Guild conflict due to TB

Our guild as like any I'm sure have had a lot of conflict internally over people not contributing every day. It's a tough topic cause it's a lot to ask (50 people 6days a week) and also kinda essential to contribute.

So I had an idea dunno if it's been mentioned yet that could fix the issue or at least ease it somewhat

IDEA: officers/leader, select a territory each day and at the end of the phase everyone who hasn't deployed, automatically deploys in that territory.

I don't think it's much to ask and would benefit guilds especially when people go on holiday etc and can't play.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• I personally think it's great for guild health. If you can't contribute a few minutes each day to TB's, you should go find a more casual guild. What is frustrating is that members don't view themselves as burdens and make us kick them out.
  • I agree to a point with OP but if you want to do really well in TB is takes daily teamwork (and commitment).

If there were short cuts then nobody would get the smaller reward payouts and the upper value payouts would mean less to those working hard to attain them.

Basically, casual players need to be in a casual guild. Nothing seeds guild disharmony like part time contributors.
  • aeaswen wrote: »
    I personally think it's great for guild health. If you can't contribute a few minutes each day to TB's, you should go find a more casual guild. What is frustrating is that members don't view themselves as burdens and make us kick them out.

I get that. I mean ultimately that's what everyone should do. Maybe after a few weeks or a month or so when people have been shuffled around it won't be a big deal anymore. I guess I just don't wanna kick anyone lol
  • I agree to a point with OP but if you want to do really well in TB is takes daily teamwork (and commitment).

If there were short cuts then nobody would get the smaller reward payouts and the upper value payouts would mean less to those working hard to attain them.

Basically, casual players need to be in a casual guild. Nothing seeds guild disharmony like part time contributors.

Absolutely, I just don't like kicking people haha. And the casual players never go " oh I'm leeching off my guild, better downgrade!"
  • I think that every player has to login at least for the energy bonus / arena / guild activities / gw.

If you auto deploy, what's the point of gaming then?

Just get rid of the slackers and give opportunity to players willing to help (instead of just looking for +GP).

You can have a healthy +80M GP doing 35 stars instead of +88M GP doing 36 and missing 37 because of arrogant / proud people.

I like your idea tho, would make my work (more like a job) as officer much much easier. But I think the players must contribute, instead of auto'ing everything.
    Do or do not...
  • I think that every player has to login at least for the energy bonus / arena / guild activities / gw.

If you auto deploy, what's the point of gaming then?

Just get rid of the slackers and give opportunity to players willing to help (instead of just looking for +GP).

You can have a healthy +80M GP doing 35 stars instead of +88M GP doing 36 and missing 37 because of arrogant / proud people.

I like your idea tho, would make my work (more like a job) as officer much much easier. But I think the players must contribute, instead of auto'ing everything.

It wouldn't be like autoing anything. Combat missions and platoons are far more interactive and I'm not talking about those things.

I know deploying is super simple an takes 5 seconds but people still find ways to do it (lazy, on holiday etc) I just thought it was something small that would help guilds out and at the same time not create animosity between guild members.

E.g. in phase 6 of the last TB we needed 425K GP to 2* the ship territory with 20mins left and instead of blaring at people on discord and guild chat it would be reassuring to know we won't miss out on the star because people are busy, sleeping at work or whatever
  • Boot & Replace. Likely these same people have been slacking for a while. It's just now causing more issues.
  • I find those type of threads very odd. Are you a serious guild, or are you not? If you are a serious guild kick the ones who can't contribute - problem solved. If you aren't a serious guild keep them in and progress as fast as a turtle. What is there to complain about? It's the exact same thing with "Huh but I have a life and job you no-lifer" fine, nobody told you to leave your job or to stop going out. But why should everybody else have to suffer just because you can't spend as much time as them on the game?(This was in reference to the people constantly crying about things such as why is TB 12h not 24[they changed it], why do flash events only last 1h, etc.).
  • We have plenty of people who contribute tickets and are engaged that don't have great GP. They are more of an asset than 1.5 million GP who are up and down and deploy incorrectly. With TB's, if you have a good guild, recruiting should be easier. You can be relatively chill and still ask people to listen and contribute. It is the guild officers who are spending hours on platoons, etc. Asking 15 minutes a day for a game you supposedly like isn't asking too much imo.
  • I don't see the point of keeping dead weight around .. I do agree people not putting in their time will create problems. The bigger issue I see are the committed players looking for greener pastures.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Exactly. It's easier to get rid of the slackers instead of asking CG to do something they surely won't.Heck, even the 600 daily panel is not fixed.Do you really think they will make an auto deploy stuff? I'm pretty sure they won't.

Do or do not...
  • I don't see the point of keeping dead weight around .. I do agree people not putting in their time will create problems. The bigger issue I see are the committed players looking for greener pastures.

Much bigger. Agreed. I don't blame them, am still friends with people who've left our guild to join up with the meg-guilds. Still, kinda annoying...

The one thing I give the OP is that the revolving door of your worst players means you sometimes get even worse players who just cause friction. You gotta drop them, but it doesn't guarantee anything.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • westenger
    138 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I have seen the same issues about people not doing tb daily and having to be reminded by officers daily... it's kinda tough because it's a game and you don't want to be policing around, but this is what this game makes us, with such size of content. I think at the end of the day you gotta kick the slackers and find people who is more committed to the game; which sounds kinda extreme because sometimes it seems like most people forget it's a MOBILE GAME, which should be intended to play on your dead time
  • I totally understand that people need to participate each day. No guild needs dead weight. I personally have never once missed getting my 600 since guilds came into existence.

However, it would be nice if while I lost power from hurricane Irma for four days, that the officers could have at least been able to deploy my troops if I missed. A missing member still wouldn't contributed the combat missions, but the guild would get something. It would also be nice to figure a work around for somebody missing their 600 one time that doesn't ruin a TB. Since those mechanisms don't exist, I was sitting in my car burning fuel that was irreplaceable because all the pumps were totally drained trying to charge my phone so I don't screw my guild.

Instead of just being able to worry about taking the boards off my windows, and dealing with the 8 inches of standing water and 4 truckloads of tree debris in my yard, and the rotting food I'm my freezer, and getting in touch with my family to make sure their OK, and trying to find someone with power that my 6 year old could stay with so he could sleep at night instead of lying awake sweating because it's a humid 85 degrees at night with no breeze or working fans in Florida... instead of dealing with that I have to stop to deal with TB so 49 other people don't get screwed.

Let one more person say that making some small allowances for human beings who vigilantly play every day 99.999% of the time to have a single bad day, and not mess up everything is being unreasonable.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    I totally understand that people need to participate each day. No guild needs dead weight. I personally have never once missed getting my 600 since guilds came into existence.

However, it would be nice if while I lost power from hurricane Irma for four days, that the officers could have at least been able to deploy my troops if I missed. A missing member still wouldn't contributed the combat missions, but the guild would get something. It would also be nice to figure a work around for somebody missing their 600 one time that doesn't ruin a TB. Since those mechanisms don't exist, I was sitting in my car burning fuel that was irreplaceable because all the pumps were totally drained trying to charge my phone so I don't screw my guild.

Instead of just being able to worry about taking the boards off my windows, and dealing with the 8 inches of standing water and 4 truckloads of tree debris in my yard, and the rotting food I'm my freezer, and getting in touch with my family to make sure their OK, and trying to find someone with power that my 6 year old could stay with so he could sleep at night instead of lying awake sweating because it's a humid 85 degrees at night with no breeze or working fans in Florida... instead of dealing with that I have to stop to deal with TB so 49 other people don't get screwed.

Let one more person say that making some small allowances for human beings who vigilantly play every day 99.999% of the time to have a single bad day, and not mess up everything is being unreasonable.

One of my big points exactly, that when people are off the guild doesn't have to suffer so much