A few new character ideas; revan, jango, jabba

I have a few other ideas coming with time, but I like to think some up. Im posting these at the request of my guild's prompting.

Anyway, here goes;
My official self-divised character toolkit for Darth Revan. I hope you enjoy; I've been working on this guy a long time, hopefully to do him justice.

Darth revan;
Jedi, Sith, Separatist, Healer

Darth Revan has the unique ability to alternate between two different 'modes', giving him two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT skill-sets. When in each mode, he will only use the version of each ability for that particular mode, with the exception of the turn directly proceeding his 'Forever Stand Alone' ability. Regardless of which mode he is in, darth revan retains leadership and shared unique bonuses from other characters of BOTH classes.

Absolution:
Basic:
Sith:
Drain all living other allies by 3% of all total maximum health AND protection. Then deal 1/3/7/10x (increases by 1 tier by each defeated ally) this total combined amount as unavoidable damage to target enemy, and inflict buff immunity until the end of their next turn. This effect cannot be resisted, and this attack cannot be countered.
Jedi:
Darth Revan drains himself and all enemies by 1% of total maximum combined health and protection, and heal all allies for 1/3/7/10x (increases by 1 tuer for each defeated enemy) this amount. Then, dispel 1 of the following buffs at random from target enemy:
Taunt, speed up, offense up, heal over time
The drain effects of this abilty cannot be fatal.

Savior (special)
6 turn cooldown
Jedi:
Sacrifice 25% health and protection, revive 1 fallen ally at random and restore their health and protection by double this amount, and grant all allies 10% turnmeter. This damage cannot be fatal to Revan.
This ability starts on cooldown.
Sith:
Remove 50% turnmeter from all other allies, but refresh all cooldowns, and restore 10% health and protection.

Conqueror: (special)
5 turn cooldown
Sith:
Grant all allies offense up, potency up, critical chance up, and critical damage up for 2 turns.
Inflict defense down on all enemies for 2 turns.
Jedi:
Grant all allies speed up, tenacity up, health up, and protection up (20%) for 2 turns.
Inflict offense down on all enemies for 2 turns.

Hero (special)
5 turn cooldown
Jedi only:
Call 2 allies at random to assist against target enemy, dealing -30% damage on the first attack and -50% damage on the second, but both with a 50% chance to remove 30% turnmeter each. This attack ignores taunts.

Villain (special)
5 turn cooldown
Sacrifice 25% total health and protection, then cast deathmark and daze on selected enemy for 2 turns each, and grant all allies 10% turnmeter. This effect cannot be resisted.

Forever Stand Alone
6 turn cooldown
Darth Revan switches between Jedi or Sith;
Switch skill-mode, restore all other cooldowns, and grant self 100% turnmeter, restore 10% health and protection, remove all status effects on Darth Revan, and restore an additional 10% health and protection for each effect removed in this way.
At the start of each battle, before any other action takes place, Darth Revan will select either his ability 'hero' or 'villain'. The choice made will dictate the alignment Revan starts the battle with, but the ability itself will not be used out of turn.
If 'hero' is selected, all allies start the match with critical hit immunity for 2 turns.
If 'villain'  is selected,  all enemies start the match with 'daze' for 2 turns.
These effects cannot be resisted.

Jango fett legendary bounty hunter.
Dark side, bounty hunter, scoundrel

Percussive blast (basic):
Deal physical damage to all enemy targets, with a high damage variance. This ability cannot critically hit enemies above 75% health, but is a guaranteed critical hit below 75% health. This attack cannot be retaliated against.

Spread the wealth (special):
7 turn cooldown
Detonate all thermal detonators on target enemy, apply that many thermal detonators to all other enemies for 1 turn, and reduce the cooldown of this ability by 1 for each detonator removed, to a minimum of 1 turn cooldown.

. Bounty Hunters Gambit (special):
1 turn cooldown.
Grant all bounty hunter and clone allies 30% turnmeter and potency up for 3 turns.
Reduce all other bounty hunter and clone allies cooldowns by 2, and increase the cooldown of this ability by 2 for the rest of the match, up to a maximum of 6.

Out for blood (unique):
4 turn cooldown
Remove all of jango fett's current protection, and remove all debuffs from him. Deal 50% of the amount of protection removed as bonus damage. Apply 3 thermal detonators on target enemy for 2 turns each, then gain 10% turnmeter for each detonator present.

Hunter of men (unique):
Each time a thermal detonator explodes, Jango fett restores 5% health and protection. If boba fett is present, he also gains these bonuses.

The Original (leader):
All bounty hunter and clone allies are immune to ability-based healing, recover 10% health at the end of their turns, have +20% health steal, and convert all health-steal to protection-recovery instead.
Bounty hunter and clone allies at the beginning of their turn will remove all debuffs automatically, at the cost of 10% protection each, and gain 10% bonus damage for each effect removed this way for their next attack. If no protection remains, the remaining debuffs are dispelled, 10% protection is gained, and 20% health is lost. This damage cannot be fatal, but no bonus damage is added for excess debuff removal.

Additionally, each time a thermal detonator explodes, all bounty hunter allies gain +1% health steal for the rest of the match.

Jabba the hut:

Contractual obligations (basic):
Place a contract on each enemy characters head for the next attack by any ally. Each contact deals no damage, but prevents the next attack from being evaded and any effects from being resisted. The next attack incurred on any enemy with the contractual obligation debuff will apply all damage and non-unique-debuffs equally to every enemy character with a 'contract' applied, and then remove all contracts from all enemies.
This effect cannot be evaded, resisted, or dispelled.

Cantina master (special):
4 turn cooldoen
Call all bounty hunters to attack target enemy, dealing 50% less damage, and +50% potency. Also detonates all thermal detonators on all targets.

Subterfuge (special):
4 turn cooldown
Detonate all existing therman detonators on target enemy, and place 2 thermal detonators on all other enemy targets for 3 turns.
Any time a thermal detonator explodes jabba the hut gains 20% turnmeter.

Cantina hospitality (unique):
Any 'finishing blow' damage on jabba the hut is mitigated. Restore 50% health and 25% turnmeter, and an additional 10/10% for each fallen character.
The cooldowns for all allies are reduced by 1, and the cooldowns for all enemies are increased by 1.
Cannot be used again for 10 turns

Second hand killer (leader):
All bounty huntera have +15 speed and a +50% chance to apply a thermal detonator on a basic attack for 2 turns.
All bounty hunter allies have their cooldowns reset whenever any character is eliminated.
If that character was an ally, detonate all thermal detonators on all enemies and restore all allies by 10% health and 5% TMR for each one present.
If that character was an enemy, place 2 thermal detonators on all remaining enemies for 3 turns.

What do you guys think?

Replies

• Good to see a change with all the light side characters and Hans! Jango and Jabba sound interesting. Jabba should also be dark side, bounty Hunter scoundrel. Should also team up with gamorrean guard.
  • Seems quite good tbh would like to see Revan switch between light and dark side considering what he is like in Kotor
  • You're wasting your time with these, dude!

I completely agree with you and these are some great ideas! There should be a lean to the Dark Side as it painfully lacks attention by the devs. I know lots of time goes into this - as I did a Character Proposal myself of Jango Fett, as well as MANY other characters. Check out my profile for comparison.

But not ONCE did the devs reach out to me or even awknowledge my work. I spent many personal free time and hours coming up with move set ideas for new characters in their factions, as well as specific ally and personal abilities synergy. I got a few replies from the forums was all, then it was quickly brushed under the rug when nobody replied to keep it up at the top, or worse - moved by an admin to "Feedback Home" >> "Characters" and never heard from again.

Good luck though! Let's hope the devs actually read your post and relize that a grand majority of the forums for the past year want Jango, Separatist rework, Droideka, Nightsister rework with Mother Talzin, Mace rework with small Jedi Rework, Revan, Rebel Chewie, Padme, etc. If you don't believe me just search it and see how many topics come up about those characters.

I don't know how they got an Ewok Rework, (more) rebel passes, not-Jedi Luke, lame "Smuggler" Chewie, 14 Han Solos, ROLO, Hermit Yoda, and a mediocrely-entertaining TB out of that these past few months. I've NEVER seen character proposals of them, other than rare "Padawan Luke" (blue lightsaber) requests. When we get the Luke on the cover of the game then I'll be happy. Let's just hope I have Jango in my inventory by then. Sorry for the rant man. This game has just been bugging me for the past year.
  • So cool, would love to see these in game (Specially Revan). Devs take note.
  • It's not han, luke, Leia, or lightside so it's not gonna happen.
  • good idea, i just dont think this game need more toons at the moment, maybe after new year
  • Don't ask for news toons , they will give us a fifth Han .....
  • Confused by Jabba's cantina hospitality unique- can someone explain?
  • JDIII wrote: »
    KOTOR was a **** game, I'm surprised players played it long enough to find out about him.

It was a revolutionary game.

Anyways, why does Revan have the "Separatist" tag? While he did "separate" from the order, he isn't a separatist.
  • I don't understand why people talk about this light side/dark side switch. Revan is the name he adopted when he became a sith. Before that he was an average joe Jedi. If Revan is put in the game he should just be dark side

You may as well say the same about making Vader a light side character since he followed basically the same path.
  • PhoenixRvX wrote: »
    I don't understand why people talk about this light side/dark side switch. Revan is the name he adopted when he became a sith. Before that he was an average joe Jedi. If Revan is put in the game he should just be dark side

You may as well say the same about making Vader a light side character since he followed basically the same path.

Well see, they have Anakin and Vader. They two versions of the same person. If they put in Revan, what would they call the lightside version? And which version would it be? Jedi Revan? Revan Reborn? Revan Redeemed? There are three light side versions of him, and two dark side.

ORRRRR they could just make a composite Revan with an cool new feature that would help entice players and also cause them to spend crap tons of money because many Star Wars love Revan. That makes more sense all in all.
  • PhoenixRvX
    153 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    PhoenixRvX wrote: »
    I don't understand why people talk about this light side/dark side switch. Revan is the name he adopted when he became a sith. Before that he was an average joe Jedi. If Revan is put in the game he should just be dark side

Well see, they have Anakin and Vader. They two versions of the same person. If they put in Revan, what would they call the lightside version? And which version would it be? Jedi Revan? Revan Reborn? Revan Redeemed? There are three light side versions of him, and two dark side.

ORRRRR they could just make a composite Revan with an cool new feature that would help entice players and also cause them to spend **** tons of money because many Star Wars love Revan. That makes more sense all in all.

In the end they'll probably just release a light side and dark side version. So we'll have to buy two characters
  • PhoenixRvX wrote: »

It's because in legends Revan has mastery over both the light side and dark side of the force
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @DanTastix_1
    Cantina hospitality works like a damage-immunity on whatever amount of damage proves fatal to jabba the hut. This INCLUDES annihilate, execute, saber-throw.
    Basically, whatever damage is going to be a 'killing blow' , whether it kills him with 5% hp left, or 50% hp left, is entirely ignored.
    It then restores 50% of his hp and 25% of his turnmeter, +10% hp/turnmeter for each fallen character
    This is entire skill effect triggers once, and then is only active again after 10 turns.
    It would not trigger his leader ability, since he doesnt actually die.

Also, i made jabba NOT a bounty hunter, because he himself wasnt one, correct? If im wrong here, please advise.
    I made revan a seperatist incorrectly. I was thinking of his going against the Jedi and becoming commander of the republic forces, preceeding him becoming a sith. I would replace that tag with 'attacker', and label him as Jedi/ healer and sith/attacker, when in respective roles.
    Also..why would Revan be two separate characters? The whole idea of revan is going back and forth; trotting the line between light and dark. Hoping someone caught that his skill-names are a direct quote from darth malak that accentuated this very point.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
  • why would Revan be two separate characters? The whole idea of revan is going back and forth
    Twice the crystal revenue, twice the shard pack revenue for CG
    Why would Han be 5 seperate characters?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Nikarah wrote: »

I made revan a seperatist incorrectly. I was thinking of his going against the Jedi and becoming commander of the republic forces, preceeding him becoming a sith. I would replace that tag with 'attacker', and label him as Jedi/ healer and sith/attacker, when in respective roles.
    Also..why would Revan be two separate characters? The whole idea of revan is going back and forth; trotting the line between light and dark. Hoping someone caught that his skill-names are a direct quote from darth malak that accentuated this very point.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

Ahh fair enough, thanks! I just wanted to be sure of that with the entire thing. One issue I have with this, how would this work with character tags in terms of in-battle leader buffs and abilities? I.e., if he starts off as a Jedi then uses Forever Stand Alone whilst under a Nihilus leader, does he lose his protection and gain that as health? Or vice versa, what happens with that?

I love the idea of him being ONE character, switching between the two sides. And worry not, I noticed those quotes, well done ;)
  • Interesting.

I'm not we'll versed in KOTR lore, but I'd like a 0-0-0, BT and Apha before more legends characters.
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    @DarthNekros i did add, in revans intro, that regardless of which mode he isin, he receives the leadersip bonuses and unique bonuses of BOTH jedi and sith.
    Nihilus lead with a zarris, for example, would operate just like average sith. When uniques conflict, one will have to take precedence, but SWGOH has already shown a willingness to do this. But he could get REALLY interesting with an OBJ lead running primarily his sith-toolkit
    Honestly i think his greatest strength is the ability to play the opposing alignments skills on a synergized team. His sith skills with a GK or QGJ lead would be sickening.
    Conversely, he couls be a very effective support\healer; something the Sith lack.
    Im under no illusions that the devs will ever pay attention to these ideas; i do them for fun.
    @DarthNekros i did add, in revans intro, that regardless of which mode he isin, he receives the leadersip bonuses and unique bonuses of BOTH jedi and sith.
    Nihilus lead with a zarris, for example, would operate just like average sith. When uniques conflict, one will have to take precedence, but SWGOH has already shown a willingness to do this.
    Honestly i think hia greatest strength is the ability to make a lot of interesting jedi and sith builds. Similar to a jango fett lead.
    Im under no illusions that the devs will ever pay attention to these ideas; i do them for fun.

Ohhh so the precedence will be taken. Gotcha! Understood, thank you! And yeah I know but hey, once they're done handing out 20k to only a few people, maybe they'll read and actually take our ideas into consideration. Well, at least the Revan idea! That'd be amazing
  • Nikarah
    51 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    He could also singlehandedly make sith-soldier a viable tank for a jedi team.

@DEATHCOYOTE
    Figured you would enjoy this thread
    Post edited by Nikarah on
    He could also singlehandedly make sith-soldier a viable tank for a jedi team.

Wow yeah, I hadn't even taken that into consideration. Yeah that would amazing. Then with GK and Zoda in there with maybe Nihilus in there, that'd be fantastic