (releasing the bottle nock). Supply and demand.
  • Jinks wrote: »
    I'm sure this will be unpopular but here are some counter points:

1. TB was designed as a 3 day. Changed last minute but no change to the reward tables
    2. A piece of G12 is comprised of 70 parts. A 35 star result could net a whole part but the parts count and coins purchase power equals about 70 parts
    4. HAAT runs roughly every 3 days and you get 6 toon shards and some parts of varying grade/rarity level. No flexibility via coins to tailor your rewards. If you get 30 frisbees and already own 150, try again in 3 days

Everyone always wants more things faster. I get it. Put in the perspective of a 3 day event (6 day was granted at player base request, you asked for it) I think the rewards are not generous but they are fair in comparison to rewards and frequency from the raids.

Some counterpoints to yours:

1. It was designed to be once a week. Changing the hours of phases didn't change the content you have to complete.
    2. 35 stars?? That is nowhere near what an average guild would be able to get.
    3. To you. I have accounts in two guilds. Both got 29/39 stars. Both can do T7 tank.
    4. Huh? You don't get what you need, try to buy them with the coin rewards in guild shop.
    5. Most decent guilds? Please define that. Do you have any idea how many guilds there are? There aren't a lot of 'decent guilds' relative to that amount. And using your rewards to get 6 yoda shards, if I'm reading you right, means not spending on gear. Back to the initial problem.
  • Jinks wrote: »
    I'm sure this will be unpopular but here are some counter points:

And to your last point, again, TB was advertised as a once a week event - regardless of the time for each phase.
    Once. A. Week.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Rewards are fine. Its just not fun.
  • What our guild is having an issue with is that TB is just more of the same. No new game play, no new aspects period. It is just more of the same, and tedious to top it off. We are a relatively strong guild at near 90 mil GP, and getting 37 stars.... but none of us have spent ANY TB currency because the store just seems meh.

In the end, its boring. Should have made the AT-ST a new raid for the guild.... or at the end of TB there should be a AT-AT/Hoth Raid.
  • For the rewards just bump it to 10 pieces instead of 9. Add credits and ship credits (we need these more than ever)

Better guild management that is the key. It also shouldn't be exclusive to just TB. Guild management for officers and leaders has been asked for a long while.
    Leaders and officers should have banner control.
    The ability to lock phases- rancor/tank/tb also lock platoons.
    The ability to press "next phase" when done. (Payouts will be at the same for everyone still)
    (Then you have the option of 12 or 24 hours)
    Indicating who did not hit a combat mission or platoon is vital.

Allowing leaders and officers to structure and mold tb like they/we do for rancor and haat would be a small step from devs but a giant leap for guilds.

There needs to be an increase for all challenges
    Credit and training droid heists included-- all credits, gear, training droid, ship material, and zetas have everything to do with tb.

As for platoons (I don't have a real problem with them, with the thinking you're not really suppose to complete all of them with out paying, no matter how far fetched the falcon is)

North - ships- includes ds ships
    Middle- toons - platoons ls only
    South- toons - platoons ds only

TB does not make use of our whole roster as we thought. If there is a ds tb on the horizon or soon, simply state it.

Complaints no matter how whiny or full of merit is still feedback. Most complaints with Hoth tb is pretty much the same across the board.
    Talk to us. Let us know if something will take too much time or resources. (see daily 600 tracker)

We are all in a relationship and cold shoulders do not improve situations.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    slugbahr wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

The higher guilds get more currency and better gear. They get much further ahead, and quicker, than the snail's pace of everyone else.
    Same as raid rewards (esp tank) as they work within a guild, but on a guild vs. guild scale

With lower rewards across the board they "good" guilds won't progress much faster than the "bad" guilds. The obvious fact that good guilds progress faster regardless of how good the rewards are doesn't change that.
    Think about it, if they double or even tripple the rewards, who would benefit most? "Weaker" guilds will be relatively worse off than they are now.
    Let's take arena for example, If they would tripple the rewards #1 would get 1500 crystals each day and #51 - #100 would get 300 crystals each day. That's the side effect of better rewards alot of people seem to ignore. Specially because of all the talk about TB ruining guilds and what not. Seems to me it's not worth going to a slightly better guild to get even slightier (lol) better rewards.
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    LynnYoda wrote: »

check their forum before you compare this great game with excellent devs and admin to that piece of ****.

This game used to be great - now it is just a massive grind that puts JRPGs to shame. I remember playing a game called Nier which needed about 200 hours of grinding, and that is nothing compared to this - it will take longer than that to get my arena team to gear 12 - unless I fork out a few grand

And maybe you had a bad experience, but seeing as I made it to tier 9 ftp in 2 days I don't see what your issue is.

and that right there is the biggest problem, come back to me when you hit tier 11 or 12 and you have hit a brick wall. i played that game along with many others i know since launch and unless you have level 14 / 15 turrets you have no chance. the matchmaking is pathetic to say the least. good luck your gonna need it big time hahaha